Palestine Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
73294812_10158957633264992_169756245912190976_n.jpg

YAWN.,,,, No link . How typical
[QUOTE="P F Tinmore, post: 240655

RE: Palestine Today
⁜→ et al,

They are two different types of laws entirely. One is domestic which by Charter, is untouchable by the UN. The other is international, but not clear as to how it is applicable or when.

On Mid-night May 14/15 1948, the British terminated their Administration of the Mandate over Palestine, the United Nations Commission will be the Government of Palestine, and the National Council for the Jewish State immediately proclaimed the independence of the State of Israel. The Soviet Union (USSR) was the first country to recognize Israel, followed promptly by the United States (US).

When the two principles → Super Powers → recognize the emergence of the new Jewish State (Israeli), what impact does that have on the Question of Palestine

It supports the Palestinian right of return while opposing the Law of Return and Jewish immigration to Israel and the Birthright Israel movement with Voice for Peace - Wikipedia​

Anyone ever wonder why Tinmore LOVES this organization and supports it? Above is the reason. The bigot actually considers that ' justice:
ttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Voice_for_Peace
(COMMENT)

The Palestinian Right-of-Return (RoR) is a fictional law. It trying to use various international products to substantiate it.

◈ Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) 1948
◈ A/RES/194 (III) of 11 December 1948
◈ A/RES/394 (V) of 14 December 1950
◈ International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (CCPR) 1966 (entered into force 1976)
◈ S/RES/237 (1967) of 14 June 1967
◈ S/RES/242 (1967) of 22 November 1967
◈ S/RES/259 (1968) of 27 September 1968
◈ A RES 2535 (XXIV)A-C of 10 December 1969​

There is a very good argument to be made on the scope and nature of the Customary Law application relative to the Palestinian RoR, force majeure or not. The exception, most notably, is the denial in the case of criminals.

The Question of Palestine becomes expanded as we begin to ask:

◈ When did the Right of Return become an International Law?
◈ How retroactive is the application of the RoR Law?
◈ What is the relationship between the descendants of the Diaspora/Refugee and the RoR.​

The Question of Palestine and the application of the RoR becomes compounded as we explore:

When the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan extended its nationality and citizenship to the Palestinian Diaspora/Refugee, what impact did that have, if any on the RoR?

The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan said:
As a result of the war, many Palestinian Arabs from the Jordanian-controlled areas found that union with Jordan was of vital importance to the preservation of Arab control over the “West Bank” territories which had not fallen to the Israelis. Consequently, in December 1948, a group of Palestinian leaders and notables from the West Bank convened a historic conference in Jericho, where they called for King Abdullah to take immediate steps to unite the two banks of the Jordan into a single state under his leadership.

On April 11, 1950, elections were held for a new Jordanian parliament in which the Palestinian Arabs of the West Bank were equally represented. Thirteen days later, Parliament unanimously approved a motion to unite the two banks of the Jordan River, constitutionally expanding the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan in order to safeguard what was left of the Arab territory of Palestine from further Zionist expansion.

The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan now included nearly one and a half million people, more than half a million of whom were refugees evicted from Jewish-occupied Palestine. All automatically became citizens of Jordan, a right that had first been offered in December 1949 to all Palestinians who wished to claim it. Although the Arab League opposed this plan, and no other Arab government followed Jordan’s lead, the Hashemite Kingdom offered the possibility of normal life for many people who would have otherwise remained stateless refugees.

These and many more Questions of Palestine are unresolved.

In any event, the Israeli War of independence was ≈ 72 years ago. How many Arab Palestinians (for which the RoR is applicable) do you expect will be around in a decade given:

◈ Life expectancy at birth: total population: 74.54 years

✦ male: 72.54 years
✦ female: 76.65 years (2009 est.)

Most Respectfully,
R

Attachments

• Is the UDHR law?.png
    Is the UDHR law?.png
    38.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Hey Tinmore , why do you keep ignoring me in the other thread? I keep asking you what specific acts that the Palestinians do are considered self defence ?? You kept mocking Rocco with posts like ‘self defence is terrorism?’ , followed by emojis .

I await your answer ...

Hey Tinmore , why do you keep ignoring me in the other thread? I keep asking you what specific acts that the Palestinians do are considered self defence ?? You kept mocking Rocco with posts like ‘self defence is terrorism?’ , followed by emojis .

I await your answer ...
Everything, including armed struggle, is legitimate self defense.

I await your answer ...
Everything, including armed struggle, is legitimate self defense.

Great, now please be more specific. I want details, including specific events

I await your answer ...

Not going to get one anymore then I have gotten the answer to why the Jewish people would be forbidden to worship at their Religious Sites. When he can't answer a question he just ignores it

Resolution 194 was written in compliance with already existing international law.

YES, it was !!! :eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Joshua Muravchik has contested this reading, pointing out that the text states that the refugees "should be permitted" to return to their homes at the "earliest practicable date" and this recommendation applies only to those "wishing to... live at peace with their neighbors"[7].

Resolution 194 was written in compliance with already existing international law.

Joshua Muravchik has contested this reading, pointing out that the text states that the refugees "should be permitted" to return to their homes at the "earliest practicable date" and this recommendation applies only to those "wishing to... live at peace with their neighbors"[7].
How many didn't?

How many didn't?

I think what you meant was How many had the chance? THANK GOD, not many but the link below SHOULD give you SOME idea ( probably won't)

Since we are talking about " peace" is banning a group of people from their religious sites " peaceful?"

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

Palestine Conciliation Commission (PCC)

The UN Charter is a binding agreement between the members that are signatories to it. And thus, it is equivalent under Treaty Law as a binding between members. It has no international standing beyond the 193 sovereign states. AND! Palestine is an observer BUT NOT a member, and not obligated. BUT! The UN does not make law. This is a key point and a principle reason to remember why your answer is completely wrong.

(COMMENT)

A/RES/194 (III) of 11 December 1948 is NOT LAW.

What preexisting law are you eluding to? You cannot answer that. If you could, you would have cited it.

Most Respectfully,
R

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

Palestine Conciliation Commission (PCC)

The UN Charter is a binding agreement between the members that are signatories to it. And thus, it is equivalent under Treaty Law as a binding between members. It has no international standing beyond the 193 sovereign states. AND! Palestine is an observer BUT NOT a member, and not obligated. BUT! The UN does not make law. This is a key point and a principle reason to remember why your answer is completely wrong.

(COMMENT)

A/RES/194 (III) of 11 December 1948 is NOT LAW.

What preexisting law are you eluding to? You cannot answer that. If you could, you would have cited it.

Most Respectfully,
R
That is hard to say. International law is a web of laws derived from treaties and practices. Sometimes there is a convention that will define and codify this loose swath of laws. Sometimes there will be a resolution, like resolution 194, that will draw from these laws to address a particular problem.

I have posted before a talk by Dr. Susan Akram. She is a professor of international law and practices immigration and refugee law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back