PA USSC Embraces Expansion Of Corrupt Mail-In Ballot Voting Abandoned My Most Other Nations

Mail in voting has been used by states for decades with no issues raised until the great-orange-savior lost his re-election bid. Then, all the sudden, fraud was everywhere.
Bingo.

Ignorant jerkoffs like the topic starter are completely in the dark about this.

That is for absentee voting.

The GOP in the PA legislature made sure to keep absentee voting and "mail in voting" two distinct and separate things when they passed their law they are now fighting because they lost an election.

Thus the PASC has ruled and it is done and over with.

You are free to ruminate on it till the day you die, but it will not change. There is no one else to look at it.

You can pretend that's the case, but it's not. Section 14 is clear, if you can't attend your proper polling place, you have to have a valid reason to vote by an alternative method.

4. Method of elections; secrecy in voting.

All elections by the citizens shall be by ballot or by such other method as may be prescribed by law: Provided, That secrecy in voting be preserved.

Mail in ballots are another method the law making authority in Pa made.

See post 62.

You can pretend that's the case, but it's not. Section 14 is clear, if you can't attend your proper polling place, you have to have a valid reason to vote by an alternative method.

The GOP in the PA legislature made sure to keep absentee voting and "mail in voting" two distinct and separate things when they passed their law.

Nothing you can say will change this fact.

...due to precedence and potential for voter fraud and corruption.

Instead of making elections safer and re-instilling confidence in the legal status, integrity, and reliability of US elections, the PA USSC decided to go the other way and set up a potential repeat of the last election controversy.

"In the two years since, county and state administrators and election experts have mostly agreed on the best ways to make sure those problems don’t happen again. Two of the most common solutions are changing state law to give counties more time to tabulate ballots, and to clarify exactly which ballots should and shouldn’t be counted.

Despite the state legislature spending a lot of time in the past two years discussing elections, however, those things haven’t happened....

the outcome is going to be predictable: another cycle of delays and baseless fraud claims."

“Just as I knew it was coming in 2020, we’re going to see it again,” he said. “The legislature knows it, and they’re not doing a damn thing to fix it.

That's called 'intentional', no desire to change because you liked the results you got last time doing it.

Why fix what ain't broke ... for YOUR side.
"We find no restriction in our Constitution on the General Assembly's ability to create universal mail-in voting," wrote Justice Christine Donohue in the majority opinion.

Bear in mind. Absentee voting/mail in voting...has always been how the military votes because they move so often.

It was also predominantly a REPUBLICAN method of voting...until it became popular with Dems because of covid.

Also...the law in question was enacted in 2019 and the guy now opposing it voted for it

The GOP in the PA legislature made sure to keep absentee voting and "mail in voting" two distinct and separate things when they passed their law.

Nothing you can say will change this fact.

Your comrade in post 65 seems to be saying that's distinction without a difference.

Your comrade in post 65 seems to be saying that's distinction without a difference.

Who gives a fuck what they are saying, the only thing that matters is that the PA legislature thought there was a difference and the PASC agrees there is.

Absentee Mail-in voting where the voter requests the ballot and the ballot is sent in and counted before Election days is acceptable Mail In voting.

What is not a acceptable is when the government initiates the ballot and sends to the voter(s) based on voting registers that have not been cleaned up in years. Further, these votes are being counted well after Election Day.

Too many flaws and risks with the second scenario. You want mail in Balloting then stick with absentee balloting where the ballots are cast and counted before Election Day.

What is not a acceptable is when the government initiates the ballot and sends to the voter(s) based on voting registers that have not been cleaned up in years. Further, these votes are being counted well after Election Day. Too many flaws and risks with the second scenario

Yet in all the states that sent out ballots to everyone, only one was even questioned as far as the validity of the outcome.

You want mail in Balloting then stick with absentee balloting where the ballots are cast and counted before Election Day.

They should be counted like any other ballot. I am good with them not being accepted after election day. One of the big mistakes states made was not allowing them to be processed till after the end of the election. Though I suspect this was by design so they could have the appearance of fraud if they lost.

Absentee Mail-in voting where the voter requests the ballot and the ballot is sent in and counted before Election days is acceptable Mail In voting.

What is not a acceptable is when the government initiates the ballot and sends to the voter(s) based on voting registers that have not been cleaned up in years. Further, these votes are being counted well after Election Day.

Too many flaws and risks with the second scenario. You want mail in Balloting then stick with absentee balloting where the ballots are cast and counted before Election Day.
Did you know that in the swing states Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin ALL required the absentee ballot be individually requested by the voter, for the presidential election?

Not one ballot was mailed to a registered voter just Willy Nilly?

Did you know that under Michigan and Pennsylvania election law, absentee votes could NOT be counted until AFTER the in person voting ended.

