Palestinian Talks, lectures, & interviews.

We Wrote in Symbols: Reclaiming, Restoring, and Representing Arab Women Narratives​

Twitter-Restricted Palestine-Based Journalist Debunks One of Israel's Biggest Lies​

Katie Halper & Rania Khalek: STOP Conflating Anti-Zionism with Antisemitism​

RE: Palestinian Talks, lectures, & interviews.
SUBTOPIC: Communication of Ideas
※→ P F TINEMORE, et al,

In general, I see no real value in the overall contribution of this thread (Palestinian Talks, lectures, & interviews). This thread generally turns out to be a platform for those who, in one way or another, perpetuate confusion about the issues. And it leans heavily toward the side opposed to the establishment of the Jewish State. [As if the Islamic Resistance Movement (HAMAS)] and the Allied Powers at the end of WWII were wrong in encouraging the establishment.

REMEMBER:
More than 900 Jews, aboard the MS St Louis passenger liner, were denied entry into several countries Including America, in their attempt to flee Germany after Hitler took over. They were sent back to Germany. This is but one example of Jews having no safe harbor to escape from the persecution leading up to the Holocaust.

As the M.S. St. Louis cruised off the coast of Miami in June 1939, its passengers could see the lights of the city glimmering. But the United States hadn't been on the ship's original...​

And today, in this immediate timeline, the world is questing the propriety of establishing a Jewish National Home (safe harbor), as if the immediate adjacent countries to Israel are Jewish Friendly... Even the UNSCOP in A/RES/181(II) Part II (Boundaries) Paragraph "B" (The Jewish State).

Katie Halper & Rania Khalek: STOP Conflating Anti-Zionism with Antisemitism

(COMMENT)

The original "tacit" approval by the Allied Powers, at the conclusion of the Holocaust, was to ensure that future generations of Jewish People have a safe harbor in which to retreat.

The very first sentence in the Islamic Resistance Movement General Principles is:

"The Islamic Resistance Movement “Hamas” is a Palestinian Islamic national liberation and resistance movement."

Contributions like that presented by Halper and Khalek are (either intentionally or unintentionally) using language that is ambiguous to most people, not in the population of Jews (practicing) or Muslims (Islamic followers). And that is not to say that all Jews and Muslims understand the subtle differences in the meaning of "Apartheid" • "Zionism" • "AntiSemitism" • "Anti Jewish" • etc. When I ask, what populations are affected in these discussions, I get garbled answers back. When we talk about "Apartheid" (just as an example) are we talking about Arab-Israelis? Or are we talking about Arab Palestinians outside the sovereign borders of Israel?

In many of these discussions • "the intent in the content being delivered (what you say) is much less important if the content is misunderstood (what other people think you said)." This directly affects what the receiver (your audience) captures (takes away) from the discussion.

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

Contributions like that presented by Halper and Khalek are (either intentionally or unintentionally) using language that is ambiguous to most people, not in the population of Jews (practicing) or Muslims (Islamic followers).
This discussion was with four Jews (one of them a Rabbi) and one secular Muslim.

So, what is ambiguous?

In general, I see no real value in the overall contribution of this thread (Palestinian Talks, lectures, & interviews).
I post a wide variety of people/religions/sources/countries. Anyone can discuss the issues and post what they want.

This thread is to go beyond mere talking points.

RE: Palestinian Talks, lectures, & interviews.
SUBTOPIC: Communication Value
※→ P F Tinmore, et al,

I agree. Anyone may post (nearly) anything. Just as some would use it to advocate racial or religious hatred that constitutes incitement to discrimination, hostility, or violence. And again, some may exploit the platform to further propaganda for "
armed resistance, which is regarded as the strategic choice for protecting the principles and the rights of the Palestinian people."

What does that have to do with the Palestinians?
This discussion was with four Jews (one of them a Rabbi) and one secular Muslim.

So, what is ambiguous?
I post a wide variety of people/religions/sources/countries. Anyone can discuss the issues and post what they want.

This thread is to go beyond mere talking points.
(COMMENT)

The ambiguity of the Hostile Arab Palestinians (HoAP) 'vs' Israeli is lost on the HoAP. When the HoAP talks about Human Rights (HR) they are NOT talking about Civil and Political Rights as expressed in the core HR instruments. When the HoAP talks about Apartheid, they are not talking about inhumane acts • or • oppression and domination by one racial group over any other racial group as defined by the Rome Statutes. When the HoAP talks about Palestine, they do not distinguish Palestine, from the River Jordan in the east to the Mediterranean • or that of • Palestine → the territory formerly under Jordanian sovereignty known as the West Bank (what remains under the control of the Palestinians). The Gaza Strip was abandoned when Israel unilaterally withdrew in 2005.

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

Forum List

Back