Over 181 miles of new border wall has been built

TDS is believing what the skidmark says.

Sixty-two percent of new illegals come here legally and overstay their visas, and they don't cross the Mexican border. That's why it's so important to hit them where they work and jail employers hiring illegals.

There is a solution to that, and the wall controversy. Make being here illegal a felony, punishable by the minimum of five years in prison. Then we wouldn't have to worry about the Visa overstays, and we wouldn't need to worry about a wall because nobody would want to come here illegally. When I say minimum, I mean the judge could sentence somebody up to 15 years in prison.

Or remove the J O B S. Make it a felony to knowingly hire an illegal alien. We can do what you wish and what I wish a well. If a Business thinks that they need to stay in business by hiring illegal workers then they shouldn't be in business in the first place. There are programs to get LEGAL workers from Mexico and south of that for those jobs.

Our laws prohibit us from prosecuting most employers. Our law reads that the employer must be knowledgable that their employees were illegal in the first place. Fake ID"s is a new industry now here and south of our border. They are almost foolproof. And if an employer refuses to hire an illegal, they can be sued for discrimination.

But your people are in charge now. Write to them and have the laws changed. Good luck with that one.

My People are in charge NOW? Where, How, When? My People are out of favor right now. We are Republicans and refuse to become "The Party of the Rump". But we are patiently waiting in the wings to pick up the pieces when Rump finally goes away. Let's face it, there is only one Rump and with him, the Party of the Rump dies. It happens either early next year of in 5 years but it's going to happen. Invest in the future now.

Almost foolproof, yes, but not foolproof. I know of employers around here that underpay their Illegals so they can underbid for contracts. I also know the damage it's done to legitimate companies many that didn't make it due to the lack of contracts.

But the solution is not to lock up Americans who have taxpaying industries and provide Americans with jobs, the solution is to lock up people who are coming here to take that work away from American citizens.

If I start my own lawn care company, and can't get customers because my competition is using illegals and Democrats won't have anything to do with it, what are my choices? I have to hire illegals as well. It's the only way for me to stay in business.

As for the Party of Trump, can you name me the last Republican that has led more conservatively than President Trump? I hated McCain, but I voted for him. I disliked Romney, and hate him more today, but I voted for him. If you are a real Republican, then you live by Ronald Reagan's 11th commandment: Thou shalt not speak ill of any fellow Republican.

I voted for those guys because I refused to relinquish my vote to a filthy Democrat.
But the solution is not to lock up Americans who have taxpaying industries and provide Americans with jobs

Two points:
1) If those Americans are hiring illegals, how many Americans will they hire?
2) If you hire an illegal alien, aren't you a criminal and deserve to be jailed?

Your TDS is showing.

No, you are not a criminal. Once again, our law is that in order to prosecute an employer, the prosecutor must prove that the employer knew he or she was hiring illegals. And again, in many cases, that's impossible to prove.

Don't give me that song and dance. One of the main reasons to hire illegals is to pay them less than legal workers so you can underbid everyone else. If a person is willing to work "Under the Table" or at a reduced price with a kickback to the company, you KNOW they are an illegal.

This is true, but for the ones that work over the table, they still take jobs for next to nothing, and there is no indicator they are illegal. To the employer, they are simply foreigners willing to do any job for any salary.

I worked in a Shipping and Storage company. We had 5 Lupa Sanchezes and only one spoke english. I knew the one and he was American Born. They were paid like anyone else were paid, maybe a little less. But man, could those fools move furniture. There is no way in hell that the owner didn't know that those 4 were illegals. Same goes for another industry; the carpet industry.

Riddle me this Batman: Why is it okay for their kids to go to school here, for them to have bank accounts and even take loans, for them to live in sanctuary cities virtually untouched, for them to have credit cards, for them to rent apartments and houses, for them to have drivers licenses, and of course, even buy a home if they'd like, and nobody should be in trouble except the employers?

Wow, we are back to a failed 10 year old debating method. You left out the part where I stated we go after both parties. You aren't playing with a low IQ Liberal here. You are dealing with a high IQ, well educated Conservative.

You are about as conservative as I am Chinese. You support going after American industries but leave all the others out. You support leaving the illegals alone and locking up American citizens instead.

