Palin Tells Constitution-Loving Tea Partiers: We Don’t Need A President Who Is A ‘Con

I love how the left never wants to debate on issues. There methods:
(1) Scream racism
(2) Blow whistles until you stop arguing
(3) Call you a facist hate-monger
(4) Blame Bush
(5) Blame Palin
(6) Scream Racism again

The left likes to isolate and attack....it works well in the wild. Nature rids itself of the weak, and perpetuates the species with a strong DNA strain.
Having said that....it doesn't work well with the human species. Any half assed thinking person can see through a lame attempt from the left.

roswell-tea-party-033.jpg

The Tea Party loves to tout its love for the Constitution (as seen in the photo above,) but ironically wildly applauded the former half Governor of Alaska, Sarah Palin when she had this to say about President Obama:

In these volatile times when we are a nation at war, now more than ever is when we need a commander-in-chief, not a constitutional law professor lecturing us from a lectern.

Watch:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_rW2BfRl9E&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Palin's "constitutional law professor" attack[/ame]

Huh?

Amazing how utterly stupid these folks are.

This is a woman, who said she "found out", when being prepped for the vice presidential debate, that Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11. She knows even less than George Bush did. ABOUT EVERYTHING!

No, elitist is making fun of people because they don't come from LA, NYC, Chicago or Europe.

I see you don't know what 'elitist' means either..............LOL.........

I believe we had this conversation once before.

"e·lit·ism [ i l tìzzəm, ay l tìzzəm ]
noun
Definition:

1. belief in concept of superiority: the belief that some people or things are inherently superior to others and deserve preeminence, preferential treatment, or higher rewards because of their superiority

2. belief in control by small group: the belief that government or control should be in the hands of a small group of privileged, wealthy, or intelligent people, or the active promotion of such a system

3. control by small group: government or control by a small, specially qualified, or privileged group

e·lit·ist noun, adjective"

elitism definition - Dictionary - MSN Encarta

The Tea Party loves to tout its love for the Constitution (as seen in the photo above,) but ironically wildly applauded the former half Governor of Alaska, Sarah Palin when she had this to say about President Obama:

In these volatile times when we are a nation at war, now more than ever is when we need a commander-in-chief, not a constitutional law professor lecturing us from a lectern.

Watch:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_rW2BfRl9E&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Palin's "constitutional law professor" attack[/ame]

Huh?

This is a woman, who said she "found out", when being prepped for the vice presidential debate, that Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11. She knows even less than George Bush did. ABOUT EVERYTHING!

You might as well give the link where she admited that, dean. You have gone this far with your yarn, now bring it home.

I'm still amazed that we've gotten to the point in this country where education is looked down upon.

I'm not sure education is looked down upon.
But I think academia has worked against the US for so long that the majority are highly suspicious of it. And rightly so. Time for the professors to look around and realize that if they want to teach people to hate the US, eventually the US is going to be pissed at them.

Constitutional law professors teach students how to find loopholes in the Constitution.

Sarah's absolutely right. As usual.

What law school did Sarah attend?
Better yet:
What law school did you attend and which professor did you have that taught that?
Names please.
Thought so as your posts indicate a completelack of any knowledge of the law,much less the US Constitution.
Otherwise, quit the hyperbole as it makes you look very stupid.

All 3 of my con law professors (1 regular con law and 2 different con law seminars) were pretty stoked on upholding the document and not bringing it down.

In fact, towards that end one of them showed us a GREAT video called Cheney's Law...all about how Cheney and Bush shredded the Constitution. Basically taking the old Nixon line that whatever the prez wants to do IS automatically constitutional BECAUSE he's the president. (I believe most of us would agree that idea is utter bullshit)

No, it pretty much is. And we'll eventually pay for that down the road. We had to play a massive game of catch up in the Space race. I have a feeling next time we won't catch up. We've simply neglected Math and Science, and conditioned our children to look down upon book knowledge and degrees for too long.

If you doubt that, look at the science behind modern medical advances in gene therapy, anti-bacterial and anti-viral treatments, and cloning. A lot of that comes out of solid science based on results predicted by the theory of evolution. However, a lot of folks in the States aren't even willing to give that the time of day.

Historically, this has all happened before. The Catholic Church was once upon a time the major political power in the world. However, because they rejected the theories of Kepler and others they had a very difficult time organizing a working calendar and even keeping track of movable feasts like Easter. Low and behold, the folks that fixed the calendar, and solved the Easter problem, were people that used results based on Kepler's and Copernicus's theories about the solar system.

I'm still amazed that we've gotten to the point in this country where education is looked down upon.

i blame grade inflation, and, of course, mr bush.

:lol:

But seriously, we're at the point now where people think any opinion is valid, no matter what the topic is, and no matter who the person is.

That's just wrong. A wrong answer, not based on facts and reasoning, is still wrong whether its your opinion or not. There's a great Siskel and Ebert story about how a fan once told Siskel that some B list mafia movie was superior in every way to the Godfather. When Siskel started to reason with the guy, the guy just shut down and said it was his opinion and he had a right to his opinion. Siskel basically told the guy that his opinion was wrong.

i blame grade inflation, and, of course, mr bush.

:lol:

But seriously, we're at the point now where people think any opinion is valid, no matter what the topic is, and no matter who the person is.

That's just wrong. A wrong answer, not based on facts and reasoning, is still wrong whether its your opinion or not. There's a great Siskel and Ebert story about how a fan once told Siskel that some B list mafia movie was superior in every way to the Godfather. When Siskel started to reason with the guy, the guy just shut down and said it was his opinion and he had a right to his opinion. Siskel basically told the guy that his opinion was wrong.

Yup, glad others out there are realizing this bullshit problem. People will even admit it, that they don't care, its their opinion. Opinion is good for taste in food, music, clothing, etc, NOT FACTS.

