Pence statement seals fate as election loser

lennypartiv

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2019
One would think Pence would have learned his lesson by now. Republican voters expected Republicans in DC to stand behind Trump during the 2020 election. Pence has failed us. And now he opens his mouth and inserts his foot.

---I know we did our duty that day and I couldn’t be more encouraged whether it’s here in New Hampshire, in Iowa, or all across the country how many people come up to me and express their appreciation for the stand that we took.”---

One would think Pence would have learned his lesson by now. Republican voters expected Republicans in DC to stand behind Trump during the 2020 election. Pence has failed us. And now he opens his mouth and inserts his foot.

---I know we did our duty that day and I couldn’t be more encouraged whether it’s here in New Hampshire, in Iowa, or all across the country how many people come up to me and express their appreciation for the stand that we took.”---

You mean took a "stand" and stood behind Trump as he claimed non-existent voter fraud and tried to overturn the results of a free and fair election he lost? Yeah, even Pence isn't that partisan...or stupid. And I remember he was Donald Trump's leading sycophantic cheerleader for almost four years. I have no love for Pence, but in standing up to Trump and doing his Constitutional duty, he probably saved the country from a catastrophe.

One would think Pence would have learned his lesson by now. Republican voters expected Republicans in DC to stand behind Trump during the 2020 election.

No, Cult 45 expected that. Real Americans expected Pence to stand behind the rule of law and our Constitution, which he did. Cult 45 are not real Americans. They're insurrectionists end enemies to a free state.

The irony is that Trump's legal defense is betting a Pence testimony will be an asset for them.

John Lauro: Mike Pence will be one of our best witnesses at trial. I read his book very carefully, and if he testifies consistent with his book, then President Trump will be acquitted for these reasons. Number one: Mr. Pence recognizes that John Eastman, who was giving legal advice, was a renowned legal scholar.

Number two: Vice President Pence recognised that there were discrepancies and fraud in connection with the election. He wanted it to be debated on Capitol Hill. Mr. Trump wanted it to be debated in the state legislatures. But make no mistake about it, based on what Vice President Pence will say, the government will never be able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that President Trump had corrupt or criminal intent. And that’s what this case is about.

No, Cult 45 expected that. Real Americans expected Pence to stand behind the rule of law and our Constitution, which he did. Cult 45 are not real Americans. They're insurrectionists end enemies to a free state.

I see what you're saying. Clearly real Americans lie down and let the other party steal elections. That makes sense. On another subject, what totalitarian country are you from?

I only hope they were being clear with each other.

My firm impression from the time was that the entire Trump Nation (if I may call it that) was convinced that there were numerous and massive "irregularities" with the election that were not actually being looked at. Courts were rejecting claims on procedural grounds and local Leftist operatives were roadblocking attempts to look at what happened.

The actual objective on January 6th was just to put on the brakes for a short time while these allegations and claims could be examined more closely. The fear - later realized - was that once the election was certified, none of the official agencies would continue looking closely at what happened. Trump wanted the proceedings delayed, at least until, say, inauguration day.

Pence, who has no chance in hell of being the candidate, is being entirely too cute. He needs, at the very least, to be crystal clear about what he is saying. If he is denying the official Trump line - saying that Trump wanted him to declare Trump the winner - then he needs to say that.

If true, that would be a "blockbuster," but I don't believe that's what happened.

Forum List

Back