Do tell: what do you want to go after the Republican party for? We elected Trump based on his hard stance against illegals, and his endless efforts to secure our border, which he did tremendously. In the meantime, whatever Trump's measures the Commie Congress leaders couldn't stop, their Commie judges did; at least temporarily.

President Trump attacked this immigration issue on every level. As I posted, he implemented strategies to stop Visa overstays. He created measures to stop Birther Tourism and anchor babies. He magically found a way around the Democrats to construct the wall as he promised us. He held Mexico responsible for the illegals making it to our borders Democrats insists we accommodate. He created the policy of all asylum applications be made from their embassies, and not once they get into our country. He created the policy that any immigrant that was granted asylum before they reached our border, be denied based on that alone.

So we need to go after both parties? The idea of changing laws so we immediately lock up business owners is that of the Democrat House--not the President. The President does not make laws--Congress does as outlined in our US Constitution.

This has nothing to do with going after both parties, it has to do with going after one, the Democrat party. This is decided on by voters, not the President.

You are about as conservative as I am Chinese. You support going after American industries but leave all the others out. You support leaving the illegals alone and locking up American citizens instead.

Your beginning paragraph is just telling what I should think. Sorry, but I don't think that way. But it must be so because you said so. But you keep telling that lie. Who knows, if you tell it enough, does it become the truth? Nope, it's still a lie.

If you support Rump, you are NOT a conservative anymore than Rump is. The mass insanity has become a real problem. And you are part of that problem. So you keep telling us what we really think even though we actually don't think that way. The difference between your version of a Conservative and my version of a conservative is, my version is honest about things and don't lie out it's ass. When Rump is gone, what are you going to do then? Are you going to just walk off the edge of the Earth shaking your fist and yelling obscenities? The newly rebuilt Republican Party doesn't want you back.

I don't care what you think. Think anyway you like. My objection is when you call yourself a conservative. How can a so-called conservative be against the most conservative ruling President in our lifetime? WTF kind of conservative is that? Talk about somebody lying.

When Trump is gone, we move on like we always do. Hopefully most people learn something by this presidency, and that is professional politicians are not always the best for the country. Maybe we should be looking towards outsiders to straighten this country out. Hate Trump all you want, but thank God open borders Hillary isn't President right now, otherwise our country would be in a world of shit. The country would be in lockdown until 2021.

But of course, you'll never consider that this November, will you? You won't even think about who could be nominated to the Supreme Court. You will let hate cast your vote for you, and to hell with the country.

After the last few decades of choices(?) and after the Circus leaves town, Here is my pick for the Next President of the United States.

View attachment 338235

Satin?

Sandwitch?

Sixty-two percent of new illegals come here legally and overstay their visas, and they don't cross the Mexican border. That's why it's so important to hit them where they work and jail employers hiring illegals.

There is a solution to that, and the wall controversy. Make being here illegal a felony, punishable by the minimum of five years in prison. Then we wouldn't have to worry about the Visa overstays, and we wouldn't need to worry about a wall because nobody would want to come here illegally. When I say minimum, I mean the judge could sentence somebody up to 15 years in prison.

Or remove the J O B S. Make it a felony to knowingly hire an illegal alien. We can do what you wish and what I wish a well. If a Business thinks that they need to stay in business by hiring illegal workers then they shouldn't be in business in the first place. There are programs to get LEGAL workers from Mexico and south of that for those jobs.

Get your libtard Democrats to propose one in the House. That will never happen as it will never be written nor passed.

And the Repugs will not allow it to ever come to a vote. Both makes billions if not trillions from illegal labor.

Let's try and see! Get your Commiecrats to pass it.

If I ever see a Commiecrat, I'll ask them. But for the same reasons that the Reps won't allow it to come to the floor in the Senate, the House won't present it to the Senate. Wow, there is a real hatred in this one. Seek help.

The Commicrats just passed the largest bill in the history of the US, knowing it didn't stand a chance of passing.and you think they won't pass a law increasing penalties for hiring illegals because it won't pass the Senate? How many times were you dropped on your head as a child?