But I think academia has worked against the US for so long that the majority are highly suspicious of it. And rightly so. Time for the professors to look around and realize that if they want to teach people to hate the US, eventually the US is going to be pissed at them.

Worked against us? It was education that caused the US to become a world class nation. And it's the downfall of that system that is resulting in the US losing that status. Why do you think Palin tried so hard to get that degree....going to 4 or 5 different colleges and all.

No, it pretty much is. And we'll eventually pay for that down the road. We had to play a massive game of catch up in the Space race. I have a feeling next time we won't catch up. We've simply neglected Math and Science, and conditioned our children to look down upon book knowledge and degrees for too long.

If you doubt that, look at the science behind modern medical advances in gene therapy, anti-bacterial and anti-viral treatments, and cloning. A lot of that comes out of solid science based on results predicted by the theory of evolution. However, a lot of folks in the States aren't even willing to give that the time of day.

Historically, this has all happened before. The Catholic Church was once upon a time the major political power in the world. However, because they rejected the theories of Kepler and others they had a very difficult time organizing a working calendar and even keeping track of movable feasts like Easter. Low and behold, the folks that fixed the calendar, and solved the Easter problem, were people that used results based on Kepler's and Copernicus's theories about the solar system.

Wrong.
Most of the huge strides in genetic research stem directly from delving into pi, and other breakthroughs (the Human Genome Project) that were given to us by MEN OF FAITH.

Solid science, solid Christians.

Chudnowski brothers - figured pi out to 2 billion places, and based on the things they discovered along the way, genetic science exploded...they're devout Christians.

Francis S. Collins, one of the world's leading scientists who works at the cutting edge of DNA research, concluded that "there is an inescapable component of heritability to many human behavioral traits." However, he adds, "for virtually none of them, is heredity ever close to predictive."
Collins is also a Christian.

As I said. We don't look down on education. People are just disgusted wtih the revolting elitism of academia. That combined with the fact that they belittle everything American will lose them the popularity contest post haste.

Wrong.
Most of the huge strides in genetic research stem directly from delving into pi, and other breakthroughs (the Human Genome Project) that were given to us by MEN OF FAITH.

Chudnowski brothers - figured pi out to 2 billion places, and based on the things they discovered along the way, genetic science exploded...they're devout Christians.

Francis S. Collins, one of the world's leading scientists who works at the cutting edge of DNA research, concluded that "there is an inescapable component of heritability to many human behavioral traits." However, he adds, "for virtually none of them, is heredity ever close to predictive."
Collins is also a Christian.

As I said. We don't look down on education. People are just disgusted wtih the revolting elitism of academia. That combined with the fact that they belittle everything American will lose them the popularity contest post haste.
those people were good scientists despite being religious.

generally, religiosity kills curiosity.

Watch:

Huh?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11OhmY1obS4]YouTube - OBAMA SAYS CONSTITUTION DEEP FLAW CONTINUES TODAY[/ame]

Okay you have convinced me not to vote for Sarah Palin.

Oh, wait, I wasn't voting for her anyway, so you have accomplished nothing at all.

I didn't vote for her as VP either... why she ran with such a schmuck, I'll never know. I would imagine it was the biggest mistake of her life.

Sarah Palin is less popular than the healthcare bill.

Hardly :razz:

Immie

Wrong.

I tried to look this up on Google and couldn't find a reference to explain how the investigation into Pi by the Chudnowski brothers factored into the human genome project. I teach the History of Mathematics course at my University, and several of the higher level pure mathematics courses that touch on Pi, and I have to say I have never heard this story.

This isn't a tongue in cheek gotcha reply. If you have a source I would legitimately like to read it as I'd love to share such a story with my classes. I know that calculations of Pi have long been a benchmark of a culture's mathematical capabilities, and calculations of Pi are often used to put super computers through their paces. Srinivasa Ramanujan, one of the most brilliant mathematical minds of the 20th century left behind series after series on the calculations of digits of pi, each more bizarre (and useful) than the last.

So if you have a source, I would very much like to read it.

Do not think for an instance I'm discounting men of faith and their contributions to science. Father Mersenne for example was a loyal Catholic who counseled his friend Galileo to not provoke the Pope, all while helping Galileo publish and distribute his theories on celestial motion. Father Mersenne organized mathematicians, helped revolutionize the field, and spurred an investigation into a class of prime numbers that bear his name to this day. Most of the early innovators of Calculus originally entered the Universities as theological candidates (often Lutheran!) and stayed devout their whole lives (see the many and various Bernoulli family members in science).

Men of faith do contribute. But they do so by realizing that science never contradicts the Bible, it just contradicts our understanding of the Bible.

The mechanics of Evolution, which have in fact been a driving force behind a great amount of medical, chemical, biological, and genetic research, are consistent with the Biblical ideal of a God that cares for even the survival of sparrows. It helps make the Noah's ark story more plausible and realistic, among other stories in the Bible.

I won't derail this thread with Evolution any further, but my point is that right now in this nation the concept of "Every man's opinion is valid" is just silly, stupid, and wrong. And its leading to a devaluing of education. After all, if everyone is entitled to their opinion on any topic, and all opinions are equally valid, why bother studying facts?

Okay you have convinced me not to vote for Sarah Palin.

Oh, wait, I wasn't voting for her anyway, so you have accomplished nothing at all.

I didn't vote for her as VP either... why she ran with such a schmuck, I'll never know. I would imagine it was the biggest mistake of her life.

Sarah Palin is less popular than the healthcare bill.

Hardly :razz:

Immie

Palin's favorability is in the 30's; the healthcare bill is in the 40's...

...and the president is in the 50's.

Forum List

Back