Paterson Talk Radio

Intense

Aug 2, 2009
Born David Alexander Paterson on May 20th, 1954, in Brooklyn, New York, to labor law attorney Basil Paterson and homemaker, Portia Paterson. Paterson's family is steeped in political history—Basil was the first African-American Secretary of State in New York and the first African-American Vice-Chair of the National Democratic Party. His paternal grandmother also worked for a brief time in the political arena: She was a secretary to civil rights activist, Marcus Garvey.

Shortly after birth, David contracted a serious ear infection that spread to his optic nerve. The resulting damage left the newborn with no sight in his left eye and limited vision in his right. His loss of sight became an impediment to his early education in the New York City public school system, which insisted Paterson needed to be placed in special classes. "People are fond of saying of people with disabilities that they are just like everybody else," Paterson told the Associated Press in 2002. "But that's just something to say to make them feel better. When you have a disability you are not like everyone else. You are uniquely defined by a lack of vision."

David A. Paterson became New York's 55th governor on March 17, 2008. Governor Paterson left behind a legacy in Albany of sound fiscal management and a strong focus on job creation while protecting the state’s most vulnerable during one of the most difficult economic periods in our nation’s history. In total, the Paterson administration shaved $42 billion from the state deficit and was responsible for the creation of over 10,000 new jobs and the retention of more than 19,000 jobs in New York State.

Governor Paterson is nationally recognized as a leading advocate for the visually and physically impaired. He is a member of the National Federation of the Blind and he serves on the Board of the Achilles Track Club. Governor Paterson earned his bachelor's degree in History from Columbia University in 1977, and completed his J.D. at Hofstra Law School in 1982 and is currently a Visiting Professor at New York University.
Governor David Paterson - About - WOR News Talk Radio 710 HD

Governor David Paterson - WOR News Talk Radio 710 HD

He's been on Air a while now. In Truth there are too few good Liberal Talk Radio Hosts, and He is at the top of the food chain. I find Patterson very good and thought to pass it on to Anyone here interested in listening to Him. It's a quality show. He is worthy of support.

WOR AM NYC, 4-6PM M-F.

Last edited:
WOR has a big foot as they say in broadcasting. If Petterson can't make it in WOR he can't make it anywhere. It's interesting that Rush Limbaugh is legally deaf and Patterson is legally blind. Rush gets by with a high tech ear implant. I don't know about Petterson.

WOR has a big foot as they say in broadcasting. If Petterson can't make it in WOR he can't make it anywhere. It's interesting that Rush Limbaugh is legally deaf and Patterson is legally blind. Rush gets by with a high tech ear implant. I don't know about Petterson.

Patterson got by as Governor by memorizing each of his speeches, word for word.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afrL3RAw_jA&feature=related]CNN's Paterson-Spitzer - SNL - YouTube[/ame]
CNN's Paterson-Spitzer - SNL

His tenure as governor didn't even please his own party. He decided to quit politics rather than face a humiliating defeat in a primary. I doubt if you can memorize a whole radio show. So far WOR is still driven by greedy capitalists rather than taxpayer funds. If Patterson can hang in there I give him credit.

His tenure as governor didn't even please his own party. He decided to quit politics rather than face a humiliating defeat in a primary. I doubt if you can memorize a whole radio show. So far WOR is still driven by greedy capitalists rather than taxpayer funds. If Patterson can hang in there I give him credit.

Patterson was fairly ineffective as governor. He took over for Spitzer, and somehow managed to become less popular than the world's most famous john by the end of his term.

Nevertheless, he's still quite an admirable man.

Ha! Greedy Capitalists? As opposed to NPR, right? :lol: Good one. ;)
Check him out, let me know what you think. He does get some interesting guests.

The Governor David Paterson Show- Oct 11th, 2011- hr 1
Governor David Paterson talks with Dr. Harvey Kushner (terrorism expert), Steve Adubato (Emmy award-winning WNET and NJTV host and author of "You are the Brand"), and Tom DiNapoli (New York State Comptroller).

The Governor David Paterson Show- Oct 11th, 2011- Hr 1 - WOR News Talk Radio 710 HD

Featured Interviews

Governor David Paterson - Featured Interviews - WOR News Talk Radio 710 HD

David A. Paterson became New York's 55th governor on March 17, 2008. Governor Paterson left behind a legacy in Albany of sound fiscal management and a strong focus on job creation while protecting the state. Now Governor Paterson has come to WOR710.

p://www.wor710.com/Governor-David-Paterson---Podcasts/10827194

Forum List

Back