Pacific Ocean responsible for global warming slowdown

B
Gee, you call scientists "clerics", a creationist tactic. How original. You know, I don't see you complaining that only brain surgeons understand the intricacies of brain surgery. But I guess in your small mind, they are clerics too, eh?

Brain surgeons don't make the tools they use, or even understand the methods of making them.

Are you sure about that? Because I know a couple of brain surgeons who would disagree with that claim.

IanC said:
Climate scientists have been under a constant barrage of criticism over their mistaken use of statistical methods unfit for the purpose.

And yet I have seen only ONE published paper that makes this claim, written years ago by creationist McIntyre, a paper that was shown to make not one bit of difference in the result about which he was complaining.

when was the last time a brain surgeon made his own scalpels, ground the lenses for his eyewear, made his own MRI machine, developed and produced his own drugs, etc?

Brain surgeons rarely use scapels these days, Ian. This isn't the 19th century, dude. And yes, they design many of their tools these days. Why? Because they are the only ones with the necessary knowledge to know what they friggin need.

Ian said:
O - you seem very unknowledgeable about statistical criticisms. why was Gergis withdrawn? Steig, Kaufmann, Marcott, etc, etc. but especially Mann. do you honestly believe what you said? or are you just repeating someone else's talking point that has no comparison to reality? you need to read more than Real Climate and SkepticalScience.

I don't tend to read those web sites. In case you weren't aware, there are scientific periodicals that contain the actual scientific papers. But I do keep up with current events. So a couple of papers get revised. So what? Name a profession where this never occurs. Better yet. Name one that got revised due to the peer reviewed work of one of your denier buddies.

Okay. Which periodicals or journals do you subscribe to? It should be easy enough to verify your access to sequestered information.

Erm, Ian. Have you ever heard of libraries? You should visit one sometime.

B
That's when he figures the new record for warmest year evah will be announced. Every year is the warmest ever but somehow the Pause continues. Postnormal math and science. Only the clerics can understand the intricacies involved.

Gee, you call scientists "clerics", a creationist tactic. How original. You know, I don't see you complaining that only brain surgeons understand the intricacies of brain surgery. But I guess in your small mind, they are clerics too, eh?

Brain surgeons don't make the tools they use, or even understand the methods of making them.

Are you sure about that? Because I know a couple of brain surgeons who would disagree with that claim.

IanC said:
Climate scientists have been under a constant barrage of criticism over their mistaken use of statistical methods unfit for the purpose.

And yet I have seen only ONE published paper that makes this claim, written years ago by creationist McIntyre, a paper that was shown to make not one bit of difference in the result about which he was complaining.

when was the last time a brain surgeon made his own scalpels, ground the lenses for his eyewear, made his own MRI machine, developed and produced his own drugs, etc?

Brain surgeons rarely use scapels these days, Ian. This isn't the 19th century, dude. And yes, they design many of their tools these days. Why? Because they are the only ones with the necessary knowledge to know what they friggin need.

Ian said:
O - you seem very unknowledgeable about statistical criticisms. why was Gergis withdrawn? Steig, Kaufmann, Marcott, etc, etc. but especially Mann. do you honestly believe what you said? or are you just repeating someone else's talking point that has no comparison to reality? you need to read more than Real Climate and SkepticalScience.

I don't tend to read those web sites. In case you weren't aware, there are scientific periodicals that contain the actual scientific papers. But I do keep up with current events. So a couple of papers get revised. So what? Name a profession where this never occurs. Better yet. Name one that got revised due to the peer reviewed work of one of your denier buddies.
sounds like the brain surgeons you know have a very high insurance plan, and I wonder if their patients know that the tools are hand made by their own physician. Can you say scary?????? What a dolt.

B

IanC said:

Ian said:

Okay. Which periodicals or journals do you subscribe to? It should be easy enough to verify your access to sequestered information.

Riggggggght.

Now you want us to believe you get your climate science information from sitting in the library.

Whatever. Plausible deniability.

BAre you sure about that? Because I know a couple of brain surgeons who would disagree with that claim.

Ian said:

Riggggggght.

Now you want us to believe you get your climate science information from sitting in the library.

it's called free wifi for his computer! LOL again, what a dolt!

