Paul supporters, what are you going to do....

The libs won't get many from the left since the Libs pretty much worship large corporations. And have a goal of turning them loose on us with vertually no restrictions.

That's actually kind of funny in it's backasswardness. Liberals frequently confuse the libertarian distaste for regulation with a pro-corporate stance. But Ron Paul is far more anti-corporate than Obama.

I really like 30% of what Paul says and abhor about 70% of what he says.

I think his idea to do away with the FED is just goofy (and disastrous) and I don't support his stance on abortion or healthcare.

Which would be indicative of his lack of understanding of the Constitution.

I agree only with Paul on foreign military policy issues – bring the whole lot home.

As a black man, I am interested in his thoughts on segrated businesses. This is fucking 2011, not 1967.

I’m sure Dr. Paul, like his son in the Senate, never heard of the case of Heart of Atlanta Motel Inc. v. United States (1964), where the Court upheld as Constitutional the Civil Rights Act of 1964, one of whose provisions forbids private business from refusing to serve or accommodate potential customers based on race or other factors.

Needless to say, of course, Libertarian dogma maintains that a private business owner should be able to accommodate whomever he wants, or not, even if it’s based on racist motives. This Libertarian position is clearly un-Constitutional.

We got a rare glimpse into the world of Libertarian dogma about a year ago, as you may recall, when Rand Paul exhibited his ignorance on the issue, arguing that business owners should be allowed to, in essence, discriminate.

I think if Ron Paul wins the N.H. primary than it will be a game changer. The reason is that the media would not be able to downplay Ron Paul, and will recognize him as a first tier candidate and he will begin to get the same amount of media coverage as the others.

Where would Ron Paul be right now if the media would've given his campaign the same positive spin and coverage as it gives to the others? Michelle Bachman is the media's darling at the moment, but was only able to win the Ame's straw poll by 152 votes. Pretty close 2nd by someone who is always dismissed or demonized by mainstream media.

If Ron Paul should finally get the media attention he deserves the G.O.P. would have to re-evaluate it's views on Paul. Just my opinion for what it's worth.

I think if Ron Paul wins the N.H. primary than it will be a game changer. The reason is that the media would not be able to downplay Ron Paul, and will recognize him as a first tier candidate and he will begin to get the same amount of media coverage as the others.

Where would Ron Paul be right now if the media would've given his campaign the same positive spin and coverage as it gives to the others? Michelle Bachman is the media's darling at the moment, but was only able to win the Ame's straw poll by 152 votes. Pretty close 2nd by someone who is always dismissed or demonized by mainstream media.

If Ron Paul should finally get the media attention he deserves the G.O.P. would have to re-evaluate it's views on Paul. Just my opinion for what it's worth.

I wouldn't call Bachmann the "media darling".

She won Iowa because she bused in more supporters.

I respect Ron for sticking with his values, such as they are.
His son however is just a political hack and deserves no respect other than being a living human being.

I’m sorry, but you guys are just plain delusional. But have fun with it.

Yes I agree with that, but you would have to agree that you see her way more than Paul being covered by the media.

The same goes for Rick Perry. Media is already saying that he is the man to beat though there is no reason yet to say so.

If Ron Paul could get the same media coverage than I think he would be unstoppable.

Yes I agree with that, but you would have to agree that you see her way more than Paul being covered by the media.

The same goes for Rick Perry. Media is already saying that he is the man to beat though there is no reason yet to say so.

If Ron Paul could get the same media coverage than I think he would be unstoppable.

Part of Paul's problem is that this is his third time at the rodeo. Previous losers of political matches are not viewed very favorably.

Part of Paul's problem is that this is his third time at the rodeo. Previous losers of political matches are not viewed very favorably.

I suppose there's some truth to that. But given that McCain lost, and Paul's predictions about Obama (that he would be as pro-corporate and pro-war as Bush) and economy turned out to be so accurate, I'd have to say it will help more than hurt in this case.

If Paul looks like he has a shot, big money will shoot him down behind the scenes.

so much money is at stake that they might even off him.

when the GOP tosses your boy under the bus again? Because you, me, and everybody else knows it's going to happen. There is simply no way in hell that an isolationist who wants to dismantle the FED is ever going to be given the keys to the GOP kingdom. We all know it.

My question is, as this is Paul's last hurrah, why do you guys even try to find a home in the GOP? Why not just run as a Libertarian. In this election cycle, that might actually work, as people are pissed at both parties. Even if not the case, why keep doing the same thing and expecting different results? From what I can tell of the Paul supporters, they aren't exactly in the bag for the GOP machine either. I mean, they stole your Tea Party idea. No you would think that Michelle Bachman came up with the idea.