And what was Pelosi's response? Send back an alternative bill. That's the way it's supposed to work. Otherwise, you have a Congress that just as well as go home and we withhold their pay. While that's not that bad an idea, I would rather it actually work.

Our laws prohibit us from prosecuting most employers. Our law reads that the employer must be knowledgable that their employees were illegal in the first place. Fake ID"s is a new industry now here and south of our border. They are almost foolproof. And if an employer refuses to hire an illegal, they can be sued for discrimination.

But your people are in charge now. Write to them and have the laws changed. Good luck with that one.

My People are in charge NOW? Where, How, When? My People are out of favor right now. We are Republicans and refuse to become "The Party of the Rump". But we are patiently waiting in the wings to pick up the pieces when Rump finally goes away. Let's face it, there is only one Rump and with him, the Party of the Rump dies. It happens either early next year of in 5 years but it's going to happen. Invest in the future now.

Almost foolproof, yes, but not foolproof. I know of employers around here that underpay their Illegals so they can underbid for contracts. I also know the damage it's done to legitimate companies many that didn't make it due to the lack of contracts.

But the solution is not to lock up Americans who have taxpaying industries and provide Americans with jobs, the solution is to lock up people who are coming here to take that work away from American citizens.

If I start my own lawn care company, and can't get customers because my competition is using illegals and Democrats won't have anything to do with it, what are my choices? I have to hire illegals as well. It's the only way for me to stay in business.

As for the Party of Trump, can you name me the last Republican that has led more conservatively than President Trump? I hated McCain, but I voted for him. I disliked Romney, and hate him more today, but I voted for him. If you are a real Republican, then you live by Ronald Reagan's 11th commandment: Thou shalt not speak ill of any fellow Republican.

I voted for those guys because I refused to relinquish my vote to a filthy Democrat.
But the solution is not to lock up Americans who have taxpaying industries and provide Americans with jobs

Two points:
1) If those Americans are hiring illegals, how many Americans will they hire?
2) If you hire an illegal alien, aren't you a criminal and deserve to be jailed?

Your TDS is showing.

No, you are not a criminal. Once again, our law is that in order to prosecute an employer, the prosecutor must prove that the employer knew he or she was hiring illegals. And again, in many cases, that's impossible to prove.

Don't give me that song and dance. One of the main reasons to hire illegals is to pay them less than legal workers so you can underbid everyone else. If a person is willing to work "Under the Table" or at a reduced price with a kickback to the company, you KNOW they are an illegal.

This is true, but for the ones that work over the table, they still take jobs for next to nothing, and there is no indicator they are illegal. To the employer, they are simply foreigners willing to do any job for any salary.

I worked in a Shipping and Storage company. We had 5 Lupa Sanchezes and only one spoke english. I knew the one and he was American Born. They were paid like anyone else were paid, maybe a little less. But man, could those fools move furniture. There is no way in hell that the owner didn't know that those 4 were illegals. Same goes for another industry; the carpet industry.

Riddle me this Batman: Why is it okay for their kids to go to school here, for them to have bank accounts and even take loans, for them to live in sanctuary cities virtually untouched, for them to have credit cards, for them to rent apartments and houses, for them to have drivers licenses, and of course, even buy a home if they'd like, and nobody should be in trouble except the employers?

Wow, we are back to a failed 10 year old debating method. You left out the part where I stated we go after both parties. You aren't playing with a low IQ Liberal here. You are dealing with a high IQ, well educated Conservative.

Do tell: what do you want to go after the Republican party for? We elected Trump based on his hard stance against illegals, and his endless efforts to secure our border, which he did tremendously. In the meantime, whatever Trump's measures the Commie Congress leaders couldn't stop, their Commie judges did; at least temporarily.

President Trump attacked this immigration issue on every level. As I posted, he implemented strategies to stop Visa overstays. He created measures to stop Birther Tourism and anchor babies. He magically found a way around the Democrats to construct the wall as he promised us. He held Mexico responsible for the illegals making it to our borders Democrats insists we accommodate. He created the policy of all asylum applications be made from their embassies, and not once they get into our country. He created the policy that any immigrant that was granted asylum before they reached our border, be denied based on that alone.

