Parents Of Michigan High School Shooting Suspect Charged With Four Counts Of Involuntary Manslaughter

I guess the question becomes............Get caught doing what? Playing on his phone?

Is it against the law to search for ammunition on the internet?
Why don't u research that. But it is sort of irrelevant to a school contacting a parent ... and the parent blowing it off .. IF that is what occurred.

No idea, I'm simply noting what has been posted and asking questions. Your post stated they are not required to keep them away from their kids.

But they are required to ensure the kids do not misuse it. If a 2 year old got the gun out of the nightstand and shot someone they would also be responsible.

SCOTUS said things like trigger locks are unconstitutional. So states have said "fine, you do not HAVE to use them, but if you choose not to then you are responsible for what your gun does".

I am fine with this

But they are required to ensure the kids do not misuse it. If a 2 year old got the gun out of the nightstand and shot someone they would also be responsible.

SCOTUS said things like trigger locks are unconstitutional. So states have said "fine, you do not HAVE to use them, but if you choose not to then you are responsible for what your gun does".

I am fine with this

I'm simply running this through to understand.........

How would this be different than the parents that allowed their kid to take their car and while driving irresponsibly kills someone? They knew he was going to take it out and kill people?

I guess the question becomes............Get caught doing what? Playing on his phone?

Is it against the law to search for ammunition on the internet?

He had his plans to kill students on his phone..You sure you want to defend this little monster?

How would this be different than the parents that allowed their kid to take their car and while driving irresponsibly kills someone? They knew he was going to take it out and kill people?
Different set of rules regulations and laws.

Why don't u research that. But it is sort of irrelevant to a school contacting a parent ... and the parent blowing it off .. IF that is what occurred.

No need to research, I know it's not illegal to look at ammunition on the internet.

Don't get me wrong, I hope this kid is sentenced to death ( I doubt it) but his parents are not responsible for his murdering of other people.

It's not reasonable to think that parents would know that their kid was going to take out the car to kill people. The car isn't a weapon that's purpose is to kill people.

So it was just an analogy but it wasn't a suitable one.

I don't know much about it either but it certainly could become a watershed decision by some court at least hearing the case!

The parents were called to the school that morning about something he drew on his desk depicting victims of gunshot. They were asked to take him home and they refused.

Last edited:
Probably some overkill to try to charge the parents...pretty sure these charges will be dropped at some point....

As for Ethan.....if he was bullied....he may have a good case for self defense or at least temporary insanity....however, I doubt he will be a viable Congressional candidate in the GOP for quite some time...

No need to research, I know it's not illegal to look at ammunition on the internet.

Don't get me wrong, I hope this kid is sentenced to death ( I doubt it) but his parents are not responsible for his murdering of other people.

What is the Michigan definition of "unlawfully" stored?
I expect that this case may determine that definition for the future. If they are convicted, I expect the state to begin going after everyone ever associated with the possession or ownership of a weapon that eventually is used to cause harm or death. States who want gun control will cheerfully come after as many previous owners as possible.
I am RABIDLY pro-2A but I'd have no problem with holding the present owner accountable if their CHILD took one of their weapons and committed a mass shooting. To me, there is a clear-cut responsibility in such a case.

It's not reasonable to think that parents would know that their kid was going to take out the car to kill people. The car isn't a weapon that's purpose is to kill people.

So it was just an analogy but it wasn't a suitable one.

I've seen nothing to note that the parents were aware he had taken the gun. Maybe the authorities know things we do not but that is what I'm asking.

I am RABIDLY pro-2A but I'd have no problem with holding the present owner accountable if their CHILD took one of their weapons and committed a mass shooting. To me, there is a clear-cut responsibility in such a case.

This part I am in full agreement with.

The parents were called to the school that morning about something he drew on his desk depicting victims of gunshot. They were asked to take him homes and they refused.

I think it's already being interpreted as being a possible watershed incident leading to a watershed conviction. Several posters have offered their interpretations of a defense for the pro-gun side.

Can you see too how this could set a very dangerous precedent for the pro-gun side?

Interesting to just listen to the screeching that will keep this one alive for a while!

I've seen nothing to note that the parents were aware he had taken the gun. Maybe the authorities know things we do not but that is what I'm asking.

Do they have to be aware to be responsible? They left the gun where he could have access to it, that much we know.

nypost.com

Ethan Crumbley, his parents had school meeting over ‘behavior’ just hours before attack

Accused Oxford High School shooter Ethan Crumbley was hauled into the Michigan school with his parents over his “behavior in the classroom” just hours before the deadly rampage. After f…
nypost.com
nypost.com

OK??????

Forum List

Back