You think this would work out for me ??
What is the training and pay
I just only need part time as my career part of life is winding down

Any thoughts ??

Any thoughts ??
Not sure you are cut out for it. It usually involve interacting with customers, dock foremen, other employees, DOT, sometimes law enforcement, ect. From what you have posted on here, regarding dealing with employees, customers and the franchising company above you, it doesn't seem suited to your skill set or personal mindset. I do agree your career life may be winding down and wish you luck.

Truck drivers don't make squat; they're exempt from Federal overtime laws, so companies work them 110 hours a week for an average of around $5-$6 an hour when you honestly factor all the time they're on the job, and ignore the claims in their log books, those are jokes, paperless logs or no. Buy a hot dog cart and learn how to handle sports bets and run numbers.

Truck drivers don't make squat; they're exempt from Federal overtime laws, so companies work them 110 hours a week for an average of around $5-$6 an hour when you honestly factor all the time they're on the job, and ignore the claims in their log books, those are jokes, paperless logs or no. Buy a hot dog cart and learn how to handle sports bets and run numbers.

The “hot dog cart” industry has been whored out by wetbacks as well.

Truck drivers who make the big bucks work a ton of hours.
The only part time I know of is minimum wage school buss drivers. .... :cool:
I used some, usually retired from the company and they only worked part of the year, so as not to lose part of their social security, as they were well paid, and they were by far the least problematic of our driver force.

Around here the biker gangs run the food trucks; they also run the bookmaking the drivers handle as well.

Around here the biker gangs run the food trucks; they also run the bookmaking the drivers handle as well.
Gotcha....I’m in Southern California, almost everything has been beanerized here.

Truck drivers who make the big bucks work a ton of hours.
The only part time I know of is minimum wage school buss drivers. .... :cool:
I used some, usually retired from the company and they only worked part of the year, so as not to lose part of their social security, as they were well paid, and they were by far the least problematic of our driver force.
They are semi retired

Ok let’s forget this idea !!

What about part time security guards ??
Perfect. Especially night watchman, but not with a weapon. Cool hours, fewer interactions, often on your own, good choice.

I couldn't imagine ordering anything from one of those...ewwwww................The people who run those things don't look like washing their hands after a shit is a big priority.

Oh be. Guess you never heard of computer log laws. Paper has been done away with so you can't fudge. Been in Ltl whole life and do well. Home every nite high enough on the list I can choose the best start times. We have single young dudes who are well on their way to being 401 millionaires. His problem is his age. Bottom of the list isn't good so he would want a smaller company to get day hours which usually means less money.

Forum List

Back