Palestine Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Palestine Today
⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

Palestinian Rights Advocacy (PRA) is (self-determination) just nothing more than code for revoking Israeli Rights (for self-determination). The very rights that PRA demands are the exact same rights the Israelis have.

Europe Poised to Put Warning Labels on Jewish-Made Products
The Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BSD) Movement is a resurgents of the anti-Jewish Laws of Germany's Third Reich. In 1933, Germany ushered-in a Boycott of Jew Businesses, Shops, and Stores. The Star of David was required to be pasted on business fronts and the prominent marking of “Jude” was painted shop display windows, entryways and storefronts → warning patrons of the anti-Jewish policy.
Anti-Jewish Business Practice.png
It is not so dissimilar as to what is happening in contemporary times.

The European Union is poised to mandate that Israeli products made in contested territories carry consumer warning labels, a decision that could trigger American anti-boycott laws and open up what legal experts describe as a “Pandora’s box” of litigation, according to multiple sources involved in the legal dispute who spoke to the Washington Free Beacon.​

As Tucson Jews who support Palestinian human rights, we are deeply troubled by state Sen. Karen Fann and state Rep. Alma Hernandez’s recent op-ed in the Arizona Daily Star that accuses the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions, or BDS, movement of “encouraging anti-Jewish bigotry.” Hernandez and Fann are right that anti-Semitism is a serious issue that is on the rise in the U.S., Europe, and other parts of the world. But we disagree with the way they confuse Palestinian rights advocacy with anti-Semitism.
(COMMENT)

In Germany, the Law caused the cancellation of state and government contracts held by Jewish-owned businesses. And by 1938, the Laws and Boycotts finally required the closure of all Jewish-owned firms.

The Modern-day similarity, "The EU Court of Justice’s and the Advocate General's opinion said that goods produced by Muslims are to be labeled from ‘Palestine,' and goods produced by Jews labeled as coming from ‘Israeli colonies.’
The question becomes, is the BSD Movementjust another application of the “anti-Jewish bigotry” we have seen before, but have forgotten?

(ON The Matter of Israel’s violations of international law)

Well, that is so broad an accusation, that I'll be accused of a "Data Dump" if I answer. So, I challenge you: Pick a specific law that you believe that the US complicit in Israel’s violations of international law, and I'll debate it with you. We can go through them one at a time...

Most Respectfully,
R

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

Palestinian Rights Advocacy (PRA) is (self-determination) just nothing more than code for revoking Israeli Rights (for self-determination). The very rights that PRA demands are the exact same rights the Israelis have.

The Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BSD) Movement is a resurgents of the anti-Jewish Laws of Germany's Third Reich. In 1933, Germany ushered-in a Boycott of Jew Businesses, Shops, and Stores. The Star of David was required to be pasted on business fronts and the prominent marking of “Jude” was painted shop display windows, entryways and storefronts → warning patrons of the anti-Jewish policy.

The European Union is poised to mandate that Israeli products made in contested territories carry consumer warning labels, a decision that could trigger American anti-boycott laws and open up what legal experts describe as a “Pandora’s box” of litigation, according to multiple sources involved in the legal dispute who spoke to the Washington Free Beacon.​

As Tucson Jews who support Palestinian human rights, we are deeply troubled by state Sen. Karen Fann and state Rep. Alma Hernandez’s recent op-ed in the Arizona Daily Star that accuses the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions, or BDS, movement of “encouraging anti-Jewish bigotry.” Hernandez and Fann are right that anti-Semitism is a serious issue that is on the rise in the U.S., Europe, and other parts of the world. But we disagree with the way they confuse Palestinian rights advocacy with anti-Semitism.
(COMMENT)

In Germany, the Law caused the cancellation of state and government contracts held by Jewish-owned businesses. And by 1938, the Laws and Boycotts finally required the closure of all Jewish-owned firms.

The Modern-day similarity, "The EU Court of Justice’s and the Advocate General's opinion said that goods produced by Muslims are to be labeled from ‘Palestine,' and goods produced by Jews labeled as coming from ‘Israeli colonies.’
The question becomes, is the BSD Movementjust another application of the “anti-Jewish bigotry” we have seen before, but have forgotten?

Well, that is so broad an accusation, that I'll be accused of a "Data Dump" if I answer. So, I challenge you: Pick a specific law that you believe that the US complicit in Israel’s violations of international law, and I'll debate it with you. We can go through them one at a time...

Most Respectfully,
R

OK, here is one of many.

Israel invoked Resolution 181 in its declaration of independence even though it violated virtually every provision in that resolution. According to Resolution 181, Jerusalem was to be an international city administered by the UN.

Did Israel win Jerusalem from the UN in a defensive war?

Trump moved the US embassy into territory that is not Israel.

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

OK, here is one of many.

