Oregon's Governor orders State Police to Round up GOP State Senators

Yawn. As best as I know, every state has some kind of mechanism that allows for this kind if thing. So does the federal Congress. If members are absent the sergeant-at-arms can be ordered to arrest the absent members and compel their attendance.

I remember a few years back Democrats in Texas wanted to prevent a quorum so they fled to Oklahoma to prevent the state authorities from bringing them back to Austin.

Oregon Senators Shoot Down Ban On Foam Food Containers, Approve Bag Regulations

Oregon senators on Tuesday rejected a bill to ban foam food containers statewide, a somewhat surprising rebuke in a year when lawmakers have been willing to regulate other plastic products.

The bill’s failure came not long after senators passed another bill, House Bill 2509, that will prevent grocery stores statewide from using single-use plastic bags. That bill passed in a 17-12 vote. It now moves to the desk of Gov. Kate Brown.

The bills were two of the most impactful bills seeking to limit plastic use considered this legislation session. A third proposal, Senate Bill 90, restricts restaurants and convenience stores from handing out single-use plastic straws unless a customer asks. That bill received final passage in the House earlier this month, and is awaiting a signature from the governor.

h7004A4D5

Yawn. As best as I know, every state has some kind of mechanism that allows for this kind if thing. So does the federal Congress. If members are absent the sergeant-at-arms can be ordered to arrest the absent members and compel their attendance.

I remember a few years back Democrats in Texas wanted to prevent a quorum so they fled to Oklahoma to prevent the state authorities from bringing them back to Austin.
Whatever............I'm pointing out how retarded Oregon is in this thread. They are RETARDED.

And they will destroy the state.

Another state with Liberal Locusts destroying it.

Whatever............I'm pointing out how retarded Oregon is in this thread. They are RETARDED.

And they will destroy the state.

Another state with Liberal Locusts destroying it.

Really? Because it sounded like you were claiming that arresting the absent legislators is militant and possibly kidnapping. I could have sworn those exact words were in the OP. Didn't see anything about the populace being retarded.

Do your damn job and figure this shit out. Stop the bullshit games like this.

Oregon is incapable of learning from California’s mistakes and are doomed to repeat them. Apparently the state is full of rich folks like California.

Forum List

Back