Using the System

badbob85037

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2018
All I wanted was a motor without having to rebuild it. I didn't sign up for this. If I had known O'Reilly Auto was getting it from gearhead motors I would never had done it. Gearhead a.k.a LKQ Corp, a.ka. LKQ Manufacture, a.k.a. ATK Remanufactured Motors, a.k.a. ATK North American has a, at best, shady past of not honoring waranties and can not be trusted. I no longer have to take the word of some of there other customer's because I now live their night mare.

It started at about 300 miles ago while getting off the highway the under-carriage and the right side of my truck was covered with oil. I ran a compression test the right bank looked all right, the left bank was a different story 1 and 3 were down 35 pounds from the right bank, 5 was zero and 7 was 80 which went to 130 on a wet test.

I went to O'Reilly' s on the engine that has a three year warranty and the manager gave me a number to call and to ask for Jason. The first thing Jason said "we only pay for parts but no labor". From this point I knew the kind of company I was dealing with. He then wanted me to preform single cylinder leak down test and others. I was not going to buy test equipment when even a rookie could see blow by plus zero compression is a trashed piston. When I said this was unacceptable he said "you know how those Chevy small blocks are". yep I know how things are. I have owned this truck for 35 years, has never been in a shop, has never left me stranded

That day I pulled the head. A hole in the top of number 5 with scars on the sides of 5 and 7. I took a photo of the left bank and took it to O'Reilly. I told them what Jason told me and the store manager said he would have his supervisor call Jason. Four days latter I had my wife call Jason because I wasn't going to deal with this $&*#. Your new engine was ordered. We will ship it as soon as we get it.

A month latter I get the motor. This gave me the time to remove the motor from my 1974 K10 as I'm not as young as I use to be. The first time I started to realize I had a factory reject is when I was pressing on the damper and half a Heli Coil pulled out of the crank, the last place you want a Heli Coil. I finally got it out the other half and tapped the hole to the next size, 20-3/4". When I went to install the fuel pump I saw something I hadn't ever seen, the hole for the pump rod had been welded shut. This is when I should have stopped knowing how this company lack honor or any type of business ethics but I bought an electric pump.

When I started the motor my vacuum gauge was bouncing 10 to 15 PSI very fast. I knew right away I had just been bent over by gearhead again. I checked the timing then brought the rpm up to 2,000 for 20 minutes as per their policy. This is suppose to be a fresh rebuild. I then ran a compression test, average about 165 psi. Then I got to number 3, 115 dry and 115 wet When number 5 went 160 psi maybe it's just a stuck valve But I'm dealing with gearhead.7 was worse 108 dry and 157 wet.

Yes, it was jury rigged together. Yes, it has bad rings. Yes, it has bad valves. Yes, I'm ready to go postal. Yes, they should be paying my labor. Either one of two things, all gearhead motors fail or they sent another basket case that could be seen when I started to assemble it. Now when I contact them they will say I CAUSED IT and in a way I did. Only some one on the same mental level of Joe Biden would deal with gearhead or any of the other 4 names their company go by.

Gee sure wish I could get these tweeks back like my x-wife when I fired my lawyers, went pro per, and won full custody of my 7 year old daughter then got her lawyer disbarred. I know! The small claims court! Not only will I get a full refund I'll take it easy on them only charging $1200 in labor, all the parts I bought, court cost, and filing fees. Isn't America great? Using the system to get what's mine and you democRats get to use the system to get what's mine too.

Attachments

• 20171101_132312.jpg
    20171101_132312.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 20171101_132318.jpg
    20171101_132318.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 20170405_193628.jpg
    20170405_193628.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 39
You bought a shitty parts house motor, but you seem to be mad at democrats because of it. Most would say you are nuts, but I know you are exactly the kind of batshit crazy idiot that deserves to buy a shitty motor. Karma is a bitch, right? I hope you forget to put the drain plug back in the pan before you crank it up.

New Topics

Forum List

Back