Israel invoked Resolution 181 in its declaration of independence even though it violated virtually every provision in that resolution. According to Resolution 181, Jerusalem was to be an international city administered by the UN.

And? Israel is a legit country, Palestine isn’t

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

Well, this one is pretty easy.

Israel invoked Resolution 181 in its declaration of independence even though it violated virtually every provision in that resolution.
(COMMENT)

Oh, this is another broad accusation. The details in the Recommendation of A/RES/181(II) could not have possibly been carried-out in total in less than 24 Hours, when the Arab League began to poor in. The Arab League changed the application of the Resolution, not the Israelis.

According to Resolution 181, Jerusalem was to be an international city administered by the UN.
(COMMENT)

The status of the City of Jerusalem was overtaken by the Armistice Agreement between the Israelis and the Jordanians. And the Armistice was overtaken in 1950 when Jordan (with a Palestinian Parliament) unilaterally annexed the territories.

(COMMENT)

No, and the Israelis never claimed that. On 31 July 1988, the Jordanians abandon the territories under Jordanian authority, leaving it in the hands of the only remaining government capable authority (the Israelis). The Palestinian Liberation Authority (PLO) had not declared independence yet.

(COMMENT)

Well, that is the difference between the ground truth (for an extended period of time) and the legal fallacy that the PLO/Palestinian Authority grasp. The only international treaty that is in force the Jordan-Israeli Peace Treaty (1994) basically says that (without prejudice to the status of any territories that came under Israeli military government control in 1967) the international boundary between Jordan and Israel is delimited concerning the boundary definition under the Mandate (Article 3). "This line is the administrative boundary between Jordan and the territory which came under Israeli military government control in 1967. Any treatment of this line shall be without prejudice to the status of that territory.” What does, the "military status" mean? Well, the question is mute. Any territory west of the Jordan River is under civil administration (for almost 40 years), not military administration. (IDF Military Order No. 947)
"We hereby establish a Civil Administration in the region [West Bank and Gaza]. The Civil Administration shall run all regional civil matters, correspondingly to this [Military] decree, for the wellbeing and for the sake of [local] population, and with the purpose of providing and operating the public services, considering the need to maintain a proper governance and public order".
The worst-case scenario is that the boundary is no more - or - no less valid than any other boundary. But the other questions:

◈ Under what principle do the Arab Palestinians have on the meaning of a Treaty between the Israelis and the Jordanians?

◈ When did the Arab Palestinians raise any Dispute Resplutions concerns over these issues?
The United Nations (UN) attempted to declare the city a corpus separatum (Latin: “separate entity”).

◈ When did A/RES/181/ (II) 29 November 1947 go into force as an International Law?

◈ When did A/RES/194 (III) 11 December 1948 go into force as an International Law?​

Most Respectfully,
R

Last edited:
⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

OK, here is one of many.

That's incorrect.

Israel's Declaration of Independence cites UN's confirmation of the collective historic rights of the Jewish nation, and the obligation to re-constitute the Jewish state in Eretz Israel - specifically declaring obligation to "economic unity all over Eretz Israel in its entirety" while addressing all inhabitants to join as equal citizens.

Because anyway the UN had no legal standing to enforce any borders let alone administer land,
Res. 181, which is not international law, called for the inhabitants themselves to take the required steps for the implementation of actual binding international law that was reaffirmed in the resolution,
which Israel did.

All that was outside that scope in the resolution was neither binding nor legally enforceable, and because the Jewish nation was already vested with sovereignty of the country, all decisions regarding administration of Jerusalem or any land allotted for the nation in international law is function of Israel's decision, to that Israel did not oblige.

And the Declaration of Independence, just above the reference to the resolution, lists the international laws that were already in force prior to that as its legal foundation.

(In conclusion)

Even if for the first time the resolution suggested an Arab state, or separately administered Jerusalem,
it wasn't binding, and entirely bound by Israel's sole sovereign decision on what and how to implement.

The attempt to obfuscate 181 as law, is cheap propaganda.

Last edited:
⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

Israel invoked Resolution 181 in its declaration of independence even though it violated virtually every provision in that resolution.
(COMMENT)

Oh, this is another broad accusation. The details in the Recommendation of A/RES/181(II) could not have possibly been carried-out in total in less than 24 Hours, when the Arab League began to poor in. The Arab League changed the application of the Resolution, not the Israelis.

According to Resolution 181, Jerusalem was to be an international city administered by the UN.
(COMMENT)

The status of the City of Jerusalem was overtaken by the Armistice Agreement between the Israelis and the Jordanians. And the Armistice was overtaken in 1950 when Jordan (with a Palestinian Parliament) unilaterally annexed the territories.

