Over 40 Years Combat Service, Nuts, all of you

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
Where did "40 years combat experience" as related to me ever come from? I've certainly never claimed that. I've never claimed simple "Military" experience for that length of time either. Where in the world did you come up with that number?

You may question my credentials and that's fine with me. But don't spread lies and claim that I said it or anything like it.

Just for the record:
Viet Nam 1969-1972
*Home based Out Of South Korea* 1969 - 1972
Grenada 1983
Panama 1989
Persian Gulf 1990 - 1991

I JOINED in 1968. I retired in 1991. In addition, I had an 11 year break in service, 1972 - 1983. That's quite a few years less than the "40 years" bullshit that's being tossed around in this forum about me. If you can't tell the truth, lie, lie and lie and never admit the truth. A fairly prominent Republican politician told me that years ago. He didn't effect me but it's clear his message was well received by many of my detractors including a few that post here.

I'll also repeat here that I held elective office for 21 years. Some of those years overlapped my military experience as do many politicians that are now serving as both elected officers and military volunteers. Some of you folks have definitely got problems with me personally or you are just ranting.

I apologize if I've offended anyone here that has not previously offended me, but the truth must be told. I've never claimed once that I have "40 years of military or combat experience" and I refute that claim by others that I have made it.

I'm a Democrat. I haven't always been one but I sure as heck am now. I've got my reasons for being a Democrat and the largest reason is that I truly care about America, Americans and freedom loving peoples wherever I find them. I am not dissuaded by cavalier and dishonest statements or purported platforms of others trying to win my vote by pretending to be something they are not.

I was spat upon by the peaceniks in 1972. They weren't voters at all but they were accused of being "Democrats". I've since learned the difference between those peaceniks and peoples that truly care about the future of my country. I side with those that are serious about the preservation of the American ideals that I was raised to admire and respect and reject those that would mock my experience and deny others the guarantees they have made and continue to make with no thoughts whatsoever of any intention of delivering on those guarantees.

Our constitution guarantees certain rights. Our Bill Of Rights clarifies some of that. I don't like anyone that might frivously or for profit interfere with any of that.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Psychoblues

Dems Gotta Keep On Truckin'

Please enlighten those of us that have been in the service about one of your claims...

What US military units based in Korea fought in Vietnam? None that I know of, but that does not mean it didn't happen. Perhaps a Naval unit or an AF unit, but I guarantee you, no Army units were based in Korea and serving in Vietnam.

Psychoblues said:
Where did "40 years combat experience" as related to me ever come from? I've certainly never claimed that. I've never claimed simple "Military" experience for that length of time either. Where in the world did you come up with that number?

You may question my credentials and that's fine with me. But don't spread lies and claim that I said it or anything like it.

Just for the record:
Viet Nam 1969-1972
*Home based Out Of South Korea* 1969 - 1972
Grenada 1983
Panama 1989
Persian Gulf 1990 - 1991

I JOINED in 1968. I retired in 1991. In addition, I had an 11 year break in service, 1972 - 1983. That's quite a few years less than the "40 years" bullshit that's being tossed around in this forum about me. If you can't tell the truth, lie, lie and lie and never admit the truth. A fairly prominent Republican politician told me that years ago. He didn't effect me but it's clear his message was well received by many of my detractors including a few that post here.

I'll also repeat here that I held elective office for 21 years. Some of those years overlapped my military experience as do many politicians that are now serving as both elected officers and military volunteers. Some of you folks have definitely got problems with me personally or you are just ranting.

I apologize if I've offended anyone here that has not previously offended me, but the truth must be told. I've never claimed once that I have "40 years of military or combat experience" and I refute that claim by others that I have made it.

I'm a Democrat. I haven't always been one but I sure as heck am now. I've got my reasons for being a Democrat and the largest reason is that I truly care about America, Americans and freedom loving peoples wherever I find them. I am not dissuaded by cavalier and dishonest statements or purported platforms of others trying to win my vote by pretending to be something they are not.

I was spat upon by the peaceniks in 1972. They weren't voters at all but they were accused of being "Democrats". I've since learned the difference between those peaceniks and peoples that truly care about the future of my country. I side with those that are serious about the preservation of the American ideals that I was raised to admire and respect and reject those that would mock my experience and deny others the guarantees they have made and continue to make with no thoughts whatsoever of any intention of delivering on those guarantees.

Our constitution guarantees certain rights. Our Bill Of Rights clarifies some of that. I don't like anyone that might frivously or for profit interfere with any of that.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Psychoblues

Dems Gotta Keep On Truckin'

To answer your first question, the 40 years came from me. I asked politely for an explanation and you responded instead with a bunch of condescending stuff.

So, from the initial info you provided, you were in the military from the Korean War through Desert Storm. That's 41 years by my math, but maybe it's just me. :alco:

I didn't start out hostile toward you .... your attitude toward me because I disagree with your idealism started THAT. When you start pointing fingers, try the mirror first.

Amazingly enough, I agree with the above posters. :scratch:

Please do not act condescending toward people. Your years of military and elective service do not make you better than anyone else. It also does not make you more patriotic than anyone else.

Gabriella84 said:

Please do not act condescending toward people. Your years of military and elective service do not make you better than anyone else. It also does not make you more patriotic than anyone else.

