Pastor Jack Hibbs prayer before Congress and at least 26 DEMOCRATS are outraged.

They defend freedom, why wouldn't they defend Christianity, the ultimate freedom?
Christianity is a fake religion and undermines people's ability to seek the one true God.

I can only hope my prayers reach you.

Since Jesus is Lord.
Jesus is a fairy tale.

I encourage to seek the truth that leads to the one true God. It is a difficult journey but well worth the destination.

I will pray you have the courage to undertake this journey.

Jesus is a fairy tale.

I encourage to seek the truth that leads to the one true God. It is a difficult journey but well worth the destination.

I will pray you have the courage to undertake this journey.

Who ya praying to Catscat?

Who ya praying to Catscat?
That can only be answered by you, it can't be given or it is useless.

It's the journey that is part of the search for truth. It isn't given to you in a man written book, it is within you.

If you cast aside your false deity and seek the one true God, I am sure you will find the truth...but be warned, the journey can be spiritually taxing...but in the end it is bliss.

I will pray for you.

That can only be answered by you, it can't be given or it is useless.

It's the journey that is part of the search for truth. It isn't given to you in a man written book, it is within you.

If you cast aside your false deity and seek the one true God, I am sure you will find the truth...but be warned, the journey can be spiritually taxing...but in the end it is bliss.

I will pray for you.

I asked who you are, Catscat

Save your word salad, fckn clown

He said the government had to "approve" his prayer. They instructed him that he couldn't say FATHER or JESUS CHRIST. He asked God to forgive him when he had sent a prayer for the government to "approve."

He changed his mind and he said this prayer instead. Good for him and may the LORD BLESS HIM. IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER, SON AND HOLY SPIRIT. AMEN 🙏 🙏 🙏!!!

26 lawmakers, led by U.S. Rep. Jared Huffman of California, sent a letter to Johnson and the House Chaplain’s Office expressing outrage that Jack Hibbs, pastor of Calvary Chapel Chino Hills in California, was allowed to deliver the House’s opening prayer on Jan. 30, in an appearance sponsored by Johnson, who is an evangelical Christian.

Always liked Hibbs.
When Commifornia was threatening to take away his tax exempt status he said they won’t take it. I’ll give it to them and keep preaching the truth.

He said the government had to "approve" his prayer. They instructed him that he couldn't say FATHER or JESUS CHRIST. He asked God to forgive him when he had sent a prayer for the government to "approve."

He changed his mind and he said this prayer instead. Good for him and may the LORD BLESS HIM. IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER, SON AND HOLY SPIRIT. AMEN 🙏 🙏 🙏!!!

26 lawmakers, led by U.S. Rep. Jared Huffman of California, sent a letter to Johnson and the House Chaplain’s Office expressing outrage that Jack Hibbs, pastor of Calvary Chapel Chino Hills in California, was allowed to deliver the House’s opening prayer on Jan. 30, in an appearance sponsored by Johnson, who is an evangelical Christian.

Fuck him and his non-existent Magical/Mystical/Mythical Sky Man.

Which God, Scatcat?

See post 49.

In short, the one true God reveals himself to those with fortitude to seek him; it isn't my place to interfere with your search as it would diminish the destination.

I don't need the prayers from some befuddled left loon moonbat that can't defend itself without word salad

Take a hike
Your need is irrelevant. Your ad hominem is irrelevant.

I still offer my prayers that you can muster up the courage to forsake your false god and seek the truth.

Strength be with you.

The OP is a lie. They did not object to the prayer. They objected to inviting a radical.
More than two dozen House Democrats in a letter to Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) and the Office of the Chaplain are demanding answers as to why the Speaker was permitted to sponsor a guest chaplain known for his anti-LGBTQ views and inflammatory rhetoric late last month.

Democrats in a letter sent Thursday to Johnson and House Chaplain Margaret Kibben denounced Johnson’s sponsorship of Jack Hibbs, a far-right preacher who has embraced the false claim that the 2020 election was stolen and once said the acceptance of LGBTQ people is evidence that humanity is living in “the last days.”

Hibbs, who has also been accused of making disparaging remarks against Muslims and Jewish people, was invited by Johnson to deliver the opening prayer that marks the beginning of each legislative day on Jan. 30.

Democrats in Thursday’s letter characterized Hibbs as a “radical Christian Nationalist who helped fuel the January 6th insurrection and has a long record of spewing hateful vitriol toward non-Christians, immigrants, and members of the LGBTQ community.”

“He should never have been granted the right to deliver the House’s opening prayer,” 26 House Democrats wrote in the letter, which was led by Reps. Jared Huffman (D-Calif.) and Mark Pocan (D-Wis.).

Hibbs should have been easily disqualified from being a guest chaplain, Democrats argued in Thursday’s letter, if not for his previous comments on LGBTQ people — including a claim that transgender people are part of a “sexually perverted cult” — than for the fact Hibbs, the founding pastor of a Southern California megachurch, is not from the district Johnson represents.

Guest chaplains must be from the sponsoring member’s district, according to guidelines set by the Office of the Chaplain. Johnson also did not deliver a welcoming speech, and Hibbs’s opening prayer was not given on the last legislative day of the week, in violation of the office’s rules concerning guest chaplains.

Hibbs’s prayer — in which he spoke of “holy fear” and “national sins” — also violated the Chaplain’s stated expectations for a prayer from a guest chaplain to be “mindful of diversity” and express “a common aspiration to a just and peaceful society,” Democrats wrote in the letter.

Forum List

Back