Pelosi rejects Jordan and Banks from Select Committee for 1/6/2021

The funny thing about all this is that McCarthy turned down a bipartiasan commission. No doubt at Trump's behest because Trump really doesn't want to revisit his role. But that was Kevin's chance to set the ground rules and define what was investigated.

But then, Pelosi was pretty much just doing a show trial. We have a long history of show trials ... going back at least as far as TR when he was the NYC police commissioner. BOTH parties ended up hating him. But generally they don't accomplish much. McCarthy ruined lives. With Nixon we found out not only was he lying (we all knew that) but he tape recoreded himself doing it! The gop tried that with Hillary's emails, but what did her in wasn't the show trial but Comey grandstanding about some old emails he claimed were new.

Kevin failed aGAIN at trying to derail that. And he has no power to hold gop only hearings. I don't hold out much hope, but the dems could actually call witnesses to find out if any gopers had foreknowledge and helped the attack, why the capital police didn't realize that these assholes really did plan to attach congress, and why was the natl guard so late. I'm not holding out hope, and I really don't care.

But Keven is left trying to appease at most 30% who don't think Trump's up to his ass in this. And that is not where the gop really needed to be.
The ground rules for a kangaroo court are still the ground rules for a kangaroo court. Anyone who believes the Republican's would have had any real control is a damn fool.

Oh my, somebody has been running into a lot of brick walls lately and is very grumpy. Hows that election lawsuit coming along, Cletus?
Everyone dealing with a police state "runs into brick walls." That isn't something a decent person would gloat about.

Forum List

Back