Outlaws - They live outside the law.

The only reason the US doesn't already have such measures is politics.

Safer streets for whom? Criminals?

No, it's because of the US Constitution

-Geaux

Where in the constitution does it protect the ownership of illegal weapons?

If you're comfortable with the degree of gang violence in your neighbourhood, then stick with that.

If you think gangs commit too much crime - then do something about it.

I don't care what gangs do. Does not effect me. If they intended to effect me, I will meet force with equal force. Instead as long as they stay across the tracks and take each other out such as they do, have at it

-Geaux

Nightfox -

I probably could have been a little clearer.

I meant that if he US were to adopt safety-based gun laws, those laws can also impede the flow of arms into the hands of gangs etc. Most countries already do this, and it is not difficult.

For instance, by tightening border security and rules concerning the import of weapons.
HIGHLY unlikely to have any effect, since "outlaws" don't care what laws you pass (that's why they're outlaws) and they don't need to import weapons since the U.S. already has significant domestic weapons production not to mention guns are not that difficult to manufacture illegally especially when you have working models to copy.

It's a case of analyzing how gangs acquire weapon, identifying the seller or origin, and then closing down that pipeline as much as possible. It won't work 100% of the time, but it can work a lot of the time.
This is a bassackwards approach to the problem, if one wants to actually address the problem of gun violence then one needs to understand the root causes and attack those. I can tell you one thing for certain, guns aren't the root cause of gun violence, they're just the means. Adding/changing laws is only going to serve to impede law abiding citizens from acquiring/owning guns, criminals don't care about the law so it's not going to deter them in the least, in fact it's just going to make the illegal trade in weapons more lucrative and thus more attractive.

gun violence is a sub set of violence it would better to address violence in general

I worry about this more than gang punks

-Geaux

Dictators and Gun Control | America In Chains

perhaps you missed the message by the left earlier this year

that adolf was a supporter of gun ownership

that he expanded gun rights in Germany

and that would be true

except if you had been a jew or any political threat to the party

in as much would be the same here if guns become banned

those that are connected will have firearm protection

we already see it

plenty of libs get on the soap box preaching about taking away

your firearms while they themselves enjoy the benefits of firearm protection

I don't care what gangs do. Does not effect me. If they intended to effect me, I will meet force with equal force. Instead as long as they stay across the tracks and take each other out such as they do, have at it

-Geaux

Firstly, that is an appallingly selfish attitude.

Secondly, it's false. Gang violence costs you in the immense cost it brings to society. Do you not think policing gangs costs anything?

-Geaux

Firstly, that is an appallingly selfish attitude.

Secondly, it's false. Gang violence costs you in the immense cost it brings to society. Do you not think policing gangs costs anything?

Selfish? I say not. I just MYOB

Gang violence exist because there are not severe enough consequences to deter it

Lastly, society is jacked. Society is what voted in the biggest disaster to ever be President in Adolf Obama

-Geaux

Last edited:

Forum List

Back