Oregon's Magic Mushroom Experiment

badger2

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2016
Cannot imagine Dumbocrats noticing anything different but if Turdy obtains rabies clearance I would happily contribute to a Board Funding Project to see what benefits a chronically handicapped person might achieve .

Cannot imagine Dumbocrats noticing anything different but if Turdy obtains rabies clearance I would happily contribute to a Board Funding Project to see what benefits a chronically handicapped person might achieve .
Here's the evolutionary chron for Eugene, Oregon:

1. A very democratic, eclectic city. Males wore skirts, raves and piercings were rampant. Street preachers used bull-horns to accent their discourse. We would release our energies naturally by dancing at Iggie's (very therapeutic, no freak costumes were necessary, anyone could attend).

2. Yuppies moved into the 'hood, Iggie's disappeared, no more dancing and having fun. This set the stage for the sociological injection of sad effects and intensified neuroses were fertile territory for evolution into psychosis. Vasectomies were free.

3. An offshoot of Food Not Bombs (San Francisco) was also a very democratic hostel. The hostel changed hands and a more "German-style", remodeled hostel appeared after FNB moved out.

4. Subsequently, Oregon's self-assisted suicide legislation evolved as the politics spilled over into genetics and pre-morbid phenomena (PTSD, dysphorias of every kind).

These have proven medical benefits when micro dosed, but don't take my word for it, do your own research, of which more is desperately needed. Mushrooms are amazing in their own right, and there is so much we don't know about them.

The thing is, you gotta have wet and over 80 degrees for mushrooms. :terror:

I doubt it's that in Oregon very often at all.

Now it was 93 with 80% humidity here yesterday afternoon. Went outside for 6 minutes and my shirt was soaked.

These have proven medical benefits when micro dosed, but don't take my word for it, do your own research, of which more is desperately needed. Mushrooms are amazing in their own right, and there is so much we don't know about them.
True, though there is the added conundrum of the diversity of genomes. Don't give a diversity doctor any pop-quizzes on this. Every individual is unique. We should take a closer look at the archives.

did mushrooms once out in the Mohave Desert one night around '75.....pretty nice.....
Psilocybin the compound, enhances hearing. That is why it is popular amongst musicians. Is this an illusion or is it not?

Psilocybin the compound, enhances hearing. That is why it is popular amongst musicians. Is this an illusion or is it not?
The effects of certain mushrooms on PTSD and depression is something researchers are just discovering, but the effect this has on both is very promising. And it also has shown remarkable progress on combatting and ending alcoholism in chronic drunks.

The effects of certain mushrooms on PTSD and depression is something researchers are just discovering, but the effect this has on both is very promising. And it also has shown remarkable progress on combatting and ending alcoholism in chronic drunks.
Yes, this year we personally spoke with posters @ a neuro conference here at UW, as they explained the approach and science. These are cutting-edge young academics. We mentioned that at one time, psychotropic grasses (Stipa spp.) were growing in planters on the streets of Eugene, though many Eugenians did not know it.

In order to use mushrooms in Oregon, you have to sign up and take them in the presence of a "counselor", you can't buy them and take them home. Also, the cost is very high, I believe it is somewhere in the $600 to $800 range per session. I have no idea if you have to show some medical or personal need for these in order to be accepted for a "session", I just hope researchers discover the medical effects of psilocybin.

I saw some kind of reality TV or something where they give people mushrooms in a controlled envirnment.

Pretty interesting. :dunno:

In order to use mushrooms in Oregon, you have to sign up and take them in the presence of a "counselor", you can't buy them and take them home. Also, the cost is very high, I believe it is somewhere in the $600 to $800 range per session. I have no idea if you have to show some medical or personal need for these in order to be accepted for a "session", I just hope researchers discover the medical effects of psilocybin.
Pah! Walk out to the pasture, pluck out of cow pie, pour beer to rinse off, and eat.

:terror:

Pah! Walk out to the pasture, pluck out of cow pie, pour beer to rinse off, and eat.

:terror:
There are old mushroom hunters. There are bold mushroom hunters. There are no old, bold mushroom hunters. Caution is advised. Little brown mushrooms (LBMs, ex. Galerina autumnalis) is a prime, deadly example.

Forum List

Back