Parnell to suspend Pennsylvania Senate campaign...The Republican candidate had been endorsed by Donald Trump.

He needs help. His wife believes he is suffering from PTSD.... that means she knew who he was before deployed in war, vs. the man who came home, filled with anger after deployment.

Maybe this will give him the chance to seek the help he needs.

Just because Parnell's ex-old lady is making allegations against him, doesn't mean there isn't another side to the story.

In any event, the people should be considering the issues, not this kind of thing when they are sealed into the voting cubicles.
Likely those allegations aren't even true.

How are you never-trumpers so sure that Mr. Parnell is guilty?

And why aren't you pleased that Parnell is stepping aside? Were you counting on wife beating being the "issue" next year instead of Brandon's incompetence?
If he were a (D), you'd be crucifying him. And the party. And Biden, somehow. And you know it.

Silly goose. THAT'S the funny part.

Last edited:
How do you figure Mr. Parnell is a "creep", just because he's involved in a distracting child support battle?

Seems like a decent fellow, quitting the race to avoid distractions from the actual issues next year.

I think it would be better for us Pennsylvanians to vote on the basis of issues, not who has the better point in the Parnell Family domestic bruhaha.

It's not a support battle, it's a custody battle, and there's nothing more important than fighting for the best future for your kids.

what a creep. Trump has been endorsing some good ones, but not this guy

Yeah, I'd sure not vote for him.

Remember how Obama got in? I remember that real well --- the SENATE candidate was taken to court by his ex who proved against him that he used to take her to sex clubs and farm her out!! This really happened. There was a collective "OOOOOO--Ugh!" and they put in Obama.

So they need to find a really good substitute for this Parnell animal quick, and so far they don't seem to have one. There are a whole zoo of crazies running for the Senate seat --- I don't see why in the big state of Pennsylvania they can't find a good guy to switch in.

Likely those allegations aren't even true.
I bet they were. It boiled down to he hit her and he hit the kids ---- and there's a lot of that goes on.

Anyway, the court believed it, and I bet the judge has a lot of experience.

How do you figure Mr. Parnell is a "creep", just because he's involved in a distracting child support battle?

Seems like a decent fellow, quitting the race to avoid distractions from the actual issues next year.

I think it would be better for us Pennsylvanians to vote on the basis of issues, not who has the better point in the Parnell Family domestic bruhaha.
He was a bad candidate for the Republicans. He has too much personal baggage. The GOP should be able to keep the seat, but he was going to put it in jeopardy.

I bet they were. It boiled down to he hit her and he hit the kids ---- and there's a lot of that goes on.

Anyway, the court believed it, and I bet the judge has a lot of experience.
The court always believes it.

The court always believes it.
It's a sad and violent world: it's probably always true.

This guy was a soldier: whenever they come back, they beat up their families. I was reading about that. They're screwed up. Probably is PTSD, but doesn't matter: they don't get to do that.

*I* don't need to see a wife-beater in the U.S. Senate.

I just hope I don't have to see a Dem senator from Pennsylvania! The GOP there seems pretty incompetent.

what a creep. Trump has been endorsing some good ones, but not this guy

From your linked article:

Parnell had been endorsed in the race by former President Donald Trump and has been the frontrunner in the Republican primary. Parnell called Trump to inform him of the decision to suspend his campaign, according to a person told about the call.

According to a person told about the call?? Wow, that's real journalism there... lol

"I strongly disagree with the ruling today and I'm devastated by the decision," Parnell said in a statement. "I plan on asking the court to reconsider this decision. In the order, two of the leading factors that weighed heavily in the judge’s decision revolved around me being a leading Senate candidate. There is nothing more important to me than my children, and while I plan to ask the court to reconsider, I can't continue with a Senate campaign. My focus right now is 100 percent on my children, and I want them to know I do not have any other priorities and will never stop fighting for them."

In a ruling made public Monday, a judge determined Laurie Snell, the children’s mother, would have sole legal custody, while Parnell’s schedule with them would be limited to three weekends a month, the Philadelphia Inquirer reported. That would have made it difficult for Parnell to continue a campaign.
Indeed, Parnell’s campaign has privately said for weeks that the embattled Senate candidate’s future in the race would come down to the judge’s decision.
If he kept custody of his three children, Parnell could have won in Pennsylvania, advisers said. Losing his kids, though, spelled the end of the campaign.
"His kids are old enough that they have weekend commitments and schedules,” said Christopher Nicholas, a Pennsylvania Republican consultant, prior to the news that Parnell suspended his campaign. “Since his time with them is three weekends a month, how could he take care of them and still campaign across the state?”

So a guy that's supposedly a wife and child beater has custody of them 3 weekends a month?

Article said nothing about him losing custody due to abuse, he also wasn't arrested on any charges of abuse, so it's just another big smear campaign from the left. I wonder how much she was paid to make the allegations at such a crucial time. Anyone know when the supposed abuse took place?

Forum List

Back