Did YOU KNOW the Democrats in their legislature put up a Bill to change that law, so that mail in/absentee ballots could be counted before the election was over, like many other states and the Republican legislatures in those two states voted it DOWN? REPUBLICANS VOTED IT DOWN....why did they do that....? Why oh why?

...due to precedence and potential for voter fraud and corruption.

Instead of making elections safer and re-instilling confidence in the legal status, integrity, and reliability of US elections, the PA USSC decided to go the other way and set up a potential repeat of the last election controversy.

"In the two years since, county and state administrators and election experts have mostly agreed on the best ways to make sure those problems don’t happen again. Two of the most common solutions are changing state law to give counties more time to tabulate ballots, and to clarify exactly which ballots should and shouldn’t be counted.

Despite the state legislature spending a lot of time in the past two years discussing elections, however, those things haven’t happened....

the outcome is going to be predictable: another cycle of delays and baseless fraud claims."

“Just as I knew it was coming in 2020, we’re going to see it again,” he said. “The legislature knows it, and they’re not doing a damn thing to fix it.

That's called 'intentional', no desire to change because you liked the results you got last time doing it.

Why fix what ain't broke ... for YOUR side.

The PA Legislature should be tarred and feathered, absolute dereliction of duty. I suspect a few were bribed or bought

Pa was not a GOP issue - never was. It was changing rules in the middle of an election, longer open polls for some, and of course the illegal, criminally used drop boxes that got stuffed. It was Democrats fighting to keep from allowing voting rosters to ve updated, etc...

As usual, Dems / snowflakes falsely accused others of who THEY are and of doing what they have done & still do.

Wait......
Are you actually crying about tyrants doing what tyrants do ?

Gee, it's as if you live in a fantasy world where you think tyrants care about your laws or right and wrong.
This BS has never once stopped or even slowed down tyrants.

The Founding Fathers told you how to stop tyrants and gave you the tools to do so.
Blame yourself if you're too chickenshit to man up and actually do something.

Here is the real problem...cowardly conservatives
I side with Conservatives, I vote with Conservatives BUT they are the most nutless, spineless, big mouth pieces of worthless dogshit that ever were. They sat on their hands and turned a blind eye to the emergence of fucked in the head leftists. They empowered the Left, they allowed them to write and enforce the PC programming.
The Left told them what they could say, how and what to think and they rolled over and complied with a smile. “Conservatives” didn’t have the balls to keep heterosexual white Christian males cool in a nation founded, built, run and funded by heterosexual white Christian males.
The Left has owned their sackless asses for decades....FUCK traditional Conservatives!

The PA Legislature should be tarred and feathered, absolute dereliction of duty. I suspect a few were bribed or bought

Frank.....
The REAL dereliction of duty is you and me. The Rightwing.
Tyrants have been around since the dawn of time and it has ALWAYS been up to brave people to stop them.

As long as we continue deflecting blame, we will continue to do nothing.
We (the conservative Right Wing) MUST accept the blame for allowing tyranny.
We are the only ones who can fix things. If we don't, tyrants win.

Yet in all the states that sent out ballots to everyone, only one was even questioned as far as the validity of the outcome.

They should be counted like any other ballot. I am good with them not being accepted after election day. One of the big mistakes states made was not allowing them to be processed till after the end of the election. Though I suspect this was by design so they could have the appearance of fraud if they lost.
Regardless Olof one or 50 states questioned the outcome of the last election, I view the absentee model answering all of the voting rights concerns and arguments from liberals and Democrats (which I am on board with) whereas the proactive mail-in model introduced in 2020 introduces more doubt and risk.

Did you know that in the swing states Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin ALL required the absentee ballot be individually requested by the voter, for the presidential election?

Not one ballot was mailed to a registered voter just Willy Nilly?

Did you know that under Michigan and Pennsylvania election law, absentee votes could NOT be counted until AFTER the in person voting ended.

Did YOU KNOW the Democrats in their legislature put up a Bill to change that law, so that mail in/absentee ballots could be counted before the election was over, like many other states and the Republican legislatures in those two states voted it DOWN? REPUBLICANS VOTED IT DOWN....why did they do that....? Why oh why?
I am not rehashing the 2020 Election nor am I necessarily making this a Republican vs. Democrat issue. I am looking solely at the two mail I. models and assessing which one is more secure and offers more integrity and validation.

Regardless Olof one or 50 states questioned the outcome of the last election, I view the absentee model answering all of the voting rights concerns and arguments from liberals and Democrats (which I am on board with) whereas the proactive mail-in model introduced in 2020 introduces more doubt and risk.

But it was not introduced in 2020. Some states have been doing it for more than a decade and nobody cared

The PA Republican Majority? Paid off by whom? Trump? So when he loses AGAIN in 2024, y'all can scream about fraud when it takes days to count the absentee ballots after the in person voting is over on election day?

Forum List

Back