Frankly, I just don't get it. Perhaps you can enlighten me.

Congrats on the second place finish behind Bachmann in Iowa. I do respect the groundswell that Paul carries with him.

However, we all know where this is heading.

If this were to happen again then I'll take a look at the third party candidates. If the LP pulls another Bob Barr out of the hat I won't be voting for that ticket, and I'll have to see if I like anything about the Constitution Party candidate and go from there. If I don't like anybody then I won't vote for anybody for President.

Why not run as a Libertarian? Because the Democrats and Republicans make it impossible for a third party candidate to win. Why continue on in the Republican Party? Look at how much more respect our ideas have from four years. From the other candidates openly laughing at Ron Paul on the stage to rushing to sound like him. Maybe we won't win it this time either, but imagine what it could be in another four years? We achieved quite a bit in moving the Republican Party our way.

In four more years maybe we'll see another Paul run. Rand is a better politician than Ron for sure, and would easily unite a wider Republican base than Ron does. Who knows what will happen? I think continuing to do what we've been doing is the best way forward, however.

when the GOP tosses your boy under the bus again? Because you, me, and everybody else knows it's going to happen. There is simply no way in hell that an isolationist who wants to dismantle the FED is ever going to be given the keys to the GOP kingdom. We all know it.

My question is, as this is Paul's last hurrah, why do you guys even try to find a home in the GOP? Why not just run as a Libertarian. In this election cycle, that might actually work, as people are pissed at both parties. Even if not the case, why keep doing the same thing and expecting different results? From what I can tell of the Paul supporters, they aren't exactly in the bag for the GOP machine either. I mean, they stole your Tea Party idea. No you would think that Michelle Bachman came up with the idea.

I think our best hope is the Libertarian angle. That won't produce a presidential victory, but it just might just give the party some sustainable momentum, and position it as an attractive alternative for disaffected voters from both the left and the right.

You think there is any chance the LP will run him anyways? I was surprised they didn't nominate him anyway in '08, but I don't know how the party works.

The Libertarian Party is more interested in becoming "mainstream" than it is about genuine libertarianism. Ron Paul is probably too extreme for them, but he won't run third party again. He knows there's no point.

I think our best hope is the Libertarian angle. That won't produce a presidential victory, but it just might just give the party some sustainable momentum, and position it as an attractive alternative for disaffected voters from both the left and the right.

You think there is any chance the LP will run him anyways? I was surprised they didn't nominate him anyway in '08, but I don't know how the party works.

The Libertarian Party is more interested in becoming "mainstream" than it is about genuine libertarianism. Ron Paul is probably too extreme for them, but he won't run third party again. He knows there's no point.

Interesting to hear you say that. What is the point in the LP becoming more mainstream? I mean, if they want to be GOP Lite, then why not just fold the tent and join the GOP?

And where does that leave Paul and his supporters? I just don't see them taking over the GOP.

Like Reagan… Who won his third time around.

Frankly, I just don't get it. Perhaps you can enlighten me.

Congrats on the second place finish behind Bachmann in Iowa. I do respect the groundswell that Paul carries with him.

However, we all know where this is heading.

If this were to happen again then I'll take a look at the third party candidates. If the LP pulls another Bob Barr out of the hat I won't be voting for that ticket, and I'll have to see if I like anything about the Constitution Party candidate and go from there. If I don't like anybody then I won't vote for anybody for President.

Why not run as a Libertarian? Because the Democrats and Republicans make it impossible for a third party candidate to win. Why continue on in the Republican Party? Look at how much more respect our ideas have from four years. From the other candidates openly laughing at Ron Paul on the stage to rushing to sound like him. Maybe we won't win it this time either, but imagine what it could be in another four years? We achieved quite a bit in moving the Republican Party our way.

In four more years maybe we'll see another Paul run. Rand is a better politician than Ron for sure, and would easily unite a wider Republican base than Ron does. Who knows what will happen? I think continuing to do what we've been doing is the best way forward, however.

Good post. Thanks.

The only point of contention: I don't think the GOP/DNC keep the third parties down. I think it's a biproduct of our winner takes all election system. Look at a parliamentary system, that encourages power sharing versus ours.

Like Reagan… Who won his third time around.

Reagan won his second time. After Ford had barely beaten him.

Forum List

Back