Wrong.

I wouldn't want some cupcake like you guarding MY back. And it damn sure makes him not only better than you, but a damn sight more desirable as a citizen.

And where the hell do you come off telling people not to be condescending? You oozed condescenscion from the time you typed your first keystroke on this board. You're not only disgusting, you're a damned hypocrite too.

Here's to you Psycho, Gunny all the vets and all those who seve and support their country in some manner. Happy Fourth, you've earned the right to celebrate. :salute:

And here's to you Garbledella :321: . Crawl back under your rock. You wouldn't make a pimple on a real American's ass. On the great cosmic barbeque, you're the piece of gristle that fell through the grill.

Gabriella84 said:

Bullshit. His years of service exactly make him a Better american than you. You have NO RIGHT to speak ANYTHING about this country until you have served even ONE DAY in this countries service.

You are an example of what is wrong with this country...

My parents and I have done our service to the American people. We just do it in a different way than you do.

Just remember, the American Republic was born out of civil disobedience and disrespect for those who sought to impose their will on others. The English Royals ruled harshly and disfavorably. They imposed harsh taxes and stiff penalties on those who disobeyed.
Protest and civil obedience are rights born of the War for American Independence. Those of us who dislike the way our country is run will continue to make our voices heard.
At least we are not demanding people's deaths because of it.

Gabriella84 said:
My parents and I have done our service to the American people. We just do it in a different way than you do.

Bull...unless you serve...Military...Peace Corps...Police...Fire, etc...unless you serve in that capacity, your opinion on anything that has to do with our government, or our military doesn't stand up to those of us who have. Those who haven't serve fall into two categories:

1) those who have not, yet still respect the sacrifice; still speak about serving with honor.

2) and Your category, those who are disrespectful slugs, wasting oxygen.

The mere fact that someone went overseas to kill people (or trained to do so), does not make them more patriotic than others.
I stand up for what I believe is right for my country. Others merely kneel before the throne and wait for a pat on the head.
Bear in mind that the United States has not been officially at war since 1945. Police actions and conflicts arising out of political/personal disputes have yet to be officially sanctioned by the United States Congress.
Like I said, some people choose to fight on the homefront. We just don't carry weapons and take delight in killing our opponents.

Gabriella84 said:
The mere fact that someone went overseas to kill people (or trained to do so), does not make them more patriotic than others.
:finger: Gabriella! I never trained to kill anyone, but I served my Country. Service is NOT just sitting back an taking shots at the Country dear..so, how have YOU served? Big mouth and feel good stuff excluded.

Like I have said before, I love my country. I just dislike the assholes who are currently running it.
I want what is best for my country. I want jobs (the ones being shipped overseas by greedy corporations), health care (over 25 percent of Americans don't have it), social services (currently being gutted so the Bush administrations can settle grudges) and protection of our nation's natural beauty.
Obviously, the ruling party does not want what I want. So I am taking advantage of my constitutional right to protest what I believe is wrong. THAT is my service to my country.

I am as patriotic as you are. And don't ever forget it. :banana:

Gabriella84 said:
Like I have said before, I love my country. I just dislike the assholes who are currently running it.
I want what is best for my country. I want jobs (the ones being shipped overseas by greedy corporations), health care (over 25 percent of Americans don't have it), social services (currently being gutted so the Bush administrations can settle grudges) and protection of our nation's natural beauty.
Obviously, the ruling party does not want what I want. So I am taking advantage of my constitutional right to protest what I believe is wrong. THAT is my service to my country.

As patriotic as me? BULLSHIT KID! All I see in your post is "I want, I want"..Hey, I gave years ago at the office, get off your ASS, go get it, and stop bitching.. :rolleyes:

Gabriella84 said:

Gee.. Your job doesn't offer health care? Oh, wait.. There's part of your problem - you don't have a job. Get one. Then pay for health care like the rest of us.

You complain about jobs being shipped over seas, but again..you're not willing to do the jobs that are right HERE, much less the ones being sent over seas.

What, exactly, do you think a leech like you is entitled to?

Gabriella84 said:

worthless...you're completely a waste of sperm and egg.

Gabriella84 said:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

A parasite does not serve its host. It merely leeches.

I am 21 years old. I am a college student. I have three years left of training before I can become qualified to hold the job that I want. Now, I realize the concept of higher education is lost on many of you, but try to understand anyway.
My husband will have a good job, fortunately. Many others will not.
Just because you have served in the military doesn't make you a good American. :rock:

-=d=- said:
Bullshit. His years of service exactly make him a Better american than you. You have NO RIGHT to speak ANYTHING about this country until you have served even ONE DAY in this countries service.

You are an example of what is wrong with this country...

Actually, Darin, my friend, we all have the right to speak about this country, regardless of our service.

However, I will be much more apt to listen to a veteran than a non-veteran any day of the week - even an air defender! :D

Gabriella84 said:
Bear in mind that the United States has not been officially at war since 1945. Police actions and conflicts arising out of political/personal disputes have yet to be officially sanctioned by the United States Congress.

Gabby, while we have not officially declared war, all of our conflicts, to include Korea, Vietnam, Grenada, Panama, Desert Storm, Bosnia, Kosovo, Afghanistan, and Iraq '03 were sanctioned by Congress.

Forum List

Back