Pelosi lays blame on MAGA Republicans for 'undermining the safety' of trans people after deadly Colorado gay nightclub shooting

Gay and trans are two completely different things. And I don't think we in the MAGA crowd "hate" trans people; we just hate the culture that brings them out. I don't hate anyone but Pelosi and Schumer.

As often as not, when there is a gay atrocity it is one gay person who is pissed at another, or a group. Jumping to conclusions is not productive.

Let's hope the local DA is Soros-backed, so the shooter won't have to spend much time in jail. Wait...the ALLEGED shooter.

Russia attacks Ukraine, blame MAGA. Inflation hits, blame MAGA. People die from cancer, blame MAGA. Random psychotic person who some poster on Fox suggested had a history of attempted kidnappings (I can't confirm obviously) who was free even though he had obvious issues, blame MAGA.

Whoever honestly believe this, not for the sake of arguing or because you despise Trump, but who really believes this narrative, please speak your piece here. I highly doubt even his detractors would stoop so low after a tragedy.

Last edited:
Russia attacks Ukraine, blame MAGA. Inflation hits, blame MAGA. People die from cancer, blame MAGA. Random psychotic person who some poster on Fox suggested had a history of attempted kidnappings (I can't confirm obviously) who was free even though he had obvious issues, blame MAGA.

Whoever honestly believe this, not for the sake of arguing or because you despise Trump, but who really believes this narrative, please speak your piece here. I highly doubt even his detractors would stoop so long after a tragedy.
the demaklan leaders are always looking for someone to blame all the problems on…their base is a selfish group that doesn’t like taking ownership of their own reality

This lady

pelosi-cartoon-new.png

because it clearly is
What do you base your opinion on? I read the article and saw no mention of motive, at all, let alone certainty the shooter was some extremist. Are we now to believe that anyone who uses a certain type of commonly-owned firearm is immediately to be seen as a "right wing extremist"?

Whoever honestly believe this, not for the sake of arguing or because you despise Trump, but who really believes this narrative, please speak your piece here. I highly doubt even his detractors would stoop so long after a tragedy.

One half of shit-for-brains suspect Americans believe it!

Anderson Lee Aldrich: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

:oops8:

Aldrich was arrested in 2021 after his mother reported to police he was threatening to harm her with a homemade bomb and multiple weapons, according to the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office. He was arrested after a standoff and charged with six felonies. But he was not prosecuted, records show. The El Paso County district attorney has not commented on why the case was dropped.
https://heavy.com/fitness/future-ios-app/

FacebookRandy Voepel

Heavy was not able to find any social media profiles for Aldrich. But Facebook posts made by his mother reveal he had been dealing with mental health issues. She posted often about her son in a Facebook group for women involved in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Colorado Springs area. In one post in July 2021, she asked for help finding a criminal defense attorney, “Hello Sisters. Does anyone know of a fantastic defense attorney? I ask this with a heavy heart but my family really needs some help at this time. We have cash to retain good counsel. Thank you.” Her post about needing a criminal defense attorney came just after her son was arrested.

Facebook

In February 2022, she wrote, “Hello Sisters. Can anyone please recommend a great trauma/ptsd therapist?” and indicated it was for a 21-year-old, which Aldrich then was. She asked in May 2022, “Can anybody refer my son to a private boxing coach? He’s 6’6” tall and hits like a freight train. Cannot find a good gym or anyone serious. He has made huge life changes and needs this!”
In 2021, she wrote, “Does anyone have an extra heavy duty fan they would like to donate to my son? He’s in University Village Apartments and it’s 80 degrees in his apartment and no fan. They put in a new ac but it doesn’t blow any air out. I swear they need to clean those ducts. He doesn’t have any cash so thought I’d ask you. Thanks all! 🙏👍🏻😊
Randy Voepel was defeated after redistricting forced two Republicans to run against each other. Heavy has reached out to numerous members of Voepel’s office to seek comment from him, including his chief of staff.
“Randy Voepel was elected to represent California’s 71st Assembly District in 2016. Before joining the Assembly, Randy served on the Santee City Council between 1996 and 2000, and then served as Mayor between 2000-2016,” his bio reads. “Randy is a Vietnam veteran, serving two tours in the conflict with the US Navy. After leaving the service, he worked nearly forty years in the insurance industry. Randy and his wife Susan live in Santee, where they raised their two children.”
In Colorado Springs, the police chief described how Aldrich, 22, entered the gay night club and opened fire.
“The suspect entered Club Q and immediately began shooting people inside,” Vasquez said. At least two “heroic people confronted” and stopped Anderson Aldrich from being able to harm others, the chief said. The witnesses were not identified. The FBI is on the scene. Police are still working to identify the victims who have died, he said. Aldrich used a long rifle, he said.
Some of the people were wounded when they fled; all might not have been shot, Castro said.
The call came in just before 11:57 p.m. of an active shooting at Club Q. The suspect is in the hospital, but Castro said she did not know the gunman’s condition or how the shooter sustained the injuries.

