Over 4.5 Billion to die by 2012

I believe that if you're rewriting the laws of physics as understood by humanity for the past century, you need a damn good explanation. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. You are making extraordinary claims, while I am not.

Oh, the fundamental mechanism of the second law is statistics. Which you don't understand, hence you don't understand the second law.

I believe that if you're rewriting the laws of physics as understood by humanity for the past century, you need a damn good explanation. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. You are making extraordinary claims, while I am not.

In typical warmer fashion, you blame others for precisely what you are doing. Backradiation is the product of post modern science. Backradiation is a new claim and in fact, contrary to the laws of physics as understood for the past century and more...and you are right, if you are going to claim such a thing as backradiation when classical physics has never taught the idea and in fact said that it was not possible, then extrordinary evidence is required.

Lets see it.

Oh, the fundamental mechanism of the second law is statistics. Which you don't understand, hence you don't understand the second law.

Really? Statistics make free electrons travel in only one direction down a power line? Statistics make a marble roll down hill? Statistics make air go out of a baloon when it is punctured? Statistics make every known energy exchange happen? You have said some profoundly stupid things before, but I am going to have to say that the claim that statistics is the basic mechanism of any law of physics, much less the second law has to be the stupidest comment ever made on this or any other board....EVER.

You are so profoundly stupid that I bet you don't even know how stupid that comment was.

Statistics is the science that deals with the collection, classification, analysis, and interpretation of numerical facts or data, and that, by use of mathematical theories of probability....it is in no way the basic mechanism by which any law of physics operates.

If you consider backradiation from the perspective of one GHG molecule it is completely intuitive.

The GHG molecule absorbs a photon of energy, electron clouds move to higher energy orbits, and that makes it higher energy than it's neighbors. So, it is unstable in it's environment. It moves back to the stable energy level compared to it's neighbors by reradiating it's new energy. That energy then continues in all directions until it either encounters another absorbing molecule or forever, whichever comes first.

Statistics come in when instead of quantum physics of single molecules, masses of materials with huge numbers of molecules come into play. Then averages and means come into the discussion.

So, on average, the net flow of energy is from warm higher energy bodies to colder, lower energy bodies.

That says nothing at all about the reverse energy flow caused by each molecule just doing it's own thing.

The 2ond Law only deals with net flow. Quantum mechanics predicts the reverse flow component of the net flow.

So big deal, the hominid species is just a grain of sand in the earths evolution. One fact remains you will die, when, no one knows, but it is a fact, so smell the roses and enjoy your moment on earth and thank God you have one more day to enjoy this life.

Agreed, but I'd also like my kids and grandkids to inherit a world that would allow them the same opportunities.

As things stand, my grandkids will never see a coral reef nor a glacier.

If you consider backradiation from the perspective of one GHG molecule it is completely intuitive.

Of course it is, if you disregard the laws of phyiscs.

Statistics come in when instead of quantum physics of single molecules, masses of materials with huge numbers of molecules come into play. Then averages and means come into the discussion.

You guys who believe in QM as if it were law are sad and laughable. Anyone who hangs their hat on QM as it stands today is going to lose thier hat. The statistics of microscopics you believe so strongly in where QM is concerned are actually statistics of statistics...a contradiction...an indication that the statiststics are not to be believed.

Are you aware that QM can't even adequately express the electron cloud around a hydrogen atom? A HYDROGEN ATOM. The most basic of all atoms and QM can't explain its electron cloud without a completely made up "fix". Then QM goes on to fail over and over throughout the periodic table. QM can't even make it through the periodic table and you believe in it strongly enough to disregard the laws of physics.

You are being laughed at.

So, on average, the net flow of energy is from warm higher energy bodies to colder, lower energy bodies.

Net flow is a post modern idea which comes out of QM which is a post modern idea that is riddled with problems and contradictions. It is not proven and remains a somewhat shaky hypothesis.

That says nothing at all about the reverse energy flow caused by each molecule just doing it's own thing.

The only thing the second law says about reverse energy flow is that it can not happen.

The 2ond Law only deals with net flow. Quantum mechanics predicts the reverse flow component of the net flow.

And yet, it is written in absolute terms stating that no sort of energy can move from a high entropy state to a low entropy state. QM isn't the law...QM has barely achieved hypothetical status and certainly has not overturned any physical law. Considering the number of contradictions and outright flaws to be found in QM beginning with its inability to adequately explain the electron cloud around a HYDROGEN ATOM, you may as well believe in the tooth fairy.

So big deal, the hominid species is just a grain of sand in the earths evolution. One fact remains you will die, when, no one knows, but it is a fact, so smell the roses and enjoy your moment on earth and thank God you have one more day to enjoy this life.

Agreed, but I'd also like my kids and grandkids to inherit a world that would allow them the same opportunities.

