Own a 2011-2015 5.7 Hemi? You might want to read this.

People still buy Jeep/Dodge/Chrysler? SMH.
/—-/ When I was a kid, my uncles said, never buy a Chrysler product. All manufacturers pay the same to build a car, but Chrysler only spends money on what shows, like the finish, interior stuff like that, they cut corners where the owner can’t see like the underpinnings, they substitute plastic clips for nuts and bolts others use. They use inferior metal for the engine. As you put on miles, the cheap pistons wear and you get piston slap. The dealer will say “Hey, it’s noisy but it runs.” That’s why I never owned a Chrysler. That was in the 1960s. Today, Jeeps are cool looking but they are unreliable.

/—-/ When I was a kid, my uncles said, never buy a Chrysler product. All manufacturers pay the same to build a car, but Chrysler only spends money on what shows, like the finish, interior stuff like that, they cut corners where the owner can’t see like the underpinnings, they substitute plastic clips for nuts and bolts others use. They use inferior metal for the engine. As you put on miles, the cheap pistons wear and you get piston slap. The dealer will say “Hey, it’s noisy but it runs.” That’s why I never owned a Chrysler. That was in the 1960s. Today, Jeeps are cool looking but they are unreliable.

It's the same as buying a travel trailer.
You can buy 20k 20 footers all day long....you want quality you buy a Lance thats double the price.

[/QUOTE]
The worst reliability of all US based car companies.[/QUOTE]
Based on my current experience, I sadly have to agree.
I will gives kudos to the dealer I bought it from. They stood behind their promise.

Last edited:
Another story on cheap plastic part, same vechicle.
Passenger blend door gear in climate control failed. Blew hot air on passenger with AC, blew cold during heat. Cheap 20 buck plastic part. Half the dash had to come apart to reach location. Luckily I found information and a good thread with pictures and replaced it myself. Dealer would have charged 1200.
These cheap gears are in all vechicles across all models and companies. Even heard they use them on window actuators in Mercedes

They do have a sharp lineup. Damn Hellcats look sweet as hell. Till it blows.
Need to concentrate on under the hood more.

The Devil is impressive as Fuk!!!!
But to be honest I'd take an Arial Atom myself.

Never heard of it.
But looks cool and fun.
Ariel Atom, Ariel Nomad, Ariel North America Ariel Atom - Ariel North America

Forgot to mention in all of this. Our backup car we decided to keep and has been reliably getting me around the last several weeks, happens to be a 2010 Toyota Corolla. 195K and never has triggered a code.
How ironic, and maybe a sign?
Yeah, a Tundra sounds nice after I pay my money pit off.

Forgot to mention in all of this. Our backup car we decided to keep and has been reliably getting me around the last several weeks, happens to be a 2010 Toyota Corolla. 195K and never has triggered a code.

I love mine!!
The gas milage sucks with the big V8,lift and 35 in. tires.
Thank God for the 38 gallon tank!!!

93F8A657-8C9E-49DC-AA39-463BD0345E65.jpeg

I love mine!!
The gas milage sucks with the big V8,lift and 35 in. tires.
Thank God for the 38 gallon tank!!!

View attachment 288315
Looks like a winner to me.
I could care less about MPG. I need a reliable towing vechicle.
Government can shove their mandates.

Americans want POWER.

Start off with one day at drive thru noticed a loud tick and realized it was my Jeep. Next day MIL light comes on. Stop at auto parts store and read code. P0303, Third cylinder misfire. Single cylinder code.
Try the basics, new coil pack a couple plugs. Code back to #3. Move on to the injectors. Nope.
Move injectors and coils around.
Nope, #3 again. Fairly sure I have no wire issues and Jeep and Dodge forums get real catastrophic from there.
Possible bad valve, or bad lifter destroying cam. Hundreds and hundreds of stories all over the internet of failed Hemi 5.7 lifter/cam issue. Now I was real depressed. Still owe 6K and my Jeep is at 150K.