So we need to go after both parties? The idea of changing laws so we immediately lock up business owners is that of the Democrat House--not the President. The President does not make laws--Congress does as outlined in our US Constitution.

This has nothing to do with going after both parties, it has to do with going after one, the Democrat party. This is decided on by voters, not the President.

Your beginning paragraph is just telling what I should think. Sorry, but I don't think that way. But it must be so because you said so. But you keep telling that lie. Who knows, if you tell it enough, does it become the truth? Nope, it's still a lie.

If you support Rump, you are NOT a conservative anymore than Rump is. The mass insanity has become a real problem. And you are part of that problem. So you keep telling us what we really think even though we actually don't think that way. The difference between your version of a Conservative and my version of a conservative is, my version is honest about things and don't lie out it's ass. When Rump is gone, what are you going to do then? Are you going to just walk off the edge of the Earth shaking your fist and yelling obscenities? The newly rebuilt Republican Party doesn't want you back.

I don't care what you think. Think anyway you like. My objection is when you call yourself a conservative. How can a so-called conservative be against the most conservative ruling President in our lifetime? WTF kind of conservative is that? Talk about somebody lying.

When Trump is gone, we move on like we always do. Hopefully most people learn something by this presidency, and that is professional politicians are not always the best for the country. Maybe we should be looking towards outsiders to straighten this country out. Hate Trump all you want, but thank God open borders Hillary isn't President right now, otherwise our country would be in a world of shit. The country would be in lockdown until 2021.

But of course, you'll never consider that this November, will you? You won't even think about who could be nominated to the Supreme Court. You will let hate cast your vote for you, and to hell with the country.

After the last few decades of choices(?) and after the Circus leaves town, Here is my pick for the Next President of the United States.

View attachment 338235

Satin?

Sandwitch?

Sorry, I hired a Party of the Rumper proof reader.

Ya, let's spend billions of dollars to paint it black...why?

Trump thinks it will make the fence too hot to touch. But since it's already been proved that sections of the fence can be cut out, it doesn't matter what color it is.

Last I read, the posts to the fence are concrete filled steel. Good luck cutting through that. A fence/ wall has been successful every place it's been used, either here or around the world.

If the commies thought that it would actually be a failure, they would have welcomed the Republicans building the wall. Then they could have used it as a campaign issue against the Republicans for many elections to come. The reason they fought so hard against it is because they know it will work, not only now, but long after Trump is gone.

Trump thinks it will make the fence too hot to touch. But since it's already been proved that sections of the fence can be cut out, it doesn't matter what color it is.

Last I read, the posts to the fence are concrete filled steel. Good luck cutting through that. A fence/ wall has been successful every place it's been used, either here or around the world.

If the commies thought that it would actually be a failure, they would have welcomed the Republicans building the wall. Then they could have used it as a campaign issue against the Republicans for many elections to come. The reason they fought so hard against it is because they know it will work, not only now, but long after Trump is gone.

I guess that many drug transporters have discovered the kryptonite to that construction being able to cut through that Superman Construction at will. NOTHING is fool proof. Boots on the ground have severely been curtailed in the place of that "Wall" giving the ones that are going to breech it the time to do so without any delays.

Get your libtard Democrats to propose one in the House. That will never happen as it will never be written nor passed.

And the Repugs will not allow it to ever come to a vote. Both makes billions if not trillions from illegal labor.

Let's try and see! Get your Commiecrats to pass it.

If I ever see a Commiecrat, I'll ask them. But for the same reasons that the Reps won't allow it to come to the floor in the Senate, the House won't present it to the Senate. Wow, there is a real hatred in this one. Seek help.

The Commicrats just passed the largest bill in the history of the US, knowing it didn't stand a chance of passing.and you think they won't pass a law increasing penalties for hiring illegals because it won't pass the Senate? How many times were you dropped on your head as a child?

And what was Pelosi's response? Send back an alternative bill. That's the way it's supposed to work. Otherwise, you have a Congress that just as well as go home and we withhold their pay. While that's not that bad an idea, I would rather it actually work.

Are you that much out of the loop? There is no alternative bill because numerous House Democrats voted "no"? Catch a clue!

