Oy. Millenials getting mental due to climate change!

:ack-1::ack-1:.....Holy Mother of God.

We are starting to get some real operational definitions of " snowflake"

Young people blame climate change for their small 401(k) balances

So let me get this straight? Young people are going to make no retirement plans based upon some computer models?:abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg:

Dang.....you cant make this up!! God help my kids having to navigate through life around so many mental cases!:gtssmiley2::gtssmiley2:
I'm just thinking outloud here, but maybe the reason their 401Ks are small because,...... they have limited deposits into them. I'm just saying, it took me forty years for my retirement. they think they get to retire right after starting work? hahaahahahahahahahaa

There is also a big gender divide between men and women in their 401K's even for similarly situated parties with similar contributions. Women are risk adverse and will invest in funds that are the safest and therefore low performers. Men just shorthand to the funds that look like they have the highest returns and dump everything there regardless of the risk. When it tanks, they will move to the next best returns, etc. As a result men accumulate way more for retirement

So let me get this straight? Young people are going to make no retirement plans based upon some computer models?:abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg:

Dang.....you cant make this up!! God help my kids having to navigate through life around so many mental cases!:gtssmiley2::gtssmiley2:
Nope, that is not what the article states..
Meanwhile, two-thirds of millennials — defined by Pew as the generation born between 1981 and 1996 — have nothing saved for retirement, according to the National Institute on Retirement Security. The millennials who are saving had an average balance of $25,500 and were contributing 7.3% of their paychecks as of the second quarter of 2018, figures from Fidelity showed. While most millennials say they are not saving because they simply can’t afford to, for others it’s about the feeling that they may not have a future to save for, says Matt Fellowes, chief executive officer of United Income, an online retirement investment platform based in Washington, D.C.

From the article posted by the OP

"Millennials are also said to suffer from “eco-anxiety,” according to a 2018 report from the American Psychological Association, with 72% saying their emotional well-being is affected by the inevitability of climate change..."

eco-anxiety, WTH is this? How could anyone speak about "eco-anxiety" with straight face? The Millenials with this "condition" need help.
It's called FOMO(Fear of Missing Out) Each generation has its own expectations of existence.

How stupid is that?

All the more reason to accrue enough wealth to build your citadel where dry land is predicted.

There is also a big gender divide between men and women in their 401K's even for similarly situated parties with similar contributions. Women are risk adverse and will invest in funds that are the safest and therefore low performers. Men just shorthand to the funds that look like they have the highest returns and dump everything there regardless of the risk. When it tanks, they will move to the next best returns, etc. As a result men accumulate way more for retirement
actually, I hired a financial advisor who provides me with stocks to purchase, mutual funds. I work for a living, they do investing for a living for people like us.

I went to the fridge last night and there was only one beer left.
Damn-you-climate-change.jpg

I went to the fridge last night and there was only one beer left.
Damn-you-climate-change.jpg
How did Bernie make his millions then? he is top climate change warmer.

I'm just thinking outloud here, but maybe the reason their 401Ks are small because,...... they have limited deposits into them. I'm just saying, it took me forty years for my retirement. they think they get to retire right after starting work? hahaahahahahahahahaa
What, you mean Millennials living only for the moment and not planning for the future? What kind of crazy talk is that? They need must have tattoos, piercings, the latest fashion ware, the best vape gadgets, a hundred thousand in student loan debt for a degree in women's studies, the latest gizmo for the car!

What, you mean Millennials living only for the moment and not planning for the future? What kind of crazy talk is that? They need must have tattoos, piercings, the latest fashion ware, the best vape gadgets, a hundred thousand in student loan debt for a degree in women's studies, the latest gizmo for the car!
they have to have what I earned over forty years in one year and cry foul if they don't. this is the perfect example.

actually, I hired a financial advisor who provides me with stocks to purchase, mutual funds. I work for a living, they do investing for a living for people like us.

People who primarily plan through their 401K are stuck with whoever their employer contracts with like T. Rowe Price or whomever. Often they don't have a lot of choices there. To directly manage stock purchases through your 401K can be a bit of a pain in the ass, and you still have to pay brokerage fees on those, so you might as well open an account with cap one or whoever and cut out the 401K with that or else you will be eaten alive with low volume $7 trades.

People who primarily plan through their 401K are stuck with whoever their employer contracts with like T. Rowe Price or whomever. Often they don't have a lot of choices there. To directly manage stock purchases through your 401K can be a bit of a pain in the ass, and you still have to pay brokerage fees on those, so you might as well open an account with cap one or whoever and cut out the 401K with that or else you will be eaten alive with low volume $7 trades.
yep. And I gave my financial rep all of the information and asked for his guidance. large caps, small caps percentages here and percentages there, made almost 10% growth per year, less in 2008, but still had growth.

Forum List

Back