In a press conference on November 20, 2022, Castro said police responded within seconds, and, by 12 a.m., the first officer arrived at the scene. By 12:02 a.m., the suspect was in custody.
The suspect was located inside, Castro said. “We had numerous people transported to multiple local hospitals” by ambulance and police vehicles, she said.
The FBI is on scene and assisting, according to Castro.

“We did get numerous calls on this,” Castro said.
Play
Colorado Springs Police Department holds news conference on nightclub shootingThe Colorado Springs Police Department holds a news conference after five people were killed at an LGBTQ nightclub. Read more: wapo.st/3EOoire. Subscribe to The Washington Post on YouTube: wapo.st/2QOdcqK Follow us: Twitter: twitter.com/washingtonpost Instagram: instagram.com/washingtonpost/ Facebook: facebook.com/washingtonpost/2022-11-20T15:47:46Z
Castro said closing time in Colorado Springs is 2 a.m. Numerous homicide detectives are processing the scene. Vehicles at the scene need to remain until they are fully processed.

2. Anderson Lee Aldrich Was Previously Involved in a Standoff Following a Bomb Threat​

In 2021, Anderson Lee Aldrich was accused of being involved in a bomb threat situation with weapons in the Lorson Ranch neighborhood of Colorado Springs, a press release says.
That coincides with the time frame in which his mother was seeking a criminal defense attorney.
According to the June 18, 2021, press release from the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office, the reporting party “said her son was threatening to cause harm to her with a homemade bomb, multiple weapons and ammunition. The reporting party was not in the home at the time when she made the call and was not sure where her son was.”

Press release

Authorities responded and realized the suspect, Anderson Lee Aldrich, DOB 5/20/2000, was in a residence 1 mile away. The deputies contacted him by phone and he refused to surrender. A tactical support unit responded to the scene and began evacuating 10 homes in the area as a precaution.
Eventually he complied and walked out the front door after a crisis negotiations unit became involved, the release says. It says he was booked into the El Paso County Jail on charges of felony menacing and first-degree kidnapping. That press release said a mugshot for Aldrich would be released in the future. Heavy contacted the jail to seek that mugshot and was sent to a voicemail that is full.
Authorities would not comment on any past criminal history for Anderson Aldrich. There is no ongoing court case listed for Anderson Aldrich in Colorado court records. No formal charges were ever filed, and the case was sealed, so it’s not clear why, Gazette.com reported.

3. The Club Promoted an ‘All Ages Musical Drag Brunch’ & Held Another Drag Show the Evening of the Mass Shooting; Club Q Called the Tragedy a ‘Hate Attack’​

Authorities have not released the gunman’s motive in the gay club attack. However, in a statement, the club referred to it as a “hate attack.”
On its Facebook page, Club Q wrote:
Club Q is devastated by the senseless attack on our community.
Our prays and thoughts are with all the victims and their families and friends.
We thank the quick reactions of heroic customers that subdued the gunman and ended this hate attack.
Authorities said they were still investigating whether the mass shooting was a hate crime.
The club was hosting a series of drag shows this weekend.
The night of the attack, the club hosted a drag show, according to its Facebook page. The drag show started at 9 p.m. on November 19, 2022.
Right around the time of the attack, Club Q was posting about an upcoming drag show.
“Let’s prep for a fantastic Sunday Funday!” the club wrote on its Facebook page.
“Doors open at 11am for our noon ALL AGES DRAG BRUNCH!!! Join us for a fantastic drink special and even more amazing drag show! Then stick around for an all stars cast of our freshest faces! We’re celebrating Transgender Day of Remembrance with a variety of gender identities and performance styles! Show starts at 8pm!”
According to Castro, authorities don’t know whether “minors were at the event.”

