Parents: Here’s an easy way to stop Common Core in your school

American_Jihad

Flaming Libs/Koranimals
May 1, 2012
Gulf of Mex 26.609, -82.220
Just so you parents know how to tell them to shove it, and now the libtarts will show up 3...2...1...

Mike Opelka

“One of the things I understand of this test that I find most disturbing, is the kids are required to take this, or all the kids are supposedly to take this. The parents are reportedly kept in the dark and have no rights to see the results of their kid’s exam or even a copy of the test that they took,” Opelka said.

“The point of the exam, the point of the test, are that they are to be used as a federal bludgeon to force teachers and administration, school administration, to implement the Common Core curriculum.”

She finished the discussion by offering an easy solution to parents who want no part of Common Core: Parents can easily opt their children out of the test. When a majority of parents do so, as is the case in her school district in New York, the federal government doesn’t have the data needed to assess the school, which prevents them from implementing the Common Core curriculum.

Just so you parents know how to tell them to shove it, and now the libtarts will show up 3...2...1...

Mike Opelka

“One of the things I understand of this test that I find most disturbing, is the kids are required to take this, or all the kids are supposedly to take this. The parents are reportedly kept in the dark and have no rights to see the results of their kid’s exam or even a copy of the test that they took,” Opelka said.

“The point of the exam, the point of the test, are that they are to be used as a federal bludgeon to force teachers and administration, school administration, to implement the Common Core curriculum.”

She finished the discussion by offering an easy solution to parents who want no part of Common Core: Parents can easily opt their children out of the test. When a majority of parents do so, as is the case in her school district in New York, the federal government doesn’t have the data needed to assess the school, which prevents them from implementing the Common Core curriculum.

It is too bad that your source has less knowledge on the topic than my Shih Tzu.

There is no Common Core test and the federal government did away with the incentive to use the Common Core standards when the ESSA was passed.

Mike Opelka

It is too bad that your source has less knowledge on the topic than my Shih Tzu.

There is no Common Core test and the federal government did away with the incentive to use the Common Core standards when the ESSA was passed.
Well you being the great educator maybe you can set them straight or maybe you're full of it, I never see links from you just a lot of wind...

As I remember one reason for common core was the military. Military children were constantly being transferred to new schools and their kids were at a loss when the curriculum was different.

69c15092c2538f913799323f515a74d2-colorful-stripes-easter-egg_zps1zbebgne.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Opelka

Well you being the great educator maybe you can set them straight or maybe you're full of it, I never see links from you just a lot of wind...

Google works. ESSA. Try it! Read it! Learn it! Love it!

The reason you never heard about it changing is because there was no hoopla in the media, but Common Core is dying since the feds cut its throat.

Forum List

Back