(COMMENT)

No, and the Israelis never claimed that. On 31 July 1988, the Jordanians abandon the territories under Jordanian authority, leaving it in the hands of the only remaining government capable authority (the Israelis). The Palestinian Liberation Authority (PLO) had not declared independence yet.

(COMMENT)

Well, that is the difference between the ground truth (for an extended period of time) and the legal fallacy that the PLO/Palestinian Authority grasp. The only international treaty that is in force the Jordan-Israeli Peace Treaty (1994) basically says that (without prejudice to the status of any territories that came under Israeli military government control in 1967) the international boundary between Jordan and Israel is delimited concerning the boundary definition under the Mandate (Article 3). "This line is the administrative boundary between Jordan and the territory which came under Israeli military government control in 1967. Any treatment of this line shall be without prejudice to the status of that territory.” What does, the "military status" mean? Well, the question is mute. Any territory west of the Jordan River is under civil administration (for almost 40 years), not military administration. (IDF Military Order No. 947)
"We hereby establish a Civil Administration in the region [West Bank and Gaza]. The Civil Administration shall run all regional civil matters, correspondingly to this [Military] decree, for the wellbeing and for the sake of [local] population, and with the purpose of providing and operating the public services, considering the need to maintain a proper governance and public order".
The worst-case scenario is that the boundary is no more - or - no less valid than any other boundary. But the other questions:

◈ Under what principle do the Arab Palestinians have on the meaning of a Treaty between the Israelis and the Jordanians?

◈ When did the Arab Palestinians raise any Dispute Resplutions concerns over these issues?
The United Nations (UN) attempted to declare the city a corpus separatum (Latin: “separate entity”).

◈ When did A/RES/181/ (II) 29 November 1947 go into force as an International Law?

◈ When did A/RES/194 (III) 11 December 1948 go into force as an International Law?​

Most Respectfully,
R
More Israeli lies.

Israel was violating provisions of Resolution 181 before any Arab army entered Palestine.

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

(COMMENT)

(COMMENT)

(COMMENT)

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R
More Israeli lies.

Israel was violating provisions of Resolution 181 before any Arab army entered Palestine.
More Palestinian lies.. link?

⁜→ P F Tinmore, rylah, et al,

This is too funny.
Black's Law Dictionary® Ninth Edition said:
violation, n. (I5c)
1. An infraction or breach of the law; a transgression. See INFRACTION.
2. The act of breaking or dishonoring the law; the contravention of a right or duty.
3. Rape; ravishment.
4. Under the Model Penal Code, a public-welfare offense .• In this sense, a violation
is not a crime. See Model Penal Code § 1.04(5). violate,
vb. violative (vI-a-lay-tiv), adj. - violator, n.​
More Israeli lies.

(COMMENT)

Didn't our friend "rylah" just get done telling you that A/RES/181 (II) is NOT a law. It is not binding (as in a duty).

When did Israel become Independent? Answer: Midnight 14/15 May 1948.

The Cable from Jordan was issued in the same 24 hour period as Israel Independence. You are clearly misrepresenting the facts and disseminating misinformation (with a deliberately intended to deceive).

Most Respectfully,
R

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

OK, here is one of many.

Another stupid remark!!! Jerusalem was to be a “ International City” administered by the U.N. so by what authority did Jordan have the Right to deny Israelis rights to their sacred religious sites and destroy many of them?
By what right does the PA have to declare E Jerusalem a no Israelis allowed area; also deny Israeli Rights to their Religious sites and build their capital there?
Did “ Palestine “ win Jerusalem from the U. N.? With the FORMAL declaration that Israelis are not entitled to stay where they are or that they have the Right to build their Capital there?

To all those who SAY they believe in " International Law" ( even though they really don't} . Take that "law" and shove it up your :ahole-1:

Cabinet Report Says Jordan Destroyed 56 Old City Synagogues, Desecrated Cemetery - Jewish Telegraphic Agency

Last edited:
⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

OK, here is one of many.

Another stupid remark!!! Jerusalem was to be a “ International City” administered by the U.N. so by what authority did Jordan have the Right to deny Israelis rights to their sacred religious sites and destroy many of them?
By what right does the PA have to declare E Jerusalem a no Israelis allowed area; also deny Israeli Rights to their Religious sites and build their capital there?
Did “ Palestine “ win Jerusalem from the U. N.? With the FORMAL declaration that Israelis are not entitled to stay where they are or that they have the Right to build their Capital there?

To all those who SAY they believe in " International Law" ( even though they really don't} . Take that "law" and shove it up your :ahole-1:

Cabinet Report Says Jordan Destroyed 56 Old City Synagogues, Desecrated Cemetery - Jewish Telegraphic Agency
Has nothing to do with Palestine.

