Paul to file class action suit against NSA 'soon'

In case you Rand worshippers haven't heard, Larry Klayman is already out in front on this issue, as well as the ACLU. They have done all the heavy lifting. You know...actually filing suits and battling in court, not just bloviating about maybe one day soon doing so.

Rand is drafting. Coasting on others' hard work for personal gain.

So go ahead and send him your money. You deserve to have him take it.

But if you really do give a serious fuck about this, send your money to Klayman or the ACLU. They are the ones spending real money on it, and will have to spend more in the months to come.

Last edited:
Maybe Obama should get behind Rand and stand up for the people.

I wonder how many opinions would be different if a republican was in office, I have to wonder after the patriot act and all the other unpleasantness we got called terrorist sympathizers for opposing. On the other hand the left is almost uniformly opposed to all this spying bullshit in spite of a democrat in office.

I agree that some Republicans are hypocrites in this regard, but call bullshit on Democrats opposing Obama for the same things. Look no further than this message board for evidence of that.

It's because just opposing Obama is to miss the target, if anyone thinks that the party affiliation of the president, any president, makes a bit of difference to the way our spy apparatus operates then they are horribly mistaken. This shit goes a quantum leap beyond partisan politics and is not going to go away no matter who sits in that chair because the horrible truth is that the president is powerless to alter it.

I wonder how many opinions would be different if a republican was in office, I have to wonder after the patriot act and all the other unpleasantness we got called terrorist sympathizers for opposing. On the other hand the left is almost uniformly opposed to all this spying bullshit in spite of a democrat in office.

I agree that some Republicans are hypocrites in this regard, but call bullshit on Democrats opposing Obama for the same things. Look no further than this message board for evidence of that.

It's because just opposing Obama is to miss the target, if anyone thinks that the party affiliation of the president, any president, makes a bit of difference to the way our spy apparatus operates then they are horribly mistaken. This shit goes a quantum leap beyond partisan politics and is not going to go away no matter who sits in that chair because the horrible truth is that the president is powerless to alter it.

Nice cop out but no....the president could stop it.

And this is why we love Rand Paul.

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) will file a class-action lawsuit against the National Security Agency “soon,” his office confirmed to The Hill.

Paul had been gearing up for months to lead a suit against the agency, charging that the surveillance program gathering metadata on U.S. citizens has violated people's Fourth Amendment rights.

He will file the papers in the D.C. District Court as a private citizen. His office did not give the specific timeline for when the senator would file the suit.

Paul to file class action suit against NSA 'soon' | TheHill

Pure demagoguery. He waited until the matter is already headed to the Supreme Court. His "class action suit" would be entirely superfluous and would decide no new question that isn't already headed to the Supreme Court.

But... it's a great fundraising vehicle!

The solicitation, which asks for individuals’ names, email addresses and zip codes, also asks for a donation to help “stop Big Brother from infringing on our Fourth Amendment freedoms.”

This is one thing I think he really believes in.

And I don't care for Rand Paul. But this is in his DNA.

Pure demagoguery. He waited until the matter is already headed to the Supreme Court. His "class action suit" would be entirely superfluous and would decide no new question that isn't already headed to the Supreme Court.

The solicitation, which asks for individuals’ names, email addresses and zip codes, also asks for a donation to help “stop Big Brother from infringing on our Fourth Amendment freedoms.”

This is one thing I think he really believes in.

And I don't care for Rand Paul. But this is in his DNA.

I think him and wyden should join up on this.

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) will file a class-action lawsuit against the National Security Agency “soon,” his office confirmed to The Hill.

Paul had been gearing up for months to lead a suit against the agency, charging that the surveillance program gathering metadata on U.S. citizens has violated people's Fourth Amendment rights.

He will file the papers in the D.C. District Court as a private citizen. His office did not give the specific timeline for when the senator would file the suit.

Paul to file class action suit against NSA 'soon' | TheHill

Exactly.

One would almost think he's running for prez next time around.

He needs to buy a new wig.

There are about to be tons of these which the government will answer with a big FU. The judge will throw out the illegally obtained Snowden leaks and presto! No case, see ya later sucker.

Tell us again what the vote for the renewal of the PA was?

That's what I thought.

Sent from my ADR8995 using Tapatalk 2

There are about to be tons of these which the government will answer with a big FU. The judge will throw out the illegally obtained Snowden leaks and presto! No case, see ya later sucker.

You have a great point. Had this been under Bush you prolly would be full retard crazy to end the NSA and demand the President be charged with treason... You and about 96% of the Democrat party... But as you pointed out, a Dem is in office.

Apparently not since O has expanded the NSA spying program but yet now you are relegated to say that the president can't control this.

In case you Rand worshippers haven't heard, Larry Klayman is already out in front on this issue, as well as the ACLU. They have done all the heavy lifting. You know...actually filing suits and battling in court, not just bloviating about maybe one day soon doing so.

Rand is drafting. Coasting on others' hard work for personal gain.

So go ahead and send him your money. You deserve to have him take it.

But if you really do give a serious fuck about this, send your money to Klayman or the ACLU. They are the ones spending real money on it, and will have to spend more in the months to come.

How about you don't tell me what I do and don't care about and how I should donate my money.

Have you donated to these people yet, or do you just not care enough?

Sometimes it's not who starts something but who uses what influence they have to make an issue that floats under the radar "popular" among average folk.

You're logic is mentally retarded btw.

Exactly.

One would almost think he's running for prez next time around.

He needs to buy a new wig.

Don't like the way he looks? Couldn't vote for someone not black or female enough for you going into 2016?

No one would be shocked by what you base voting for or not voting for someone on.

Paul didn't obtain the leaks illegally, so why would a judge throw them out? Only evidence obtained that violates the 5th amendment can be thrown out.

You don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.

Forum List

Back