LOL, drama queen..:cuckoo:

Stop with the waterworks bullshitter.. You just showed, in one post, why when you say "science" people stop listening... :eusa_boohoo:

Stop with the waterworks bullshitter.. You just showed, in one post, why when you say "science" people stop listening... :eusa_boohoo:

If he really believes the bilge he spews, it must suck to be him.

If he really believes the bilge he spews, it must suck to be him.

He is filling forum space. the only things genuine about him or any of the clone army, is their complete ignorance, and their incessant crying..

Is this going to be like the heat wave in Britian where 700 people died during the days of heat and asphalt melted?

Then we find out that the temperature was 76F.

Is this going to be like the heat wave in Britian where 700 people died during the days of heat and asphalt melted?

Up to 760 people have reportedly already died as a result of the increasingly hot weather.

Figures by the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine estimate that between 540 and 760 lives have been taken in the first nine days of the heatwave alone. The death toll is expected to increase as temperatures continue to rise.

Britain has already had the hottest day of the year so far on Wednesday with temperatures soaring to 32.2C (90F) in south-west London.

Heatwave warning extended across England as up to 760 deaths linked to high temperatures | Metro News

You guys who believe in QM as if it were law are sad and laughable. Anyone who hangs their hat on QM as it stands today is going to lose thier hat. The statistics of microscopics you believe so strongly in where QM is concerned are actually statistics of statistics...a contradiction...an indication that the statiststics are not to be believed.

Are you aware that QM can't even adequately express the electron cloud around a hydrogen atom? A HYDROGEN ATOM. The most basic of all atoms and QM can't explain its electron cloud without a completely made up "fix". Then QM goes on to fail over and over throughout the periodic table. QM can't even make it through the periodic table and you believe in it strongly enough to disregard the laws of physics.

Net flow is a post modern idea which comes out of QM which is a post modern idea that is riddled with problems and contradictions. It is not proven and remains a somewhat shaky hypothesis.

The only thing the second law says about reverse energy flow is that it can not happen.

And yet, it is written in absolute terms stating that no sort of energy can move from a high entropy state to a low entropy state. QM isn't the law...QM has barely achieved hypothetical status and certainly has not overturned any physical law. Considering the number of contradictions and outright flaws to be found in QM beginning with its inability to adequately explain the electron cloud around a HYDROGEN ATOM, you may as well believe in the tooth fairy.

"And yet, it is written in absolute terms stating that no sort of energy can move from a high entropy state to a low entropy state."

Keep in mind that you are the one writing it.

Up to 760 people have reportedly already died as a result of the increasingly hot weather.

Figures by the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine estimate that between 540 and 760 lives have been taken in the first nine days of the heatwave alone. The death toll is expected to increase as temperatures continue to rise.

Britain has already had the hottest day of the year so far on Wednesday with temperatures soaring to 32.2C (90F) in south-west London.

Heatwave warning extended across England as up to 760 deaths linked to high temperatures | Metro News

Quit calling localized weather evidence of climate change.. it's juvenile...

"And yet, it is written in absolute terms stating that no sort of energy can move from a high entropy state to a low entropy state."

Keep in mind that you are the one writing it.

The only one writing their own version of the laws is you socko...

Statistics make every known energy exchange happen?

Nope. That's your retard strawman. Even for you, it's a pretty dumb one.

Statistics do, however, _describe_ every known energy exchange. That description is where the Second Law comes from.

It's also what the field of Statistical Mechanics is about. We can mark that down as yet another well established field of physics you're now declaring is just totally wrong, simply so you can yammer about your idiot magic intelligent vanishing photons theory.

And that would be why everyone correctly defines you as a gibbering retard.

It was your claim. You said, and I quote: "Oh, the fundamental mechanism of the second law is statistics."

Statistics do, however, _describe_ every known energy exchange. That description is where the Second Law comes from.

Close. Statistics is an attempt to describe energy exchange. There doesn't exist any actual evidence that it is successful. Statistics describes two way energy flow while observation only shows us one way energy flow. The statistical claim of two way energy flow is taken on faith by those who believe...not on any actual hard evidence.

But I was trying to explain to you that statistics was an attempt to explain energy transfer when you decided to show how smart you aren't and claimed that statistics was the fundamental mechanism of the second law of thermodynamics. Talk about a stupid comment.....and now you are trying to distance yourself from it. Good luck with that.

It's also what the field of Statistical Mechanics is about. We can mark that down as yet another well established field of physics you're now declaring is just totally wrong, simply so you can yammer about your idiot magic intelligent vanishing photons theory.

Stupid and a liar. I have never said that it was totaly wrong. I have said that there isn't any actual evidence to support it's claims with regard to energy transfers. Every observed energy transfer is in the direction of more entropy. You claim that statistics shows that some energy spontaneously moves in the direction of less entropy in defiance of the second law. I point out that it has never been observed, nor will it ever be observed. Faith and belief are becoming all to common in post modern science.

