OWS More Popular Than GOP Congress and Tea Party

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMV0TR3pGzg&feature=player_embedded]Former Soviet Citizen in Dust Up with the Useful Idiots of OWS - YouTube[/ame]

How many people work for the major corporations in America?

10% or so?

true... halfway.

I work for a publically traded company. But I have about 100 vendors I buy from that are small companies run out of small shops. A couple of them I represent their most important account.

So essentially, while only 10% of us work for "major corporations", they have an incredible impact on the rest of the economy.

No doubt about that, Joe.

I'm guessing that they represent more than 75% of the national GDP.

But they do so using far less employees (even including their second tier suppliers) than the rest of the nation combined.

And in many cases the big capital corporations treat their emplyees like disposable tools.

So even if workers are employed by major corporations, many of them aren't really allied to their employers.

Hourly just below full time workers without health care, or other benefits who are working less than full time for example.

They have no affection for their exploiters.

They know perfectly well they are not living inside the protective caccoon of their corporate masters.

They have no affinity with the system as it current stands.

Like I say the tools that are well taken care of, the house servants if you will are outnumbered greatly by the field hands that are struggling to make it in America.

10% or so?

true... halfway.

I work for a publically traded company. But I have about 100 vendors I buy from that are small companies run out of small shops. A couple of them I represent their most important account.

So essentially, while only 10% of us work for "major corporations", they have an incredible impact on the rest of the economy.

But they do so using far less employees (even including their second tier suppliers) than the rest of the nation combined.

And in many cases the big capital corporations treat their emplyees like disposable tools.

So even if workers are employed by major corporations, many of them aren't really allied to their employers.

Hourly just below full time workers without health care, or other benefits who are working less than full time for example.

They know perfectly well they are not living inside the protective caccoon of their corporate masters.

Like I say the tools that are well taken care of, the house servants if you will are outnumbered greatly by the field hands that are struggling to make it in America.

Excellent comment. I have a family member who is a department boss in the underwriting group in a major corp on Wall Street, and she tells me that her company's rank and file (making less than 200K) fully support OWS. Very quietly, of course.

OWS cannot be stopped.

true... halfway.

Excellent comment. I have a family member who is a department boss in the underwriting group in a major corp on Wall Street, and she tells me that her company's rank and file (making less than 200K) fully support OWS. Very quietly, of course.

OWS cannot be stopped.

No, it cannot be stopped...exactly.

But if history is any guide it will be deflected, parced into different groups, where some are bought off, while others (the majority) are left to hang in the economic winds of change.

Believe me, people who lived though the civil rights, the anti-war and then the feminist movements has seen happen before.

The masters are not stupid.

They know how to divide and conquer populist movements.

10% or so?

true... halfway.

Alas, as with so many guesses on behalf of the OWS movement, yours is grossly inaccurate.

..... small businesses produced half of private nonfarm GDP

http://archive.sba.gov/advo/research/rs299tot.pdf

OWS cannot be stopped.

No, it cannot be stopped...exactly.

But if history is any guide it will be deflected, parced into different groups, where some are bought off, while others (the majority) are left to hang in the economic winds of change.

Believe me, people who lived though the civil rights, the anti-war and then the feminist movements has seen happen before.

The masters are not stupid.

They know how to divide and conquer populist movements.

Yet change came despite the "divide and conquer" efforts by power elites.

So signficant change will come for the better because of OWS.

Like Obama himself, his OWS movement is anti-Semitic and is only waiting for the go ahead from Obama to launch a modern Kristallnacht

The Shitters at OWS see polls that indicate that a majority is unhappy with the way government is going. They ASSUME this means that the same majority supports their views. They refuse to consider that the majority unhappy with the government is unhappy with that government's leftist progress. It's always a surprise when leftist causes lose.

I know right? It's almost like they think that the majority of Americans supported the OWS protester who took a shit on the patrol car, they will bend the numbers and sway opinion anyway they can to make it look like people approve of the ignorance being spewed by the left.

Grunt and Tipsy don't get they are in the very small and ever more ineffective group of Americans concerning OWS. The movement grows, and the whiners have no effect on its growth.

I know right? It's almost like they think that the majority of Americans supported the OWS protester who took a shit on the patrol car

No OWS protester has been proven to have taken a shit on a patrol car.

Polls do show that a majority of Americans are with Occupy on the issues. Sorry, but that, unlike a protester shitting on a patrol car, is a fact.

I know right? It's almost like they think that the majority of Americans supported the OWS protester who took a shit on the patrol car

No OWS protester has been proven to have taken a shit on a patrol car.

Polls do show that a majority of Americans are with Occupy on the issues. Sorry, but that, unlike a protester shitting on a patrol car, is a fact.

The last poll results I saw show the majority of Americans haven't the foggiest idea what issues you're talking about: However, if they include wanting More Money, then yes, I suppose that is an "issue" most can agree.

