Paul Krugman points out the elephant in the room

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
he's just saying what many already know:

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/08/01/chaos-looms/?_r=1&
(snip)
Over the longer run the point is that one of America’s two major political parties has basically gone off the deep end; policy content aside, a sane party doesn’t hold dozens of votes declaring its intention to repeal a law that everyone knows will stay on the books regardless. And since that party continues to hold substantial blocking power, we are looking at a country that’s increasingly ungovernable.

The trouble is that it’s hard to give this issue anything like the amount of coverage it deserves on substantive grounds without repeating oneself. So I do try to mix it up. But neither you nor I should forget that the madness of the GOP is the central issue of our time.

They'd rather sink the country than work together for the betterment of this great nation. Sad that :(

Last edited:
The "official" class system has begun. You will do as the elite intellectual government types tell, you, the ignorant masses to do. If you will not do it willingly, you will be enticed or as a last resort, forced. Welcome to the midnight hour on fun island when all the partying people start turning into jackasses to be forced into slavery.....

The "official" class system has begun. You will do as the elite intellectual government types tell, you, the ignorant masses to do. If you will not do it willingly, you will be enticed or as a last resort, forced. Welcome to the midnight hour on fun island when all the partying people start turning into jackasses to be forced into slavery.....

Because "elite" and "intellectual" people are so fucking stupid. We need smart right wingers to run the country. They did so well under Bush. Now there was an intellectual. The brightest of the GOP "bright".

The GOP wants to take the government away from Ph.D.'s and J.D.'s and give it over to MBA's.

I think the Bush Administration showed how well that worked out.

The GOP wants to take the government away from Ph.D.'s and J.D.'s and give it over to MBA's.

Only they know the proper way to redistribute the wealth of the nation to the top 1%.

Some animals are more equal than others

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Paul Krugman....will he ever stop being a partisan pundit for dumbies and go back to working on his forte of trade theory in economics? probably not. But one could always hope.Actually, he's so fuckin' dumb I'd like for him to shut up permanently.

yep. lets hand the keys to the kingdom to the Fabrice Tourre's of :up: wall street again. :rolleyes: Maybe we'll get more trickle down this time :doubt: At least w/ a J.D. you have to pass a minimum competency test AFTER graduating. MBA's on the other hand are given a diploma and head off to Wall St w/ a sledgehammer to go at the cornerstones of the middle-class w/ abandon in order to funnel wealth upwards at all costs.

Last edited:
Krugman should know about elephants, I think one is sitting on his Sociallist-Communist brain...

No wonder the dots admires him so

yawn yawn yawn

Last edited:
Stephie!!! You know I had to drop the hammer on you right? :(

Stephanie
This message is hidden because Stephanie is on your ignore list.

if you stop posting like a rw Honey boo boo :eusa_naughty: I might take you off ignore.

he's just saying what many already know:

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/08/01/chaos-looms/?_r=1&
(snip)
Over the longer run the point is that one of America’s two major political parties has basically gone off the deep end; policy content aside, a sane party doesn’t hold dozens of votes declaring its intention to repeal a law that everyone knows will stay on the books regardless. And since that party continues to hold substantial blocking power, we are looking at a country that’s increasingly ungovernable.

The trouble is that it’s hard to give this issue anything like the amount of coverage it deserves on substantive grounds without repeating oneself. So I do try to mix it up. But neither you nor I should forget that the madness of the GOP is the central issue of our time.

They'd rather sink the country than work together for the betterment of this great nation. Sad that :(

Paul Krugman is a Democrat shill masquerading as a journalist/economist. He deserved his Nobel Prize about as much as Obama deserved his. He conveniently forgets that the Democrats were in complete control of the country for two years and made a mess of it. The madness of the GOP is the central issue of our time? Is he now trying to be a comedian? What is sad is that his devotees take his drivel seriously.

The bill to repeal the healthcare law in the House (HR 2) Reads: Repealing the Job-Killing Health Care Law. Even the GOP house members aren't taking their bill seriously.

The bill to repeal the healthcare law in the House (HR 2) Reads: Repealing the Job-Killing Health Care Law. Even the GOP house members aren't taking their bill seriously.

job killing? or you mean JOBS that TAXPAYER will now have to pay for that is killing more and more of their hard worked for earnings ?

but you don't care about that, do you

job killing? or you mean JOBS that TAXPAYER will now have to pay for that is killing more and more of their hard worked for earnings ?

It's difficult to care about anything you write. My "stupid to English" translator was broken with "congress stopped him from declaring war on Pakistan".

My point is that the House named the bill "Repealing the Job-Killing Health Care Law", which is a political statement, certainly not a fit name for a law. The bill does not address what is to be done about all changes that have been made, thus they leave it up to the administration to make all decisions. It turns the clock back to 2008 and would immediately create crisis because there is no time table. In short, this is nothing but a political statement that no one not even the people that wrote it took seriously.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back