⁜→ P F Tinmore, rylah, et al,

This is too funny.
Black's Law Dictionary® Ninth Edition said:
violation, n. (I5c)
1. An infraction or breach of the law; a transgression. See INFRACTION.
2. The act of breaking or dishonoring the law; the contravention of a right or duty.
3. Rape; ravishment.
4. Under the Model Penal Code, a public-welfare offense .• In this sense, a violation
is not a crime. See Model Penal Code § 1.04(5). violate,
vb. violative (vI-a-lay-tiv), adj. - violator, n.​
More Israeli lies.

(COMMENT)

Didn't our friend "rylah" just get done telling you that A/RES/181 (II) is NOT a law. It is not binding (as in a duty).

When did Israel become Independent? Answer: Midnight 14/15 May 1948.

The Cable from Jordan was issued in the same 24 hour period as Israel Independence. You are clearly misrepresenting the facts and disseminating misinformation (with a deliberately intended to deceive).

Most Respectfully,
R
Israel hinged its so called legitimacy on Resolution 181 that was never implemented.
1) Israel violated the proposed borders.
2) Israel violated nationality by expelling Palestinians who should have been Israeli citizens.
3) Israel attacked and expelled Palestinians in the "Arab" part of the plan.
4) Israel attacked and expelled Palestinians in the territory of Jerusalem.

All this and more before any Arab army entered Palestine.

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

OK, here is one of many.

Deflection; Your usual double standard. Either “ International Law” is for everybody or it’s not. Keep defending their destruction of Jewish burial grounds and Holy Sites; that’s what you do best

Did the U. N. give “ Palestine “ Jerusalem? By what right to they have to build their Capital there; FORBID Israelis to live there and DENY their rights to Religious Sites?

Pre 67 has nothing to do with “ Palestine?” As usual your bigotry and hate are showing. They intend to enforce the SAME RESTRICTIONS on the Jewish people which is ALLEGEDLY forbidden by “ International Law “ :113:

]RE: Palestine Today
⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

Wrong on BOTH counts...

◈ Israel "hinged" (your word) on "self-determination" and NOT A/RES/181 (II).

◈ A/RES/181 (II) was considered implemented (according to the UNPC). (You make this claim quite often.)

Israel hinged its so called legitimacy on Resolution 181 that was never implemented.

1) Israel violated the proposed borders.
2) Israel violated nationality by expelling Palestinians who should have been Israeli citizens.
3) Israel attacked and expelled Palestinians in the "Arab" part of the plan.
4) Israel attacked and expelled Palestinians in the territory of Jerusalem.​

All this and more before any Arab army entered Palestine.
(COMMENT)

Nothing in items 1 through 4 is true in context.

◈ The borders were not established until 14/15 May '48. They were obviated on the outbreak of hostilities initiated by the Arab League.

◈ Nationalities were not established until 14/15 May '48. Prior to 14/15 May it was a civil war in which displaced hostiles were relocated.

◈ This third issue cannot be true. Israel did not exist until 14/15 May, on the day the Arab League militarily intervened.

◈ Who took Jerusalem? The Arabs Militarily took Jerusalem. You have this issue all screwed-up.​

The Arab opposing force took what they could and kept what they could. All this talk about who violated what is merely subterfuge to mask the fact that the Arabs wanted it all and want to expel the Jewish People and prevent the establishment of a Jewish National Home. They failed. And all the whining since then has been about the Arab Failure to control the Mandate Territory and not about anything more. A direct line can be drawn from each and every Arab Palestinian complaint and the Arab League failures that lead to the outcomes they live with today.

All the political rhetoric used by the Arab Opposing Forces today is irrelevant. The goals and objectives which the Arab Palestinians whine about today are the same as they whined about in discussions with the Secretary of State for the Colonies (Right Honorable Sir Winston Churchill) well before the issuance of the Palestine Order in Council and the formalized Mandate for Palestine in 1922.

Everything added since that time has been window dressing to disguise the long string of failed political and quasi-military efforts taken by an inept Arab Leadership that was attempting to assume control over territory in which the future of the territory (Palestine) being settled or to be settled by the Allied Powers concerned had been placed. Let me emphasize this point: The arguments being presented in contemporary times are an outcome of a long and continuous string of Arab Leadership failures.

Most Respectfully,
R

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

OK, here is one of many.

Deflection; Your usual double standard. Either “ International Law” is for everybody or it’s not. Keep defending their destruction of Jewish burial grounds and Holy Sites; that’s what you do best

Did the U. N. give “ Palestine “ Jerusalem? By what right to they have to build their Capital there; FORBID Israelis to live there and DENY their rights to Religious Sites?

Pre 67 has nothing to do with “ Palestine?” As usual your bigotry and hate are showing. They intend to enforce the SAME RESTRICTIONS on the Jewish people which is ALLEGEDLY forbidden by “ International Law “ :113:
You are trying to blame Palestine for what Jordan did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back