It was your claim. You said, and I quote: "Oh, the fundamental mechanism of the second law is statistics."

Close. Statistics is an attempt to describe energy exchange. There doesn't exist any actual evidence that it is successful. Statistics describes two way energy flow while observation only shows us one way energy flow. The statistical claim of two way energy flow is taken on faith by those who believe...not on any actual hard evidence.

But I was trying to explain to you that statistics was an attempt to explain energy transfer when you decided to show how smart you aren't and claimed that statistics was the fundamental mechanism of the second law of thermodynamics. Talk about a stupid comment.....and now you are trying to distance yourself from it. Good luck with that.

Stupid and a liar. I have never said that it was totaly wrong. I have said that there isn't any actual evidence to support it's claims with regard to energy transfers. Every observed energy transfer is in the direction of more entropy. You claim that statistics shows that some energy spontaneously moves in the direction of less entropy in defiance of the second law. I point out that it has never been observed, nor will it ever be observed. Faith and belief are becoming all to common in post modern science.

You make many claims based on zero evidence. Surely you can find one credible Web site that agrees that GHGs can preferentially radiate only in the direction of lower entropy.

You make many claims based on zero evidence. Surely you can find one credible Web site that agrees that GHGs can preferentially radiate only in the direction of lower entropy.

The second law of thermodynics is all the support I need. What could possibly be better than the most fundamental physical law supporting hour position.

You clearly have lots of web sites that support your position but none of them reference any empirical evidence proving that energy flow is a two way street. You have the support of the faithful. So what?

The second law of thermodynics is all the support I need. What could possibly be better than the most fundamental physical law supporting hour position.

You clearly have lots of web sites that support your position but none of them reference any empirical evidence proving that energy flow is a two way street. You have the support of the faithful. So what?

If the 2nd law is the limit of your ability to understand science, just take another shot at the GSE review course. Maybe the fourth time through will be magic for you.

It was your claim. You said, and I quote:]"Oh, the fundamental mechanism of the second law is statistics."

It's not my fault that basic English is just one of the many things your cult hasn't educated you on. Or maybe you're just deliberately lying. It's always hard to tell with you, whether it's insanity, stupidity or dishonesty driving any particular statement. In any case, I'm in no mood to parse the meaning of "is" with you. I'm just going to point out what a weasel you are for going that route.

The statistical claim of two way energy flow is taken on faith by those who believe...not on any actual hard evidence.

You understand you're completely detached from reality, right? No matter. Everyone else understands that. It would account for all the laughter you're hearing.

(But congratulations on that Nobel Prize you'll no doubt be getting, for rewriting most of physics as we know it.)

Last edited:
LOL, doyou ding dongs know how the concept of wave-particle duality, that is part of the essence of QM came to be?

It was a compromise made.. That's really it.. A compromise made to explain why one set of researchers observed wave-like behavior or properties in light, and others observed particle-like propertiesor behavior. They couldn't explain the discrepencies sothey compromised and basically said, when it displays particle-like properties, it's a particle, and when it displays wave-like properties, it's a wave...

Wave?particle duality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wave–particle duality

Wave–particle duality postulates that all particles exhibit both wave and particle properties. A central concept of quantum mechanics, this duality addresses the inability of classical concepts like "particle" and "wave" to fully describe the behavior of quantum-scale objects. Standard interpretations of quantum mechanics explain this paradox as a fundamental property of the Universe, while alternative interpretations explain the duality as an emergent, second-order consequence of various limitations of the observer. This treatment focuses on explaining the behavior from the perspective of the widely used Copenhagen interpretation, in which wave–particle duality serves as one aspect of the concept of complementarity, that one can view phenomena in one way or in another, but not both simultaneously.

Yep that is what you are calling fact.. A comprmise..

If you want to get an idea of what COULD happen mathematically at any point in space and time, QM is the way to go. If you want to state something as a certainty and without any reservations, it's incomplete state shows through...

I bet you don't understand "uncertainty principle" either...

Uncertainty principle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Uncertainty principle

In quantum mechanics, the uncertainty principle is any of a variety of mathematical inequalities asserting a fundamental limit to the precision with which certain pairs of physical properties of a particle known as complementary variables, such as position x and momentum p, can be known simultaneously. For instance, the more precisely the position of some particle is determined, the less precisely its momentum can be known, and vice versa.[1] The original heuristic argument that such a limit should exist was given by Werner Heisenberg in 1927, after whom it is sometimes named the Heisenberg principle. A more formal inequality relating the standard deviation of position σx and the standard deviation of momentum σp was derived by Earle Hesse Kennard[2] later that year and by Hermann Weyl[3] in 1928,

Do you understand yet? Probably not.. The point is, it's incomplete even by those whose work led tothe theory...

Now please try to keep in reality, and supress the urge to call everything fact..

Forum List

Back