‘He Just Confessed To The Crime’: Indicted Trump Attorney John Eastman Admits On Fox News He Pressured Pence To Delay Certifying Election Results

Before Trump got voted out of office, I made a post where I said that it appeared that Trump fundamentally misunderstood the purpose of a lawyer. In Washington, the purpose is to keep you from getting into trouble. In Trump’s civil litigation experience, the purpose of a lawyer was to get you out of trouble. After the fact.

I mentioned it in context to Trump making policy decisions on Twitter. I explained then that Trump didn’t understand how the Presidency really worked. The President has an idea. And it takes time to examine the idea to see if it can be done legally by both US law and international agreements. It takes time for everyone to weigh in with observations and potential hurdles. Trump wanted it done now.

This post on Truth Social shows that Trump has finally started listening to some lawyers. Years too late to prevent him from fucking up.

Trump now is beginning to understand the legal peril that has come from his decisions.

He enjoyed and utilized the authority and power of the Presidency. But he never grasped the flip side of the coin. The responsibility that came with the office.

Forum List

Back