"Ozark" Season 3 - Queries [SPOILER ALERT!]

Overall suggestion for Ozark Creators: I would LOVE to see Wendy and Marty in more appealing outfits! Wendy frequently looks unnecessarily frumpy (in all aspects of clothing - shoes, pants, tops). Marty needs more variety - how about mixing in khakis, jeans and/or some dress pants? And please reduce the number of plaid shirts he wears!! Throw in a golf shirt and some shorts occasionally, especially when it's summertime at the lake. His current "uniform" is getting on my nerves and has got to go!
What should Ruth wear?
I think Ruth's wardrobe has been appropriate for her character. If I'm remembering correctly, her look hasn't involved too much repetition or a formulaic approach (like Marty's straight pants/plaid shirts).
Marty is trying to “fit in” with the locals
Dressing in Dockers and a polo shirt won’t cut it

OK, I have binged all of Season 3 after being somewhat surprised that there WAS a Season 3; I thought it was "over" after Season 2. But they have certainly laid the groundwork for Season 4, if the popularity prompts the network to pay for it.

On Season 3, I commend the writers for transitioning the teens - and especially the obligatory insufferable teenage daughter - into real people who were more than simply irritants, as such characters tend to be in modern broadcast fiction.

The story line remains beyond my ken, as I cannot even conceive of a "Mexican" drug operation that generates many hundreds of thousands of dollars per day in illicit profits needing to be laundered, but I either accept it or suspend my disbelief, as one might express it. With a spouse whose career (she is retired) was all bound up with a bank ANTI-money laundering protocols, we are cool with the activity of Marty Byrde, and for the most part his actions are true to life. But to be critical - just for fun - I have a few bones to pick with the writers:

It is inconceivable to me that Marty, Wendy, and Ruth were not ALL carrying concealed firearms ALL THE TIME after the events of Seasons 1 and 2. Especially since they have at their fingertips the means to dispose of any stray cadavers at any time, I just cannot believe that they went through this period unarmed.

Wendy's brother [played by Tom Pelphrey] was often toooooo crazy to be believed. The plot line that he, though crazy, is the only one who sees things as they are, is clever, but his persistently doing things that obviously place the entire Byrde family and Ruth (his beloved) in mortal danger - was too much to accept.

Why was Ruth still living in that dilapidated old trailer? She had to be making good money.

For others who have seen it what do you think? Do you agree with me that it was worth watching?
/——/ I grew up in the south and the characters are completely believable. And billions a year in drug money needs to be laundered otherwise you can’t admit where it comes from. Latin American Herald Tribune - Drug Cartels Make $64 Billion a Year from U.S., Mexican Says

How they got all those character actors is amazing. Although the opium farmer is a Brit.

I thought it was an insightful observation: that Del got shot because of his redneck comment. How careless and inconsiderate of him.

Forum List

Back