I guess that many drug transporters have discovered the kryptonite to that construction being able to cut through that Superman Construction at will. NOTHING is fool proof. Boots on the ground have severely been curtailed in the place of that "Wall" giving the ones that are going to breech it the time to do so without any delays.

Then post evidence of it. The Border Patrol is not getting reduced. In fact, the Presidents original plan was a solid wall, and the BP requested that the barrier be something they can see through because they know some people are going to attempt to breach the wall. They want to be able to see trouble before it gets there, or while it's taking place.

I don't claim that it can't be done, but it's simply not feasible. If you have enough equipment, enough time, of course you could get through it. Most of my family on my father side are in construction. As a son of a bricklayer, I've worked with concrete. Breaking up concrete is not like you see in the movies.

The biggest threat are drones. They fly drugs over the border using drones, and they are quite advanced. Depending on what you spend, you can have a drone travel many miles before it runs out of electricity or fuel. The electric ones are of course, much quieter.

Then post evidence of it. The Border Patrol is not getting reduced. In fact, the Presidents original plan was a solid wall, and the BP requested that the barrier be something they can see through because they know some people are going to attempt to breach the wall. They want to be able to see trouble before it gets there, or while it's taking place.

I don't claim that it can't be done, but it's simply not feasible. If you have enough equipment, enough time, of course you could get through it. Most of my family on my father side are in construction. As a son of a bricklayer, I've worked with concrete. Breaking up concrete is not like you see in the movies.

The biggest threat are drones. They fly drugs over the border using drones, and they are quite advanced. Depending on what you spend, you can have a drone travel many miles before it runs out of electricity or fuel. The electric ones are of course, much quieter.

The total number of Border Patrol personnel hasn't been reduced but there are fewer on the border. Many of been reallocated to other jobs.

As for drones being the biggest threat, just add that to all the other ways including the Catepults and just being able to toss the package over the "Wall" fence. And don't even mention the tunnels with the lighting, forced air and narrow gauge railroad tracks which can move a whole lot more than all but the Tractor and Trailer option which is still being used. The Wall is just an annoyance to the Mexican Drug Industry.

The total number of Border Patrol personnel hasn't been reduced but there are fewer on the border. Many of been reallocated to other jobs.

As for drones being the biggest threat, just add that to all the other ways including the Catepults and just being able to toss the package over the "Wall" fence. And don't even mention the tunnels with the lighting, forced air and narrow gauge railroad tracks which can move a whole lot more than all but the Tractor and Trailer option which is still being used. The Wall is just an annoyance to the Mexican Drug Industry.

It takes months if not years to build those advanced tunnels. They eventually get found anyway. BP has not reassigned or removed anybody from that border. The wall is to aid in their patrol, not replace them. Now that Trump has greatly reduced border crossers, the BP can place even more people on the border since they are not baby sitting any longer.

It takes months if not years to build those advanced tunnels. They eventually get found anyway. BP has not reassigned or removed anybody from that border. The wall is to aid in their patrol, not replace them. Now that Trump has greatly reduced border crossers, the BP can place even more people on the border since they are not baby sitting any longer.

Thank you for verifying that there has been fewer people on the border patrol actually ON the border. I didn't bring up the job that they were transferred to but thank you for cooperating. And Rump has had less to do with the border crossings than the Covid 19 has as per the Department of Homeland Securities latest information. And please don't insult the rest of us with a Cite, Cite. It's already been cited and discussed so in order for you to deny it you are going to have to lie out your ass trying to make Rump look good.

On Topic:

The president said today that 182 miles had been built.

Other thoughts:

The fat fuck was responding to a question about the Canadian border and the agreement to curtail passage between the US and Canada. He never really responded. Instead, his addled brain went on a rant about his border wall and how awesome it is.

For a guy who’s supposed to be a builder, 181 miles of FENCING built in over 3 years is a massive failure. It is especially so since it is US taxpayers who are footing the bill. He lied to you Trombie morons and you bought it. And now you are defending him and calling this obvious failure a success.

Fucking morons.

Sorry TDS sufferers, the Wall is being built.