:eusa_hand:

I also want more ice cream.

The 1% will soon want more bailouts.

"If you want more evidence, consider the fancy footwork by Bank of America in recent days. Hit by a credit downgrade last month, BofA just moved its riskiest derivatives from its Merrill Lynch unit to a retail subsidiary flush with insured deposits.

"That unit has a higher credit rating because the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (that is, you and me and other taxpayers) are backing the deposits. Result: BofA improves its bottom line at the expense of American taxpayers."

Robert Reich (Wall Street is Still Out of Control, and Why Obama Should Call for Glass-Steagall and a Breakup of Big Banks)

2011-10-19-IMG_0105.JPG

Keith Boykin: Everything The Media Told You About Occupy Wall Street Is Wrong

humm quandary for me as a ponder your 'post';

a) do you realize that you are expose yourself for using that pic in particular?

b)are imbecile enough to think that that is a flattering representation of a black person taking part in OWS,

c) imbecile AND closet racist.

I opt for C.

some native American you are:LOL:

The last poll results I saw show the majority of Americans haven't the foggiest idea what issues you're talking about.

That was a poll on support for the movement itself. I was talking about support for the issues it represents. Here:

New Poll Shows Americans Want Less Corporate Influence in Politics | People For the American Way Blog

85% say corporations have too much influence on government

Study: Most Americans want wealth distribution similar to Sweden | The Raw Story

92% want an income distribution in this country more like Sweden's, believing income gaps are far too large

Those are the two main issues behind the Occupy movement. They are supported by large majorities of the population. That's the real reason why the movement has resonated the way it has.

The last poll results I saw show the majority of Americans haven't the foggiest idea what issues you're talking about.

That was a poll on support for the movement itself. I was talking about support for the issues it represents. Here:

New Poll Shows Americans Want Less Corporate Influence in Politics | People For the American Way Blog

85% say corporations have too much influence on government

Study: Most Americans want wealth distribution similar to Sweden | The Raw Story

92% want an income distribution in this country more like Sweden's, believing income gaps are far too large

Those are the two main issues behind the Occupy movement. They are supported by large majorities of the population. That's the real reason why the movement has resonated the way it has.

Indeed: support for "issues it represents."

Like I said, if an "issue" is wanting more money, then I would expect most sane Americans to agree with that issue.

If the "issue" is not being aware of income distribution in the USA, then again, I'm not surprised: Many Americans don't know who the VP of the USA is.

If the "issue" is corporate influance on government, I'm also not surprised: any more than I would be astonished to find most think fire is "hot."

The "Occupy Movement" is nothing more than a very small group of disgruntled, unemployed individuals. Even the authors of your wealth distribution study note that

though there may be widespread agreement about income inequality, there is no agreement on what caused it or what should be done about it.

Last edited:
OWS is a sham... it's a centrally organized movement, paying off people, providing food services even in NYC, and now, the OWSers are pissed because those wretched homeless are showing up for free food and others are stealing their belongings.

Classic....

If the "issue" is not being aware of income distribution in the USA, then again, I'm not surprised: Many Americans don't know who the VP of the USA is.

If the "issue" is corporate influance on government, I'm also not surprised: any more than I would be astonished to find most think fire is "hot."

No, that most people would think corporate America has too much influence on the government isn't a "fire is hot" sort of foregone conclusion. There are, after all, people who DON'T think big business has too much influence -- some on this board, in fact. That such a large majority of the people think they do is a very significant datum.

Likewise the attitude that income gaps are too wide. And it's not a case of people being "unaware" of income distribution in the U.S. (although that's also true; most people think it's less lopsided than it actually is, and they STILL want it to be narrower), but that people are implicitly approving the idea of redistributing the wealth.

The "Occupy Movement" is nothing more than a very small group of disgruntled, unemployed individuals.

It is not small and most of the participants aren't unemployed.

I understand the desire to put it down, but you should be taking this quite seriously. It's already made a huge difference in the course of politics, just by shifting the topics of conversation away from how to cut government spending and onto how to provide prosperity for everyone and correct the maldistribution of wealth in this country. That's put progressive ideas and goals on the table, whereas before this they were off of it.

It's also begun the process of severing the Democratic Party from the big business nipple. Already, just in response to the very tepid endorsements given by Obama and the somewhat more sincere ones given by a few other Democrats, Wall Street has largely stopped the cash flow into the Obama campaign. So while YOU may think it doesn't amount to much, clearly the big shots on the Street don't agree with you.

If the Democrats were to become a genuinely progressive party again in response to Occupy, they would win the 2012 election in a landslide, just as they did in 2008 when they only pretended to be. I don't know yet if that will happen, but because of Occupy it is now a possibility. By 2016 it will become a certainty.

Forum List

Back