Parent-Teacher Night

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
A good turn-out at the most recent parent-teacher night.

I had to conduct all but one in Spanish (my Igbo isn’t strong yet), but every family expressed the same goals and concerns as you would expect.

I had to conduct all but one in Spanish (my Igbo isn’t strong yet), but every family expressed the same goals and concerns as you would expect.

What was the turnout as a percent of students? If anyone in the school crossed 5% participation, we were overjoyed. Of course, only the parents of the good students ever show up.

Almost all of my students who come from Spanish-speaking homes, I have to say: same.

Isn't this the way of immigrants for the past 100+ years? The first generation born here tend to be more successful than the GenPop because the parents are more aware of the opportunities here - as opposed to wherever they came from. Entrepreneurship and higher ed are the keys, in that order.

God bless their efforts.

Isn't this the way of immigrants for the past 100+ years? The first generation born here tend to be more successful than the GenPop because the parents are more aware of the opportunities here - as opposed to wherever they came from. Entrepreneurship and higher ed are the keys, in that order.

God bless their efforts.

You honestly believe that?

If that is so, why are twice as many immigrants on welfare as oppose to the native born?

Forum List

Back