B

IanC said:

Ian said:

sounds like the brain surgeons you know have a very high insurance plan, and I wonder if their patients know that the tools are hand made by their own physician. Can you say scary?????? What a dolt.

Researchers Develop New Tool to Help Brain Surgeons in Operating Room- BWH Bulletin - For and about the People of Brigham and Women s Hospital

Now don't you feel like an idiot?

BAre you sure about that? Because I know a couple of brain surgeons who would disagree with that claim.

Ian said:

Riggggggght.

Don't project your lack of posterior functionality on others. Just because you can't get off your arse and visit a library doesn't mean that others are like you.

Ian said:

Riggggggght.

Obviously, you haven't been to a library in a long time - you know, the ones that already have computers available. But then, your remark is irrelevant, since the periodicals are readily accessible there in PRINT.

B

IanC said:

Ian said:

Researchers Develop New Tool to Help Brain Surgeons in Operating Room- BWH Bulletin - For and about the People of Brigham and Women s Hospital

Well just reading the title tells me you lied, it says Researchers develop new tool, not Brain Surgeon. Didn't you say they made their own? I think you must have been looking in a mirror when you typed the line about being an idiot. Right?

Riggggggght.

Obviously, you haven't been to a library in a long time - you know, the ones that already have computers available. But then, your remark is irrelevant, since the periodicals are readily accessible there in PRINT.
what's the name of the library? I'll give them a call and find out if that's accurate.

Ian said:

Well just reading the title tells me you lied, it says Researchers develop new tool, not Brain Surgeon. Didn't you say they made their own? I think you must have been looking in a mirror when you typed the line about being an idiot. Right?

Well, bubba, you have to read the article. Now, I understand that you have a problem with big words, but if you had actually read the article (keeping a dictionary handy so you can understand the big words) you would have discovered that those researchers, all of them, are neuroscientists.

jc456 said:
what's the name of the library? I'll give them a call and find out if that's accurate.

University of Louisville Ekstrom Library. Go for it.

Yeah, it's all a fucking conspiracy, ain't it?

In the earliest annals of human history, the tribesman looked to the smoke billowing from the mountain and was afraid. Along comes the village Shaman who declares "the volcano god is angry."

"What can we do?" Ask the villagers?

"You must bring me the best of your crops, you must bring me the best of your goats, you must give me your virgin daughters."

The Shaman lives like a god, raping the daughters and then throwing them into the volcano, gorging on fine grains and meat, then throwing the excess into the volcano while the villagers starve to death.

Now the volcano is real, and it might or might not be a danger.

BUT the Shaman sure the fuck has no knowledge of it, and absolutely has no control. The sacrifices of the villagers have no effect on the volcano and only serve the shaman.

You see, the fraud, this con, this scam of yours is nothing new. Yes, you can get ignorant people to fall for it, but it's the oldest con in the book - quite literally.

You do get points for creativity though..

GLOBAL WARMING DIDN'T STOP IN 1998.

But if it did - then it's the fault of the ocean... :rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

IT'S the hottest year EVAH..

But if you notice we cooked the books and fraudulently altered past temperatures to shore up our current bullshit - then blame it on that rascally Pacific Ocean... :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

AGW is almost as "real" as professional wrestling.

From the looks of things, however, they haven't gotten HASN'T gotten "ignorant people to fall for it". Those who have "fallen" for it are the most knowledgeable in the field. Those who reject it come almost unanimously from the ranks of the ignorant.

I think it's funny that the Pacific hasnt warmed in the last decade and they are making a fuss over a warm spot while the Atlantic has warmed over the last decade and they're making a fuss over a cool spot. hahaha

How about all them Cat 5 Hurricanes making landfall in the USA because Gullible Warming warmed the Atlantic ocean

yup, Mother Nature is mocking their predictions.

Hurricane Katrina was a turning point for J Curry. She had been working with Trenberth ( I think) and their data didnt show any correlation with AGW, yet he turned around and gave a public statement that it was.

She has a good quote somewhere that goes something like, "skeptics didnt woo me to their side, warmers pushed me away".

Forum List

Back