4. A Woman Who Rented a Spare Room to Aldrich’s Mom Described Him as ‘Aggressive’ & Says He Once Slammed a Door in Her Face​

FacebookLaura Voepel

Leslie Bowman told the New York Times that the 2021 standoff with Anderson occurred at her home because she was renting a spare room to his mother, also identified by the Times as Laura Voepel.
“His mom had called me and said, ‘Don’t come home right now, there are some people looking for Andy,’” Bowman told the newspaper, which reported that “Andy” is Aldrich’s nickname.
Voepel moved out two days later, and Bowman never heard from her again but she told The Times that police visited about a month ago seeking to check Voepel’s welfare.

She told the Times that Aldrich was living in a house with his grandparents but would visit his mother to watch movies with her. (This appears to be a reference to Voepel’s mother and her new husband, not to Randy Voepel.)
Bowman told the Times Aldrich had an “aggressive side,” and once slammed a door in her face when his mother complained about repairs.
“Why is he not in jail, after that happening?” Bowman told The Times. “After that initial day, police never reached out to me for additional information. I’m a Second Amendment supporter, don’t get me wrong. But for him to be out there, and have access to weapons after that incident, I don’t understand it.”
Video captured a massive law enforcement response to the scene of the Club Q attack.
huge emergency response near Club Q in Colorado Springs. counted at least six ambulances pic.twitter.com/lOUwKsVhcO
— daisy (@daiziezie) November 20, 2022
The governor, Jared Polis, released a statement on Facebook:
The Club Q shooting in Colorado Springs was horrific, sickening, and devastating news to wake up to. My heart breaks for the family and friends of those lost, injured, and traumatized in this horrific shooting. I have spoken with Mayor Suthers and clarified that every state resource is available to local law enforcement in Colorado Springs. We are eternally grateful for the brave individuals who blocked the gunman, likely saving lives in the process, and for the first responders who responded swiftly to this horrific shooting. Colorado stands with our LGTBQ Community and everyone impacted by this tragedy as we mourn.
Authorities would not say whether Aldrich said anything during the shooting.

5. A Witness Wrote That Anderson Aldrich ‘Entered Club Q With a Rifle & Began Shooting People’​

To all the victims at #ClubQ last night I am sorry our Country refuses to do better, & last night you had to join a growing list. My condolences to the families of the 5 that passed & their friends. May they Rest in Peace. 🕊️💔🏳️‍🌈To the 18 I pray for your full recovery. 🙏🏼
— Ken Preston (@unKleBING) November 20, 2022
A man named Tanner Pettit wrote on Facebook that he escaped the mass shooting.
Last night, I had to experience something I never thought I would ever have to experience, and I hope that no one I know ever does. I just moved to Colorado Springs about a week ago, and decided to go to one of the popular LGBTQ+ clubs, Club Q, in the area to watch a drag show, make friends, and have fun.
Near the end of the night, I was waiting for my Uber back home, a man by the name of Anderson Aldrich entered Club Q with a rife and began shooting people. 5 people were shot and killed. At least 18 are reported injured. I was lucky to be able to get out of the club and to safety. Many others were not lucky.
I’m not going to turn this into an argument on gun control, on LGBTQ+ rights, on the role of police officers. Last night I was witness to a disgusting and terrifying tragedy and my heart goes out to the beautiful people I was able to meet that night. My thoughts are with the families of the victims, and I hope that the person behind this disgusting and inhumane act is brought to justice.
On social media, people expressed heartbreak over the shooting. “Heartbroken for my people of the springs lgbtq community,” wrote one man. “I would drive by Club Q every day on my way to work at Brewer’s Republic.”
A woman wrote, “This is devastating. Club Q is a favorite for many friends here in the Springs. I’m not even sure how to process this, but I need to- before the names are released. God bless each and every person involved.”

Last edited:
"... the House Democratic Caucus mourns the countless Americans stolen away by the scourge of transphobic violence..." What? Who? Where are they? This is fucking insane!

Countless? Like less than the percentage across all of America. Oh, and trans people do most of the violence to other trans people.

Forum List

Back