So I bring it to dealer on the hope they will stand to lifetime powertrain warranty that came with my purchase. I was skeptical from day one that it would ever be honored.
Well, they found I joined the thousands of folks in the Failed Lifter/ Cam club. Lifters on #3 stuck and gouged cam sending metal throughout.
Dealer is now installing new engine and motor mounts and manifolds if they are shot under that lifetime I never imagined I would need. I am relieved and grateful. At that mileage I am stunned.

This issue affects any Hemi 5.7 across all models. The Ram forums had the most stories as they are in more pickups.
Some think its related to MDS system that shuts down four cylinders at cruising. Some think a bad run of lifters or cams. Poor quality after the bailout?
It rears its ugly head as a single cylinder code p030X. Could be any cylinder but 3,5 and 7 seem to be the most popular. If a loud tick is noticed it is already done. Engine runs rough but doesn't fail. Seems innocent at first.
A lot of those stories folks are stuck holding the bag with far lower miles. If a dealer claims lifetime or million mile it really isn't BS. The catch is when repairs reach current value lifetime ends. But keep up on maintaining your ride.
I will be there now except for coverage on new engine.
Link to the many horror stories and some home rebuilds and I hope this doesn't violate rules, just trying to provide info for any Hemi owners.
2011 ram hemi cam/lifter failure
Lol it's common knowledge that Chrysler holds the record for bankruptcies as a result of making crap

Start off with one day at drive thru noticed a loud tick and realized it was my Jeep. Next day MIL light comes on. Stop at auto parts store and read code. P0303, Third cylinder misfire. Single cylinder code.
Try the basics, new coil pack a couple plugs. Code back to #3. Move on to the injectors. Nope.
Nope, #3 again. Fairly sure I have no wire issues and Jeep and Dodge forums get real catastrophic from there.
Possible bad valve, or bad lifter destroying cam. Hundreds and hundreds of stories all over the internet of failed Hemi 5.7 lifter/cam issue. Now I was real depressed. Still owe 6K and my Jeep is at 150K.

So I bring it to dealer on the hope they will stand to lifetime powertrain warranty that came with my purchase. I was skeptical from day one that it would ever be honored.
Well, they found I joined the thousands of folks in the Failed Lifter/ Cam club. Lifters on #3 stuck and gouged cam sending metal throughout.
Dealer is now installing new engine and motor mounts and manifolds if they are shot under that lifetime I never imagined I would need. I am relieved and grateful. At that mileage I am stunned.

This issue affects any Hemi 5.7 across all models. The Ram forums had the most stories as they are in more pickups.
Some think its related to MDS system that shuts down four cylinders at cruising. Some think a bad run of lifters or cams. Poor quality after the bailout?
It rears its ugly head as a single cylinder code p030X. Could be any cylinder but 3,5 and 7 seem to be the most popular. If a loud tick is noticed it is already done. Engine runs rough but doesn't fail. Seems innocent at first.
A lot of those stories folks are stuck holding the bag with far lower miles. If a dealer claims lifetime or million mile it really isn't BS. The catch is when repairs reach current value lifetime ends. But keep up on maintaining your ride.
Link to the many horror stories and some home rebuilds and I hope this doesn't violate rules, just trying to provide info for any Hemi owners.
Lol it's common knowledge that Chrysler holds the record for bankruptcies as a result of making crap
Blame Obama for bailing out the manufacturers when they should have been allowed to fail. He only enabled them to continue failing management and design practices.
I already bailed on GM and Ford years ago due to unreliability, and Chrysler was the last chance I was giving American car companies.
I bought the 2011 since my 96 was the most reliable ride ever. Just didn't work out that way.
Still, I am getting my new free engine and should have my ride today. At least they backed it up.

Blame Obama for bailing out the manufacturers when they should have been allowed to fail. He only enabled them to continue failing management and design practices.
I already bailed on GM and Ford years ago due to unreliability, and Chrysler was the last chance I was giving American car companies.
I bought the 2011 since my 96 was the most reliable ride ever. Just didn't work out that way.
Still, I am getting my new free engine and should have my ride today. At least they backed it up.
Obama was not president the first time Shitler went under, was he?

So what?
He allowed the failing to continue.

So what?
He allowed the failing to continue.
Trump would have done the same thing as the result of not bailing is the japs buy gm and Chrysler factories......

Do you want that?

Forum List

Back