Palin... Palin... Palin...

more attacks on sarah palin.

why can't you leave her alone?

because palin can attack obama and mrs obama and the obama girls but NOBODY had better say ANYTHING BAD about our queen!

if palin and limbaugh and beck and YOU have a right to be vitriolic about liberals and dems then libs and dems have the SAME RIGHT to tekk the truth about you and palin

what has palin said about mrs. obama and the girls? please enlighten all of us

The "blood libel" metaphor is spot on.

Blood libel (also blood accusation) refers to a false accusation or claim that religious minorities, almost always Jews, murder children to use their blood in certain aspects of their religious rituals and holidays. Historically, these claims have–alongside those of well poisoning and host desecration–been a major theme in European persecution of Jews.

Really!!???

Like I said.

Damaged goods.

I've remarked before about the Right's fairly recent infatuation with victimology; I'd say this takes it to the next level.

Why should she sit by silently while the left lies and uses a national tragedy to gin up support for their efforts to silence the opposition? She called them on their BS and told them to fuck off. Good for her!

because palin can attack obama and mrs obama and the obama girls but NOBODY had better say ANYTHING BAD about our queen!

if palin and limbaugh and beck and YOU have a right to be vitriolic about liberals and dems then libs and dems have the SAME RIGHT to tekk the truth about you and palin

what has palin said about mrs. obama and the girls? please enlighten all of us

I hope you look good in blue.

Sarah may decide not to run or she may be running only in the liberals minds. They do love to discredit anyone who disagrees with their agenda. So their fantasy could be hoping she will run so they can continue to bash her.

Funny how people who are so insecure always want to place the blame, finger pointing is also their style as evidenced in this thread.

Sara consistalntly points blame at the media , is she insecure in your mind for doing so?

she is RIGHT to point the finger at the Lamestream media, they along with you lefties had a hand in all this crap about Palins MAP. People NEED TO SEE, the bias and spin the Media has AGAINST REPUBLICAN, CONSERVATIES, the tea party. Just REMEMBER folks, the Lamestream media is NO FRIEND TO REPUBLICANS, CONSERVAITES.
GET your news from OTHER sources.

Oh palease. She has attacked Obama's policies and actions, she has never attacked Obama or his family.

Sarah Palin sez.
“When was it less heated? Back in those ‘calm days’ when political figures literally settled their differences with dueling pistols?”

She didn't pull the trigger, and she's not the first to use the language of combat. But the Alaskan's career will certainly suffer

Until Saturday, it was a fair working assumption that Sarah Palin was just a few weeks away from announcing her candidacy for the presidency of the United States. Barack Obama launched his campaign in February 2007, a full 21 months before polling day in November 2008, making February 2011 the obvious time for anyone with an eye on 2012. But if Palin had pencilled an imminent date in her diary, she's certainly rubbed it out now. Events outside a Safeway in Tucson have seen to that.

Sarah Palin's presidential hopes surely can't survive this assassin's bullet | Jonathan Freedland | Comment is free | The Guardian

I dunno... most of us see through the trolling of some of the lowlifes on the left... it's par for the course. Why would I think less of someone because some nuts feel the need to lie and defame them? That's be rather silly.

I've been reading these threads since the weekend, and I have yet to see one shred of proof where the words of another was the cause of Loughner's actions. Or, a shred of proof where he was a left wingnut, or a right wingnut. All I've seen is a lot of projecting for political points. :dunno:

r-SARAH-PALIN-ARIZONA-SHOOTING-STATEMENT-medium260.jpg

The talk in political circles has been that Sarah Palin had a rare opportunity in the wake of the Tucson tragedy to reach out beyond her base and recalibrate her image beyond that of a gun-toting mama grizzly.

After all, the strategists said, there was some sympathy for her—beyond the Palin-haters—for being tied to the shooting of Gabrielle Giffords, even if she had erred with her “reload” talk and by posting that map with the gun-sight targets last year.

In a nearly eight-minute video, Sarah Palin says “journalists and pundits should not manufacture a blood libel that serves only to incite the very hatred and violence.” Howard Kurtz on her un-presidential move.

The talk in political circles has been that Sarah Palin had a rare opportunity in the wake of the Tucson tragedy to reach out beyond her base and recalibrate her image beyond that of a gun-toting mama grizzly.

After all, the strategists said, there was some sympathy for her—beyond the Palin-haters—for being tied to the shooting of Gabrielle Giffords, even if she had erred with her “reload” talk and by posting that map with the gun-sight targets last year.

Instead, Palin chose to throw kerosene on the embers of a smoldering national controversy.

Whole article

Without debate, without criticism, no Administration and no country can succeed -- and no republic can survive. That is why the Athenian lawmaker Solon decreed it a crime for any citizen to shrink from controversy. And that is why our press was protected by the First Amendment -- the only business in America specifically protected by the Constitution -- not primarily to amuse and entertain, not to emphasize the trivial and the sentimental, not to simply "give the public what it wants" -- but to inform, to arouse, to reflect, to state our dangers and our opportunities, to indicate our crises and our choices, to lead, mold, educate, and sometimes even anger public opinion.

President John F. Kennedy - 27 April 1961

If you dont like the blaze, don't light fires by using murders to attack innocent people for political purposes.

What she could have said was perhaps the rhetoric has gotten a little to heated on both sides and we need cooler heads to prevail.

Instead it was reflexive self defense.

My takeaway is that even though I wanted her to run..she's completely damaged goods.

She could have said that. But then she would have be lying.

There is no problem with the rhetoric on the right in this issue. The Right isnt using these murders to blatantly attack their political opponents. The right is defending itself against false accusations from the left.

Apparently, you are more concerned about using the incident to damage the right rather than the fact that there are real people involved who are actually hurt and dead here.

hahahaha, poor HOWIE who writes crap for a place called, THE DAILY BEAST.

do you need a diaper change. You all would of critized her, NO MATTER HOW she went about addressing things.

so here's a clue, we don't give a shit what you think.

Its really not the end game.

I dont mind sara saying anything but the violent referances.

I really dont think its good for our country.

Wait a minute I think I agree with the statement

“journalists and pundits should not manufacture a blood libel that serves only to incite the very hatred and violence.”

Of course I think that the rabid right wingers like Limbaugh, Beck and Hannity should take her advice. Of course it applies to the left as well ....

Run Sarah run.

Considering they already do, the point seems rather moot doesnt it?

Oh palease. She has attacked Obama's policies and actions, she has never attacked Obama or his family.

Nope she attacked his character. At least McCain had the balls to stand up to the nutters saying crazy things from the crowd. Palin didn't say a word when the crowd cried "Terrorist" and "Kill Him" did she?

Dissagreeing is not vitriol

No. Youre absolutely right here. Disagreeing is not.

Which is why your attacks on talk radio and Gov Palin fall on deaf ears outside your liberal echo chamber.

Vitriol would be using the murder of innocent people to make political attacks on people completely unrelated to the incident. Which is exactly what you and many of your leftist associates on this board have been doing since before we even knew the shooters name.

Last edited:
After too years of a teleprompter reader, I see no downside to a Sarah Palin Presidency.

bush used a teleprompter and index cards....

and I believe he wrote notes on the back of his arm

apparently, once again, it's ok for a repub but BAD for a dem

You have it bas-ackward Bfgrn. You and your left wing (Soros inspired?) blogs have been throwing kerosene on the political fire for the last two years. Too bad you don't have the capacity for reasoning to understand it.

Forum List

Back