Paul Ryan Mocks Senior Citizen Handcuffed At His Town Hall

I don't make generalization like that actually. I'm sure there are MANY liberal protestors who are local concerned citizens. I'm also quite sure that many of the protestors that you are seeing in places like Wisconsin are paid liberal activists that have been imported from other parts of the country to fight tooth and nail against the conservative administrations that were put in place by the voters of that state. Lauren Valle is a prime example of what's going on right now. She isn't FROM Kentucky, yet she was there working for MoveOn.org trying to sabotage Rand Paul's campaign.
She isn't from Kentucky and therefore according to CON$titutional CON$ervatives has no CON$titutional right to free speech and therefore deserves to be assaulted for exercising her right to show Punk Paul her sign!!! :asshole:
These damn outside agitators, where in the hell do they think they live? The way they act you'd think they lived in a free country like the USA! This is Paul country, no American citizen dare speak up.

What's sad, Ed...is that political "theater" like this is now a strategy of the Left. Groups like MoveOn.Org HIRE professional activists like Valle not to educate on the issues...no, what activists like Valle are looking for is negative media coverage for conservatives because of staged confrontations like in Kentucky with Rand Paul and in Wisconsin with Paul Ryan.

And if you want to see a clear cut example of mainstream media bias check out how the different outlets chose to edit the tape of that Rand Paul incident. The majority of the ones I saw only showed the part of the tape where Valle is being wrestled to the ground, totally cutting out the first part where she rushes the SUV. Now "why" would that be? If you viewed just what the main stream media put out you'd think a poor sign carrying liberal had been picked on by Rand goons. THAT was exactly what Valle and MoveOn.Org was looking for when she went there and that was EXACTLY what the mainstream media gave them.

Please, let's not pretend that right-wing groups, like Americans for Prosperity, aren't also sending activists to Democratic townhalls and events. This happens on both sides, and is nothing new. Short of being afraid for their lives, there is no reason for a Rep or Sen to avoid open townhall events.

Yep, it was overlooked. I assumed that it was BS. SInce you pointed it out again, I decide to take a look. I figures it would be a semi-true event that the right is trying to blow out of proportion. Instead what I found was an obviously fake story (meant to be humorous) about Biden violently attacking an elderly lady and having to be pulled off of her. I'm going to pretend that you only looked at the title, and didn't read the story. I have to believe that in order to still have some faith in humanity. If you actually read it and believed it, then all is lost. There are some great lines in the piece though.

MADISON, WISCONSIN - Secret Service agents forcibly removed Vice President Joe Biden from a Democratic fund raiser in Madison yesterday after he brutally assaulted an elderly woman. When Margaret Millhouse told the Vice President that she thought his administration was spending too much money, Biden leaned into the woman, prodded her with his finger and began cursing her. When the woman tried to wrestle away from him, the Vice President grabbed her by the throat and punched her in the stomach. He then grabbed her head with both of his hands and gave her a bone crunching head-butt, sending the fragile octogenarian flailing backwards where she toppled over a banister and dropped down a stairwell. Biden’s assault on the 81 year old heart patient came just twenty four hours after he called a store manager a “smart-ass.”

:lol:

:lol: :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol:

:lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Ryan's a douche? Now why is that?

Probably because he's a disingenuous douche. He's notable for his lack of intellectual honesty and consistency, most because he's not a wonk, he's just a hyperpartisan. His policy preferences shift rapidly with the political winds.

Some of his politcking is trivial. He specifically the word "vouchers" to describe his repeal-and-replace of Medicare right up until the middle of last year when he scrubbed the word from his website. This year he started whining about how folks were describing his "premium support" (he's using the term incorrectly there) plan as vouchers.

Some of his policy reversals are serious. Two years ago he supported state-based health insurance exchanges, refundable and advanceable tax credits to help people buy insurance in the individual market, and the creation of federal bodies that "support research, demonstration projects, evaluations, training, guideline development, and the dissemination of information" on all manner of health issues. The tort reform language in the ACA was lifted directly from Ryan's own reform bill. Yet he became a stalwart (and unremitting) opponent of reform just a few months later when his ideas were incorporated into legislation by the other party.

And some of his rapid shifts are just a sign of the times. He abandoned more moderate versions of his Medicare proposal on which he had collaborated with Democrats to tack hard right this year and eliminate any semblance of bipartisanship. His "daring" proposal is nothing but a pander to the ascending Tea Party wing of his party, not an attempt to develop good policy that could actually be passed. Its goal wasn't to reform entitlements, it was to make Ryan a hero among the rightwing nutjobs in his party. Mission accomplished.

Granted, many on the right do find him to be impressive. In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Ryan's a douche? Now why is that?

Probably because he's a disingenuous douche. He's notable for his lack of intellectual honesty and consistency, most because he's not a wonk, he's just a hyperpartisan. His policy preferences shift rapidly with the political winds.

Some of his politcking is trivial. He specifically the word "vouchers" to describe his repeal-and-replace of Medicare right up until the middle of last year when he scrubbed the word from his website. This year he started whining about how folks were describing his "premium support" (he's using the term incorrectly there) plan as vouchers.

Some of his policy reversals are serious. Two years ago he supported state-based health insurance exchanges, refundable and advanceable tax credits to help people buy insurance in the individual market, and the creation of federal bodies that "support research, demonstration projects, evaluations, training, guideline development, and the dissemination of information" on all manner of health issues. The tort reform language in the ACA was lifted directly from Ryan's own reform bill. Yet he became a stalwart (and unremitting) opponent of reform just a few months later when his ideas were incorporated into legislation by the other party.

