“Our farm is 3.2 hectares and my grandfather farmed it from 1922......

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
image (2).jpg

“Our farm is 3.2 hectares and my grandfather farmed it from 1922 until 1954 when my father took it over and then when my father died in 1984, I began farming the land. We grow mainly vegetables which we sell locally in Palestine, ” said Mr Taneeb, speaking through an interpreter.

Visiting Palestinians believe Israel’s goal ‘is to uproot us from our land’

A Palestinian farming couple have urged Irish politicians to back a Bill by Independent Senator Frances Black which would prohibit Irelandpurchasing products from the occupied territories.

They have said the legislation would help Palestinians to continue farming in the West Bank.

Fayez (58) and Muna al-Taneeb (55) farm 3.2 hectares of land near the Palestinian town of Tulkarm in the northern West Bank. They explained the impact that the Israeli occupation is having on their attempts to farm the small holding, which has been in the family for almost 100 years.

“Our farm is 3.2 hectares and my grandfather farmed it from 1922 until 1954 when my father took it over and then when my father died in 1984, I began farming the land. We grow mainly vegetables which we sell locally in Palestine, ” said Mr Taneeb, speaking through an interpreter.

But the small holding is literally in the shadow of the Separation Wall built by Israel to cordon off Israeli settlements on the West Bank deemed illegal by the UN Security Council. And trying to maintain it has presented a huge challenge to the couple whose five children assist them on the farm.

Military training
Mr Taneeb told how the Israeli army took over the farm to conduct military training but the family managed to regain the land and began planting it with crops. More recently, the Israeli army has built the separation wall through the property, resulting in the loss of over 60 per cent of the holding.

“The occupation and establishment of settlements – there is an Israel industrial settlement bordering our farm – has made our lives very difficult. The goal of the Israeli military occupation is to uproot us from our land and take it from us,” he said, as he met Irish farmers in Co Cork.

“As well, there is also pollution coming from the Israeli industrial settlement and that makes it more difficult, but we began to look at organic farming and now use specially designed greenhouses to avoid the pollution from the Israeli factories.”

Mr Taneeb said they have hosted international groups and they felt a bond with farmers at St Mary’s Church of Ireland in Carrigaline, Co Cork, whom they met on Monday. They too share the same universal ties to the soil and the land that unites farmers all over the world, he said.

Israeli occupation
He said Ms Black’s Bill was helping to highlight the illegal nature of the Israeli occupation of the West Bank and it was important that Ireland backed the Bill to prevent the settlements like those impinging on his family farm from becoming legitimised.

Ms Black said her bill, the Control of Economic Activity (Occupied Territories) 2018, was the first its kind to come before a parliament in Europe and it sought to prohibit the import and sale of goods and services originating in illegal settlements such as those in the West Bank.

“The amount of produce that we import from the occupied territories is relatively small – mainly fruit and vegetables and some garden furniture, but the value of this Bill is symbolic in that it says very clearly that Ireland does not support the illegal occupation of Palestine by Israel”.

View attachment 203922

Where are the facts, documentation?
Maybe I can say that times square is my farm because I peed on the trees for 50 years,
"Irland give me the Times Square!" :yapyapyapf:

View attachment 203922

Maybe I can say that times square is my farm because I peed on the trees for 50 years,
"Irland give me the Times Square!" :yapyapyapf:
You are free to piss wherever you want seems to be all you want anyway, but you can't expect anyone to take it seriously.

View attachment 203922

"Irland give me the Times Square!"
You are free to piss wherever you want seems to be all you want anyway, but you can't expect anyone to take it seriously.

That's comical, all I asked for were facts and documentation.
Still waiting...:yapyapyapf:

View attachment 203922

You have my quiet blessing.

Incredible,
people are supposed to take every word said by Palestinians as divine revelation

BS-Meter.jpg

View attachment 203922

Obviously Britain didn't have a problem with his ownership. Jordan didn't either. Now an internet troll wants to see the deed.:wtf:

View attachment 203922

Obviously Britain didn't have a problem with his ownership. Jordan didn't either. Now an internet troll wants to see the deed.:wtf:

Well they keep saying that...
How do You know he didn't show up 5 years ago?

:dunno:

images (8).jpeg

Renowned Israeli historian, Ilan Pappe's groundbreaking book revisits the formation of the State of Israel. Between 1947 and 1949, over 400 Palestinian villages were deliberately destroyed, civilians were massacred and around a million men, women, and children were expelled from their homes at gunpoint.

Denied for almost six decades, had it happened today it could only have been called "ethnic cleansing". Decisively debunking the myth that the Palestinian population left of their own accord in the course of this war, Ilan Pappe offers impressive archival evidence to demonstrate that, from its very inception, a central plank in Israel's founding ideology was the forcible removal of the indigenous population. Indispensable for anyone interested in the current crisis in the Middle East.

The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine

View attachment 203928

Renowned Israeli historian, Ilan Pappe's groundbreaking book revisits the formation of the State of Israel. Between 1947 and 1949, over 400 Palestinian villages were deliberately destroyed, civilians were massacred and around a million men, women, and children were expelled from their homes at gunpoint.

Denied for almost six decades, had it happened today it could only have been called "ethnic cleansing". Decisively debunking the myth that the Palestinian population left of their own accord in the course of this war, Ilan Pappe offers impressive archival evidence to demonstrate that, from its very inception, a central plank in Israel's founding ideology was the forcible removal of the indigenous population. Indispensable for anyone interested in the current crisis in the Middle East.

Nice fiction.
There's a Sherlock Holmes statue in London, people don't reference him in real lawsuits.
Does that prove their claims about the farm?

View attachment 203928

Nice fiction.
There's a Sherlock Holmes statue in London, people don't reference him in real lawsuits.
Oh please. The Palestinians have spoken. In my regular library they have a dozen books with hundreds of citations and proofs of the ethnic cleansing and other war crimes by Israel. And theyr selection is a limited one.

View attachment 203928

Nice fiction.
Oh please. The Palestinians have spoken. In my regular library they have a dozen books with hundreds of citations and proofs of the ethnic cleansing and other war crimes by Israel. And theyr selection is a limited one.
All I'm saying, taken each case to examination it becomes what we see here - badly put fiction and an obvious lack of facts.

View attachment 203928

Nice fiction.
All I'm saying, taken each case to examination it becomes what we see here - badly put fiction and an obvious lack of facts.
Well you have a few publishing houses sweating in their knickers.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

View attachment 203928

Nice fiction.

Are they selling their divine revelations for $$$?

View attachment 203928

Nice fiction.

I don't get it. Again.

Nice fiction.

I don't get it. Again.

I have a book where I document the number of times my dog peed on specific trees in the radius of of 3.3 miles around Your house for 20 years.

That's wouldn't do in the court of law, but at least more documented than Your demented storytelling festivals.

I don't get it. Again.

I have a book where I document the number of times my dog peed on specific trees in the radius of of 3.3 miles around Your house for 20 years.

That's wouldn't do in the court of law, but at least more documented than Your demented storytelling festivals.
You've made a huge blunder - I don't have a house. I hope it was worth the trouble though.

I don't get it. Again.

You've made a huge blunder - I don't have a house. I hope it was worth the trouble though.

It's no trouble showing You have nothing.
You do half the job.

Forum List

Back