Palin To be Banned from campus ?

Nonsense. She's sharp as tacks and has the right agenda and understanding of what the US is.

If universities can turn down Ayers, why can't they turn down Palin?

I guess you missed the part where the University INVITED her? Some students are trying to shut down free speech aided and abetted by some Professor. A State Senator is trying to intimidate the school into canceling the speech.
The students have every right to make their views known and try to get the university to cancel.

I don't think anyone is saying that the procedures that these people are using are incorrect or even illegal but what motivates people to demand others be silent when they are airing opposing points of view? Have you ever wondered that about your side?

If universities can turn down Ayers, why can't they turn down Palin?

I guess you missed the part where the University INVITED her? Some students are trying to shut down free speech aided and abetted by some Professor. A State Senator is trying to intimidate the school into canceling the speech.
The students have every right to make their views known and try to get the university to cancel.

Why not let the speech happen so the flaws can be revealed?

I don't think anyone is disagreeing that the procedures that these people are using aren't correct or even illegal but what motivates people to demand others be silent when they are airing opposing points of view? Have you ever wondered that about your side?
Personally, I don't like people that spread hate. Palin is one of those. So is Ayers. I would protest both of them.

Didn't the right wing conservatives attempt to ban President Obama from speaking at Notre Dame last year?

Completely different.

Notre Dame is a Catholic (Private) University. Obama, who supports abortion, was the commencement speaker. Some graduating students objected to the choice - they felt it wasn't consistent with the values of Catholicism (I agree).

Nobody is forcing the students to attend the Palin event. In the Notre Dame case, the students either had to suck up listening to a commencement speaker whom they did not support - or to opt out of attending their own graduations. These are not two equivalent situations.

Why not let the speech happen so the flaws can be revealed?

What? Actually listen to differing points of view?

This is America we don't do that.

I don't think anyone is saying that the procedures that these people are using are incorrect or even illegal but what motivates people to demand others be silent when they are airing opposing points of view? Have you ever wondered that about your side?

They are not protesting her speaking her views.

They are protesting the universaity they identify with being associated with her views.

It is their right. I am fine with it.

It is what makesa America what America is all about.

Move on folks, nothing to see here.

I don't think anyone is disagreeing that the procedures that these people are using aren't correct or even illegal but what motivates people to demand others be silent when they are airing opposing points of view? Have you ever wondered that about your side?
Personally, I don't like people that spread hate. Palin is one of those. So is Ayers. I would protest both of them.

When did "I want smaller responsible government" become hate speech?

Would you protest Farrakahn? (sp.?)

I think both sides should do all they can to stop the other side from being heard. Both sides should throw eggs, garbage, and bring all the hateful signs to any speech being made. Let's all turn truly Hobbesian, get rid of all government, rules of civility, and the nonsense that made this oppressive country too strong for too long./sarcasm Seems many on both sides want just that.

Nonsense. She's sharp as tacks and has the right agenda and understanding of what the US is.
And like you, she probably thinks college students getting shot for walking to class is an excellent thing.

:thup:

I'm against students being used as human shields for cowards who want to take down the US. Always have been, always will be.

If that were all she said you'd have a point.

Would you protest Farrakahn? (sp.?)
Is that the black muslim guy? If so, yes.

I wouldn't invite anyone into my house that had views that were divisive and hateful. Why should the students not be allowed to make an effort to do the same in their "home?"

Well what specifically does she say that reaches the level of hatespeech ,
Please try to be specific and use examples.

Spreading hate...just read a few of her speeches or her facebook page. It is always us vs. them...always divisive, never constructive.

Remember when Ann Coulter could spew her hate speech but the Dixie Chicks couldn't voice their objections that a President lied us into a war or two?

Well now liberals on some campus are objecting so loudly that the University has decided to UN invite Palin? I love it!!! The rightwing has become a fringe group. Finally!

Spreading hate...just read a few of her speeches or her facebook page. It is always us vs. them...always divisive, never constructive.

Far cry from hate speech.

So when a dimmy says something about us and them, it is "spreading hate"

Let's hear it for liberals and their love for free speech, or any speech that dissents from their point of view :clap2:

Far cry from hate speech.

So when a dimmy says something about us and them, it is "spreading hate"
I didn't say it was hate speech, that was Fitnah.

And yes, anyone that continuously makes divisive comments in this manner is just as bad as Palin. No matter what their politics are.

Forum List

Back