And some of his rapid shifts are just a sign of the times. He abandoned more moderate versions of his Medicare proposal on which he had collaborated with Democrats to tack hard right this year and eliminate any semblance of bipartisanship. His "daring" proposal is nothing but a pander to the ascending Tea Party wing of his party, not an attempt to develop good policy that could actually be passed. Its goal wasn't to reform entitlements, it was to make Ryan a hero among the rightwing nutjobs in his party. Mission accomplished.

Granted, many on the right do find him to be impressive. In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

You have got to be kidding me. Paul Ryan is notable for his lack of intellectual honesty? You really said that? Paul Ryan's one of the few politicians in Washington that ISN'T blowing smoke up our asses. Compared to "him" Barack Obama is a snake oil salesman in a traveling show. Paul Ryan is TOTALLY a fiscal wonk. And his plans to reform entitlements aren't "hyper-partisan" they are common sense approaches to a problem that nobody on the liberal side of the equation has made a peep about. What was "hyper-partisan" were the attacks on Ryan by Democrats who accused him of wanting to get rid of Medicare. Paul Ryan was THE ONLY POLITICIAN IN WASHINGTON WITH ENOUGH GUTS TO ADDRESS THE ISSUE. You may not agree with his solutions but YOUR GUYS not only didn't address entitlement reform...they couldn't even pass a freakin' budget.

You have got to be kidding me. Paul Ryan is notable for his lack of intellectual honesty?

Yes. If it will give him a partisan advantage, he'll flip flop on virtually any policy issue. From little things, like scrubbing all use of the word "vouchers" to describe his Medicare scheme from his website and then attacking opponents for using that language, to attacking the pieces of his own health reform legislation months after introducing it simply because Democrats had endorsed them. He's a partisan hack and if he's ever acted in a good faith, I haven't seen it.

He is indeed little more than a charlatan. He's able to dazzle many of the right because, as I said, in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Paul Ryan's one of the few politicians in Washington that ISN'T blowing smoke up our asses.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but he's one of the more accomplished smoke-blowers in Washington. If you're ever in a room with him, ask him how the last attempt to "save" money by shifting it onto the backs of seniors worked out when his party tried it in 1997 and what that suggests about his current plan (more spending than at present or less?). Or even what JCT would find if they were allowed to analyze the tax provisions of his budget.

Paul Ryan was THE ONLY POLITICIAN IN WASHINGTON WITH ENOUGH GUTS TO ADDRESS THE ISSUE. You may not agree with his solutions but YOUR GUYS not only didn't address entitlement reform...they couldn't even pass a freakin' budget.

That's a cute myth. Medicare has been the subject of major payment and delivery system reforms in two separate pieces of legislation passed in the last two years. And lo and behold, spending has slowed in the last 18 months.

Last edited:
You have got to be kidding me. Paul Ryan is notable for his lack of intellectual honesty?

Yes. If it will give him a partisan advantage, he'll flip flop on virtually any policy issue. From little things, like scrubbing all use of the word "vouchers" to describe his Medicare scheme from his website and then attacking opponents for using that language, to attacking the pieces of his own health reform legislation months after introducing it simply because Democrats had endorsed them. He's a partisan hack and if he's ever acted in a good faith, I haven't seen it.

He is indeed little more than a charlatan. He's able to dazzle many of the right because, as I said, in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Paul Ryan's one of the few politicians in Washington that ISN'T blowing smoke up our asses.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but he's one of the more accomplished smoke-blowers in Washington. If you're ever in a room with him, ask him how the last attempt to "save" money by shifting it onto the backs of seniors worked out when his party tried it in 1997 and what that suggests about his current plan (more spending than at present or less?). Or even what JCT would find if they were allowed to analyze the tax provisions of his budget.

Paul Ryan was THE ONLY POLITICIAN IN WASHINGTON WITH ENOUGH GUTS TO ADDRESS THE ISSUE. You may not agree with his solutions but YOUR GUYS not only didn't address entitlement reform...they couldn't even pass a freakin' budget.

That's a cute myth. Medicare has been the subject of major payment and delivery system reforms in two separate pieces of legislation passed in the last two years. And lo and behold, spending has slowed in the last 18 months.

Actually Greenbeard ought to be noted for his intellectual dishonesty (presuming he has an intellect to be dishonest with). First he links to his own post on this forum as proof. Second he characterizes the situation as "spending has slowed." That is dishonest. More than that, it is a lie. Spending has not slowed, even according to his own link. THe rate of increase has slowed, which is not the same thing outside the Beltway. Second, even his link does not profess to know why this has happened yet he confidently assures us that it is the result of two separate pieces of legislation.

He deserved to be mocked. He was rude and disruptive, and security did their jobs.
Agreed, but let's remember this cuts both ways. I fully support the First Amendment, but disrupting others crosses the line. He should have taken it outside.

Same goes for the jerkoffs who disrupt other speakers regardless of political affiliation.

I believe I posted a similar sentiment earlier in the thread :)

Just reaffirming the sentiment.
usmc3.gif

When partisanship reaches the point that people think they have a right to disrupt others, then it has gone to far. A lesser problem is the exaggeration to the point of complete distortion on the outcome of such events. False accusations of "mocking", "tossing to the ground" and other comments which are clearly false in video evidence show a level of emotion which is compelling people to lie. It is not good for our nation or society to believe lying is okay.

Forum List

Back