Despite all the efforts to block it.
Doesn’t matter

We will tear it down next year when Biden is President

Until Trump reminds voters that Biden will do just that, and Biden would lose more votes than I could count in my lifetime. Probably some key House seats too.
People will line up to tear down the Great Wall of Trump
Mexico will pay for it

They won't be Americans. At least those who want to remain American.
The wall will come down a lot faster than it went up
Wow, you are one incredibly delusional moonbat.

Sixty miles a year.

Five miles a month

One and a quarter miles a week.

Yes, repairing what was already there. There is still about 200 miles to go where there is really, really bad "Security Fencing" or none at all. The rest is either completely unnecessary or the terrain prevents anyone from coming up through there.

And it's closer to 186 miles repaired or replaced. You are giving credit for the Security Fencing that is highly effective that was already there to Rump from his Predecessors. Now, adjust your numbers to agree with reality.

Thank you for verifying that there has been fewer people on the border patrol actually ON the border. I didn't bring up the job that they were transferred to but thank you for cooperating. And Rump has had less to do with the border crossings than the Covid 19 has as per the Department of Homeland Securities latest information. And please don't insult the rest of us with a Cite, Cite. It's already been cited and discussed so in order for you to deny it you are going to have to lie out your ass trying to make Rump look good.

Oh, so Covid is responsible, huh?

Date: September 8th, 2019

June 9th, 2019

September 2019

Over 181 miles of new border wall has been built,

I wonder where Yahoo is getting their 181 miles figure from?

This is what Reuters reported 5 months ago quoting Mark Morgan, acting commission for the U.S. Customs and Border Protection:

Morgan said that 93 miles of wall had been built so far during the Trump administration. At least 90 miles of that replaced existing structures, according to CBP figures - although Morgan argued during the briefing that all barriers built under Trump should be considered “new.”

Over 181 miles of new border wall has been built,

I wonder where Yahoo is getting their 181 miles figure from?

This is what Reuters reported 5 months ago quoting Mark Morgan, acting commission for the U.S. Customs and Border Protection:

Morgan said that 93 miles of wall had been built so far during the Trump administration. At least 90 miles of that replaced existing structures, according to CBP figures - although Morgan argued during the briefing that all barriers built under Trump should be considered “new.”

So let's go with that for a second. If replacement walls were built, doesn't that mean the old walls were insufficient for the desired results? And if so, wouldn't those new walls be designed TO get the desired results?

I've seen pictures of some of those 8 foot walls supposedly protecting California. It looked to me like rusted out metal that a 10 year old could jump effortlessly; something that a cutting touch could take care of in less than fifteen minutes.

If those barriers were easily breached, then what difference does it make whether it's replacement barriers that are much more difficult to compromise, or new ones where there were none before? Either way, it's an improvement and keeps out more unwanted visitors.

So let's go with that for a second.

And after some searching I found out where the 181 miles came from. I questioned it because over the first 18 months of its construction they averaged 5 (93/18) miles per month, Given the 181 miles figure, over these last 5 months it's going up to a rate of 18 (88/5) miles per month.

The math made me wonder about the Transcontinental Railway's average? By figures I found it average 22 miles of track a month, even with its work heavily restricted during its first two years by the Civil War.

Today's contractors have much better equipment than in early times and manual labor. You can't look at how many miles of wall per month because there are so many contractors working as contracts are let, the number of contractors changes frequently.

Scroll down to the spreadsheet that shows all of the sections of wall that are under contract, or to be contracted. It totals 524 miles, if they can get them all built. I hope they get at least 450 miles up this year.

Today's contractors have much better equipment than in early times and manual labor. You can't look at how many miles of wall per month because there are so many contractors working as contracts are let, the number of contractors changes frequently.

Of course one can judge progress made. It is quite simple given the starting date and the work completed. You say you're hoping for 450 miles this year. Being we're currently at 181 miles we have 7½ months to erect 269 miles of wall. That's an average of 36 miles a month. Is that possible? The primary restriction thus far has been money. Given the new wall is overwhelmingly replacement of the old wall that removes much of the factors regarding terrain and land acquisition. If the money is there I'd say the only other possible hurdle will be any delay caused by the corona virus in form of labor and available supplies.

Forum List

Back