Oreos may be as addictive as cocaine, morphine

How can you be a dry drunk?

Alcoholism stops a person's developmental growth when they get addicted. If the alcoholic is 15 when he started drinking and 45 when he stopped, he still thinks and behaves as if he was 15 because that is what age he was when he checked out. There are also certain behavior patterns and family dynamics that continue even though the person is sober.

Dry Drunk - Dry Drunk Syndrome

Hmm thats very interesting.

Great, now all I want is an ice cold glass of milk and some oreos. We're out of both. :mad:

oreos-by-herobyday1.jpg

How can you be a dry drunk?

Alcoholism stops a person's developmental growth when they get addicted. If the alcoholic is 15 when he started drinking and 45 when he stopped, he still thinks and behaves as if he was 15 because that is what age he was when he checked out. There are also certain behavior patterns and family dynamics that continue even though the person is sober.

Dry Drunk - Dry Drunk Syndrome

Hmm thats very interesting.

I think the end result is the person's family and friends say WTF "His Majesty the Baby"acts just like he did when he was drunk only now he remembers where he parked the car...:mad:

My problem is M&M's w/peanuts
Maybe there's an M&M Anonymous group I can join
There is, but unfortunately, it's on an island more remote than Pitcairn's Island. Yo ho ho and a bottle of.... coconut milk.

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

what was it...the plant they were after?

breadfruit?

it is not really the sugar that is killing us...its the carb that quickly convert to sugar....
o hell its not like i can eat sugar either....
I think there's a plant called dock, and they were looking for the shipwreck specie. :D

"Our research supports the theory that high-fat/high-sugar foods stimulate the brain in the same way that drugs do," co-author Joseph Schroeder, an associate professor of neuroscience at Connecticut College in New London, Conn., said in a press release. "It may explain why some people can't resist these foods despite the fact that they know they are bad for them."

Researchers tested rats' affinity for the chocolatey sandwich cookie in several lab experiments. Co-author Jamie Honohan explained that Oreos were chosen not only for their taste, but because they have high amounts of fat and sugar and are marketed heavily in areas where people tend to have lower socioeconomic status and higher obesity rates."

Oreos may be as addictive as cocaine, morphine - CBS News

I never liked Oreos, too salty. Nevertheless, this illustrates how the food industry likes to make prepared food not for consumption in as much as to generate cash.

I find that Doritos are addictive. Once I start, it's hard to put the bag down. I seldom buy them for that reason, and then just the small vending machine size.

A thing I found funny about the original article was how the rats also ate the centers out of the Oreos first.

I tested out all the common pain relievers during a couple days of a bad toothache.

Aspirin, I took it until my ears rang (indicating overdose levels), and it had no effect at all on the pain.

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) worked, but only for 1 hour. There was no way to keep up the necessary dosage, as such an overdose would have destroyed my liver.

Ibuprofin, each dose worked for 3 hours. Much less overdose danger. Just some stomach bleeding, which was better than the toothache. I bless the inventors of ibuprofin.

The codeine was interesting. It still hurt as bad, but I just didn't care. Yeah, it's still agonizing. Isn't is great?

Naproxen sodium (Aleve) was a later invention, so I haven't had reason to try it.

A thing I found funny about the original article was how the rats also ate the centers out of the Oreos first.

I tested out all the common pain relievers during a couple days of a bad toothache.

Aspirin, I took it until my ears rang (indicating overdose levels), and it had no effect at all on the pain.

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) worked, but only for 1 hour. There was no way to keep up the necessary dosage, as such an overdose would have destroyed my liver.

Ibuprofin, each dose worked for 3 hours. Much less overdose danger. Just some stomach bleeding, which was better than the toothache. I bless the inventors of ibuprofin.

The codeine was interesting. It still hurt as bad, but I just didn't care. Yeah, it's still agonizing. Isn't is great?

Naproxen sodium (Aleve) was a later invention, so I haven't had reason to try it.

I took Bextra until they took it off the market. Just thankful I didn't have a stroke. I have a friend who did have a stroke on Vioxx.

Look for the qualifying words. It isn't science anymore it's a conglomeration of pop culture, unemployed "scientists" and editorials designed to catch the eye and make a buck. "It may explain"..."some people" are not scientific evaluations. The whole notion is ridiculous.

Exactly! I personally would like to give a choice to these "scientists" to decide which cell they would like to spend the night in. The cell with the guy coming off of heroin or the guy with the unsatisfied sweet tooth. This whole "study" is just idiotic.

Well, maybe that explains why I'm not an Oreo fan.

I was in a car wreck a few years ago, and got banged up a bit. They gave me morphine in the ER...nothin'. Didn't do anything for me.

I seem to lack the morphine/Oreo receptor.

Dave, just curious. Are you by any chance a redhead? Redheads are more difficult to 'numb'.

He is numb from the neck up to begin with.
Way to be a dick, dood.

"Our research supports the theory that high-fat/high-sugar foods stimulate the brain in the same way that drugs do," co-author Joseph Schroeder, an associate professor of neuroscience at Connecticut College in New London, Conn., said in a press release. "It may explain why some people can't resist these foods despite the fact that they know they are bad for them."

Researchers tested rats' affinity for the chocolatey sandwich cookie in several lab experiments. Co-author Jamie Honohan explained that Oreos were chosen not only for their taste, but because they have high amounts of fat and sugar and are marketed heavily in areas where people tend to have lower socioeconomic status and higher obesity rates."

I never liked Oreos, too salty. Nevertheless, this illustrates how the food industry likes to make prepared food not for consumption in as much as to generate cash.

[MENTION=40540]Connery[/MENTION]

Not sure about a comparison to heroin and cocaine, but alcohol is mostly sugar. Many people in alcohol rehab eat huge amounts of sugar to replace what they have lost when they stopped drinking. Many alcoholics are also diabetics.

I have never tried heroin or cocaine. Somehow I would like to imagine they are better than an Oreo. If they are not, what a waste of time and money for the addicts. Next time someone hits you up for a buck on the street, hand them an Oreo and see what happens. :D

They talk about brain stimulation and not about the garden variety of junkie. I hardly think if I went to my street corner and started hawking dime bags of Oreos I would have much success.
You will if they legalize pot where you live.

OheMGee... sawry... I gotsa have my peanut butter Oreos. They don't show up around here very often and I buy them on sale. I must get two packages or the middle child and I will ... well let's just say, he comes out on the losing end cause I'm the MOM! (but I will share with him) :eusa_angel:

Oreos? thats racist.:badgrin:

totally repped maroon!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oreos are not addictive, I've eaten them all my life and I'm not hooked yet.

Forum List

Back