Outrage After Local High School Recites Pledge of Allegiance in Arabic

Why be so knee-jerk about everything?

Learning other languages helps kids to learn other things too.

And, what better way to interest Muslims in the US than to teach them the Pledge of Allegiance?

Try opening your mind a bit.

Just a little.

Every day I'm reminded how f#cked up my country is. Hundreds of millions of people speak some dialect of Arabic. If I'm not mistaken all Muslim prayer is in Arabic. It's an important foreign language. Get over it.
We have so a huge bulk of muslims. Let's learn Arabic.
We have many Mexican immigrants. So let's learn Spanish...
Are you kidding me??? The "official" language here in MY country is English! Our forefathers spoke English, and that and God moulded the foundation of this country. All peoples who immigrated here from everywhere else figured out how to speak the language and get along in this society established here. So should any others do the same. When in Rome, do as the Romans. That means, fit in. That doesn't mean try and make the culture fit you. That's the lazy egotistical approach. It enrages me that I can no longer make a simple phone call without having to sit through a Spanish translation. I bought a freaking new mattress pad the other day, here in America, and on the label below the title was a repeat in Spanish. The item was most likely made in China. If they can get it right in China why can't Mexicans, the majority of which are here illegally, do the same. In case you aren't aware, English has become the worldwide language. Other nations actually teach it in their schools, everywhere. That's what happens when you've managed to become the leader on the planet. It's only logical!

Every day I'm reminded how f#cked up my country is. Hundreds of millions of people speak some dialect of Arabic. If I'm not mistaken all Muslim prayer is in Arabic. It's an important foreign language. Get over it.
We have so a huge bulk of muslims. Let's learn Arabic.
We have many Mexican immigrants. So let's learn Spanish...
Are you kidding me??? The "official" language here in MY country is English! Our forefathers spoke English, and that and God moulded the foundation of this country. All peoples who immigrated here from everywhere else figured out how to speak the language and get along in this society established here. So should any others do the same. When in Rome, do as the Romans. That means, fit in. That doesn't mean try and make the culture fit you. That's the lazy egotistical approach. It enrages me that I can no longer make a simple phone call without having to sit through a Spanish translation. I bought a freaking new mattress pad the other day, here in America, and on the label below the title was a repeat in Spanish. The item was most likely made in China. If they can get it right in China why can't Mexicans, the majority of which are here illegally, do the same. In case you aren't aware, English has become the worldwide language. Other nations actually teach it in their schools, everywhere. That's what happens when you've managed to become the leader on the planet. It's only logical!
So tell us, what is your first language? I ask this because it obviously isn't English.

Every anthem should be in English because that is the language of global business. Only bigots would object to this.

Every anthem should be in English because that is the language of global business. Only bigots would object to this.
Bull Shit. Anthems dont have anything to do with business.
Only insecure and bigoted individuals who couldn't speak English would be offended by this change to their anthem. They need to get with the times and realize English is the preeminent language throughout the world.

Only insecure and bigoted individuals who couldn't speak English would be offended by this change to their anthem. They need to get with the times and realize English is the preeminent language throughout the world.
What does that have to do with anthems being sung? Cave monkeys have a hard time making sense.

What does that have to do with anthems being sung? Cave monkeys have a hard time making sense.
You sound like an anglophobe. Only bigoted xenophobes would oppose their anthems and pledges being sung in English. Why are they so threatened? They should get with the times and realize we are a global community now.

You sound like an anglophobe. Only bigoted xenophobes would oppose their anthems and pledges being sung in English. Why are they so threatened? They should get with the times and realize we are a global community now.
I dont care if they are sung in english, spanish, swahili or whatever. Why would I be threatened? You are the one that sounds threatened.

I dont care if they are sung in english, spanish, swahili or whatever. Why would I be threatened? You are the one that sounds threatened.
You shouldn't be threatened by having all anthems and pledges in english. Glad you aren't a bigot. Unfortunately, there are anglophobic xenophobes out there that disagree and would be so narrow-minded as to oppose this in their schools. Why are they so threatened and narrow minded?

You shouldn't be threatened by having all anthems and pledges in english. Glad you aren't a bigot. Unfortunately, there are anglophobic xenophobes out there that disagree and would be so narrow-minded as to oppose this in their schools. Why are they so threatened and narrow minded?
I'm not threatened. I say most of my anthems in english. I just dont care if other people say them in another language. Why are you so full of fear that you cant handle people saying anthems in different languages?

I'm not threatened. I say most of my anthems in english. I just dont care if other people say them in another language. Why are you so full of fear that you cant handle people saying anthems in different languages?
Why do you keep insisting you aren't threatened? You should not be. Glad you aren't a bigot. Unfortunately we live in a world still where many refuse to get with the times and learn English. They don't even recite it for their anthems at school, the bigots.

Why do you keep insisting you aren't threatened? You should not be. Glad you aren't a bigot. Unfortunately we live in a world still where many refuse to get with the times and learn English. They don't even recite it for their anthems at school, the bigots.
Because I'm not threatened. You are though. Its obvious. You are afraid your genes are going to betray you here shortly. Its ok but just know I know.

Because I'm not threatened. You are though. Its obvious. You are afraid your genes are going to betray you here shortly. Its ok but just know I know.
I am not threatened. I am not a bigot. I now speak English. Nations and anthems are outdated and narrow minded concepts. I think nations and anthems should be erased because they breed xenophobia and nationalism. I speak English only as opposed to my first language because I am not a xenophobe. I am a global citizen. One language, no nations.

Forum List

Back