Outta Here

Why, in the name of Sam Hill (who was a real person), is this thread still alive??

The OP hit the bricks on the premise that we're too free to say shit that he doesn't like.

Whoopie....too bad, so sad......fuck you asgardshill.

Can we move on to better uses of bandwidth, like saying "fuck you" to people who do continue to post here??

Just sayin'.

Last edited:
Why, in the name of Sam Hill (who was a real person), is this thread still alive??

The OP hit the bricks on the premise that we're too free to say shit that he doesn't like.

Whoopie....too bad, so sad......fuck you asgardshill.

Can we move on to better uses of bandwidth, like saying "fuck you" to people who do continue to post here??

Just sayin'.

Yup.

Fuck you.

:eusa_angel:

Gunny,

Feel free to research the etymology beyond wikipedia. Simply googling "etymology ******" should be suffiecient.

excerpt from wiki:

Earlier variants (such as neger or negar) derive from the Spanish/Portuguese word negro, meaning "black", and probably also the French nègre, which has also been used pejoratively (but also positively as in Négritude), derived from negro (the ordinary French word for "black" being noir). Both negro and noir (and therefore also nègre and ******) ultimately come from nigrum, the accusative form of the Latin word niger (pronounced [ˈniɡer], with the final r being trilled), simply meaning "black".

In Colonial America, negars was used in 1619 by John Rolfe, describing slaves shipped to Virginia colony.[5] Neger (sometimes spelled "neggar") also prevailed in northern New York under the Dutch and also in Philadelphia, in its Moravian and Pennsylvania Dutch communities. For example, the African Burial Ground in New York City was originally known as "Begraafplaats van de Neger" (Dutch phrase meaning "Cemetery of the negro" in English).

In the United States the word ****** was not always considered derogatory,[citation needed] but was instead used by many as merely denotative of black skin, as it was in other parts of the English-speaking world. In nineteenth-century literature, there are many uses of the word ****** with no pejorative connotation. Charles Dickens, and Joseph Conrad (who published The ****** of the 'Narcissus' in 1897) used the word without racist intent. Mark Twain often put the word into the mouths of his characters, white and black, but did not use the word when writing as himself in his autobiographical Life on the Mississippi.

****** - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Or, if you prefer you can simply continue to cling to a bogus definition you read in a substandard dictionary 32 years ago. :tongue:

The fallacy to your argument is that you believe I "cling to some bogus definition." I merely stated what the dictionary said before you were even a wet dream.

Now if I was clinging to that definition, I wouldn't have a problem with people calling each other that, would I?

You obviously weren't around then or you wouldn't be so dumb as to make statements such as your last. There was no internet then, Einstein. We learned through books, and judging by the education some of you latecomers display, I'd say we learned a damned sight more than any of you.

:rofl:

Clearly you prefer to remain ignorant rather than educated on this particular topic. :lol:

The etymology of the word ****** is well documented. It most certainly DID orginate as a variant of negro. If you sleep better at night by denying this truth then far be it from me to upset the delicate balance of your fairytale mind. :rofl:

And just to refresh your memory, this is what you said.

I am aware the definition of "******" never used to mention race, skin color, et al. It just said "a trashy person."

Clearly, you were wrong. :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
Gunny,

Feel free to research the etymology beyond wikipedia. Simply googling "etymology ******" should be suffiecient.

excerpt from wiki:

****** - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Or, if you prefer you can simply continue to cling to a bogus definition you read in a substandard dictionary 32 years ago. :tongue:

The fallacy to your argument is that you believe I "cling to some bogus definition." I merely stated what the dictionary said before you were even a wet dream.

Now if I was clinging to that definition, I wouldn't have a problem with people calling each other that, would I?

You obviously weren't around then or you wouldn't be so dumb as to make statements such as your last. There was no internet then, Einstein. We learned through books, and judging by the education some of you latecomers display, I'd say we learned a damned sight more than any of you.

Clearly you prefer to remain ignorant rather than educated on this particular topic. :lol:

The etymology of the word ****** is well documented. It most certainly DID orginate as a variant of negro. If you sleep better at night by denying this truth then far be it from me to upset the delicate balance of your fairytale mind. :rofl:

And just to refresh your memory, this is what you said.

I am aware the definition of "******" never used to mention race, skin color, et al. It just said "a trashy person."

Clearly, you were wrong. :eusa_whistle:

Let me educate you, junior. I'm not ignorant on the topic at all. You're just doing a lot of assuming.

I stated the dictionary definition in 1977 said words to the effect a "******" was a trashy person. Nothing more. That being the dictionary definition -- and American heritage was not second rate back then -- it is what it is.

I never stated I believed any such thing. "******", in my life, has always meant a racial slur against blacks.

I'm fine with being ignorant to the history of the word because I really could give a rat's ass as to its origin. I know what it means and how it is used. Simple as that.

Really, you must be getting desperate if this is the best argument you can find on the board.

I know you can't stand being shown up Gunny, which is why I only do it on occassion, but to stand there and pretend you didn't post what you posted is even beneath you. Or at least I thought it was until now.

I know you can't stand being shown up Gunny, which is why I only do it on occassion, but to stand there and pretend you didn't post what you posted is even beneath you. Or at least I thought it was until now.

I'm not pretending shit. I think if you look, I stated exactly what I posted.

You're only showing yourself up, dude. Trying to play semantics with your betters. Whatever. Your entire argument is based on a fallacious premise.

Liek I said, you must be bored.

You're only showing yourself up, dude. Trying to play semantics with your betters. Whatever. Your entire argument is based on a fallacious premise.

Mani's peeved cuz he's getting his butt kicked elsewhere. :eusa_whistle:

This is what you said Gunny, and it's clearly wrong.

Unless of course you imagine that each time Jim was referred to as a ****** in Huckleberry Finn (written long before 1977 btw) it had nothing to do with his skin color or that fact that he was a slave and instead was meant to indicate he was a trashy person. :lol:

Unless of course you imagine that each time Jim was referred to as a ****** in Huckleberry Finn (written long before 1977 btw) it had nothing to do with his skin color or that fact that he was a slave and instead was meant to indicate he was a trashy person. :lol:

Selective reading skills, manifold? I believe I clarified my personal position on the word. Obviously it is in contradiction to the definition I posted. That does not mean the definition did not exist, nor that you should feel free to assume I ever believed that definition to be correct. Only that at one time, it WAS the dictionary definition.

You're trying too hard to prove something that isn't there.

Mani's peeved cuz he's getting his butt kicked elsewhere. :eusa_whistle:

Really ....

Selective reading skills, manifold? I believe I clarified my personal position on the word. Obviously it is in contradiction to the definition I posted. That does not mean the definition did not exist, nor that you should feel free to assume I ever believed that definition to be correct. Only that at one time, it WAS the dictionary definition.

You're trying too hard to prove something that isn't there.

Poor reading skills, Gunny? Or perhaps I should say poor writing skills. You said, and I quote "the defintion of "******" never used to mention race, skin color..." That is a false statement. And even if you're right about one second-rate dictionary's definition back in 1977, that doesn't change the fact that it is a false statement. The full, accurate definition has always included skin color. ALWAYS. Maybe not the ONLY definition, but any that didn't include it is incomplete.

Forum List

Back