Our founding fathers were not conservative

Intense, the dots are clearly there. You merely have difficulty understanding that your connections are wrong. That is OK, because as Americans it is our right to quarrel with each other.

There you go stating your opinion as fact, again.

And... no one on this board, or anywhere else in the USA, needs your permission to disagree or to be reminded what rights they have. Ya ain't God, Joke.... you're just a poster.... like most of us.

Last edited:
there, I said it. Feel free to prove me wrong with empirical fact. go on :eusa_eh:

They obviously weren't conservative. They were revolutionaries, which makes them radicals.

So if they have good qualities; qualities you admire, they can't be conservative?

If they were anti-government they couldn't possibly be conservative?

So what does that make the Tea Party?

I bet Port Security and Food Inspection would be better for it. Higher Tariff soon will be the only way domestic labor will be able to compete. Fuck the subsidies while we are at it, reduce Government size, and it's will in picking winners and losers.

I hear you. Protectionism seems to be working wonders for China

Sadly, our debt situation (and the rest of the West) makes it almost impossible for the US to return to the type of tax system we had prior to 1913. (how convenient for the left)

Indeed, how can we continue to get money from the Chinese to finance our debt, if we are not allowing the same amount of money to flow to them via our imports.

Sadly, they are our new masters

Last edited:
You know Thomas Paine suggested both a progressive income tax, and Social Security, right?

That's a talking pointless.

I want you to provide the link to the THREAD in which you allegedly did your job.

You might be confusing me with someone else in this thread. I never claimed to have "done my job"

Sorry. I didn't look at the username and thought I was replying again to agitator. My bad. Does a big WHOOPS cover it? :redface:

You know Thomas Paine suggested both a progressive income tax, and Social Security, right?

That's a talking pointless.

I want you to provide the link to the THREAD in which you allegedly did your job.

i'll assume you are responding to me

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...g-father-american-revolutionary-quotes-4.html

Your assumption is correct. And thanks for providing the linkie. I will peruse it in due course.

By the way, agreement or disagreement aside, it's time to wish you a Happy Holiday Season.

(I normally try to just say "Merry Christmas" but sometimes the more generic Holiday wishes serve a larger purpose.)

Well, let's think it through.

The fundamental values espoused by the Founders and Framers when it comes to government is in line with the thinking of today's conservatives.

The liberals reject the Founders' and Framers' notions of the proper role of government, by and large.

So, if it's true that in their day the Founders were not "conservatives," it's also true that in our day they would be anything but "liberals."

Actually, they were mostly Liberals. They damn near copied Locke word-for-word in some of their writings.

Actually "they WERE" liberals for that time. But the modern American liberal, as I correctly said before, does NOT place the same value on the proper LIMITED role of government as the "liberals" of those by-gone days placed on it.

The ones who TODAY place that value on the LIMITED role of government are the conservatives. The Founders would NOT embrace the "values" of the modern American liberal.

Last edited:
there, I said it. Feel free to prove me wrong with empirical fact. go on :eusa_eh:

It's up to you to prove your claim with empirical fact, bub.

They certainly weren't progressive totalitarians, as evidenced by the Constitution.

Conservatives swear fealty to God, King and Country..or the Tories.

Liberals don't..the Founders.

Whoops!
TITLE 28 > PART I > CHAPTER 21 > § 453
Prev | Next
§ 453. Oaths of justices and judges

Each justice or judge of the United States shall take the following oath or affirmation before performing the duties of his office: “I, XXX XXX, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will administer justice without respect to persons, and do equal right to the poor and to the rich, and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge and perform all the duties incumbent upon me as XXX under the Constitution and laws of the United States. So help me God.”

It's up to you to prove your claim with empirical fact, bub.

They certainly weren't progressive totalitarians, as evidenced by the Constitution.

The facts prove that the Founders were neither liberal nor conservative. They were individuals, each with their own thoughts and ideas, who came together in the best interests of their fellow man... and created the greatest nation on the planet. It is to our shame that we now trivialize their achievements in the obsession of partisanship.

Whoops!
Prev | Next

Each justice or judge of the United States shall take the following oath or affirmation before performing the duties of his office: “I, XXX XXX, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will administer justice without respect to persons, and do equal right to the poor and to the rich, and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge and perform all the duties incumbent upon me as XXX under the Constitution and laws of the United States. So help me God.”

And?

Find god in the Constitution.

Whoops!
Prev | Next

And?

Find god in the Constitution.

That wasn't the claim. I've already refuted the claim. You're wrong. Now on to the next point.

The founders were very much liberal. They were also not in lockstep with each other. Some had more conservative values then others. Some owned slaves. But that's the thing with Liberals..there is room for growth.

With Conservatives the meme..if it ain't broke don't fix it..is the rule.

Our founding fathers were not conservative

Agreed. They were very much liberals for their day.

If we must label them - as a group - then the appropriate word is 'revolutionary'. Personally, I disagree with the whole moronic obsession with trying to claim the Founders as any one group or another.

I said liberals for their day. That's a far cry from what we consider liberalism in this country to be today.

Forum List

Back