Outrage grows after ‘chilling call for genocide’ by Florida Republican

Kill a baby and you go to jail. Have an abortion and you don’t.

See a difference?
so you think killing a fetus isn’t a crime?

so you think killing a fetus isn’t a crime?

newsflash

This thread isn’t about fetus’

And this conversation is about babies

What started our discussion is your post #231, where you said this:

Read the Bible, God tells his people all the time to kill the babies and children and women and livestock
That is why these people think it is cool to do so

So you like the Old Testament because it has passages that can suit your purposes, instead of understanding and relying on the just purpose of the New Testament? You don't see where the New Testament contradicts the Old Testament? I do.

It is not a matter of liking one or the other, it is a matter of being educated and having read both.

If the New Testament contradicts the Old Testament, that means that God contradicts Himself, which means he is not omniscient, and thus is not worthy of worship.

It is not a matter of liking one or the other, it is a matter of being educated and having read both.

If the New Testament contradicts the Old Testament, that means that God contradicts Himself, which means he is not omniscient, and thus is not worthy of worship.
Don't type bullshit/lies, prove your assertions.
The Old Testament was written by prophets a thousand years before Christ. The New Testament are Christ's own words.

So you and the Old Testament are wrong. Jesus is right. The Mosaic Covenant is superseded by the New Covenant, dumbass.
Read and learn...

Christianity​

Main article: Christian views on the Old Covenant
In the Gospel of Matthew, Jesus cited Deuteronomy 6:5 as a Great Commandment. The earliest Christian authors interpreted Deuteronomy's prophecy of the restoration of Israel as having been fulfilled (or superseded) in Jesus Christ and the establishment of the Christian Church (Luke 1–2, Acts 2–5), and Jesus was interpreted to be the "one (i.e., prophet) like me" predicted by Moses in Deuteronomy 18:15 (Acts 3:22–23). While the exact position of Paul the Apostle and Judaism is still debated, a common view is that in place of mitzvah set out in Deuteronomy, Paul the Apostle, drawing on Deuteronomy 30:11–14, claimed that the keeping of the Mosaic covenant was superseded by faith in Jesus and the gospel (the New Covenant).[39]

The Old Testament was written by prophets a thousand years before Christ.

The New Testament are Christ's own words.

The New Testament has over 180,000 words, of which less than 2000 are attributed to Jesus. Does that mean that the other 178,000 words can be ignored like you do the Old Testament?

So you and the Old Testament are wrong. Jesus is right. The Mosaic Covenant is superseded by the New Covenant, dumbass.
Read and learn...

If the Old Testament is wrong, that means that God was wrong. Is that you claim?

The New Testament has over 180,000 words, of which less than 2000 are attributed to Jesus. Does that mean that the other 178,000 words can be ignored like you do the Old Testament?

If the Old Testament is wrong, that means that God was wrong. Is that you claim?
1. Link proving the New Testament has only 2000 direct quote words. I call bullshit.
Even so, that would be 2,000 more direct quote words than the Old Testament has, dumbass.

2. The Old Testament was written by prophets not God, dumbass. The prophets were wrong, not God, dumbass.

3. Re-read my post #308 again, and think before you reply with nonsense.

Christianity​

Main article: Christian views on the Old Covenant
In the Gospel of Matthew, Jesus cited Deuteronomy 6:5 as a Great Commandment. The earliest Christian authors interpreted Deuteronomy's prophecy of the restoration of Israel as having been fulfilled (or superseded) in Jesus Christ and the establishment of the Christian Church (Luke 1–2, Acts 2–5), and Jesus was interpreted to be the "one (i.e., prophet) like me" predicted by Moses in Deuteronomy 18:15 (Acts 3:22–23). While the exact position of Paul the Apostle and Judaism is still debated, a common view is that in place of mitzvah set out in Deuteronomy, Paul the Apostle, drawing on Deuteronomy 30:11–14, claimed that the keeping of the Mosaic covenant was superseded by faith in Jesus and the gospel (the New Covenant).[39]

Palestenian women and children are your opponents? Palestenians that are against what Hamas has been doing are our opponents?

You've lost your god damn mind.

So these same peace loving Palestinians had the duty to join up with Israel to destroy Hamas.

They don’t.

1. Link proving the New Testament has only 2000 direct quote words. I call bullshit.
Even so, that would be 2,000 more direct quote words than the Old Testament has, dumbass.

2. The Old Testament was written by prophets not God, dumbass. The prophets were wrong, not God, dumbass.

They were the prophets of God, if they were wrong, then God was wrong.

3. Re-read my post #308 again, and think before you reply with nonsense.

Your link does not support your claim that the Old Testament is not the word of God. There is not a single legit Christian denomination that agrees with your view of the OT.

They were the prophets of God, if they were wrong, then God was wrong.

Your link does not support your claim that the Old Testament is not the word of God. There is not a single legit Christian denomination that agrees with your view of the OT.
1. Still 2,000 more direct quote words in the NT than in the OT.

2. No one knows if they were "prophets of God" or just fiction writers. You believe in the OT, I believe in the NT.

3. My link in post #310 does prove that Paul the Apostle said that the Old Testament is superseded by the New Testament.
Paul the Apostle, drawing on Deuteronomy 30:11–14, claimed that the keeping of the Mosaic covenant was superseded by faith in Jesus and the gospel (the New Covenant).[39]

1. Still 2,000 more direct quote words in the NT than in the OT.

So, do you ignore the parts that are not the words of Jesus in the NT?

2. No one knows if they were "prophets of God" or just fiction writers. You believe in the OT, I believe in the NT.

The NT does not exist without the OT, The NT has no meaning without the OT.

3. My link in post #310 does prove that Paul the Apostle said that the Old Testament is superseded by the New Testament.
Paul the Apostle,

Paul is just a dude, he is not Jesus, and using your standards his words cannot be trusted.

So, do you ignore the parts that are not the words of Jesus in the NT?

The NT does not exist without the OT, The NT has no meaning without the OT.

Paul is just a dude, he is not Jesus, and using your standards his words cannot be trusted.
1. Not ignore them, just saying direct quotes are the best info there is. Apostles interpreting/explaining what they were directly taught also is better info than what "prophets" wrote.

2. The NT doesn't depend upon the OT today. Maybe it did during Christ's life as the fulfilling of prophesy, but not today. Today the OT is outdated info, superseded by the NT, as Paul explained.

3. Paul is an Apostle, chosen directly by God, to document and build His religion. OT prophets are just dudes who knew how to write, mostly about circumcision. <g>

So these same peace loving Palestinians had the duty to join up with Israel to destroy Hamas.

They don’t.

That's a cool fantasy, but out in the real world most people just want to get by.

When was the last time you put your life on the line for some political ideas?

Last edited:
3. Paul is an Apostle, chosen directly by God, to document and build His religion. OT prophets are just dudes who knew how to write, mostly about circumcision. <g>

Just like in everything in your life, even your faith is inconsistent. The OT prophets were chosen directly by God and wrote what God inspired them to write, no different than Paul or any of the other NT writers.

Forum List

Back