Operation destroy the gop

ā€˜Operation Destroy the GOPā€™, by Jonah Goldberg, National Review

Obviously, I donā€™t know for certain that Donald Trump is really trying to lay the groundwork for a cable-TV network, though a lot of smart and informed people I know think thatā€™s the case. If youā€™re looking for a theory to explain what Trump and Campaign CEO Steve Bannon ā€” the former head of Breitbart News ā€” are doing, it makes a hell of a lot more sense than this fanciful notion that heā€™s trying to become president. Since the convention, only once did he make any serious effort to expand his losing coalition to a larger, winning coalition: His tone-deaf, ridiculous, and utterly fake appeals to black voters. ā€œOur African-American communities are absolutely in the worst shape theyā€™ve ever been in before,ā€ Trump said. ā€œEver. Ever. Ever.ā€

Put aside how utterly absurd this claim is (rent Roots if you donā€™t know what I mean) and how understandably offensive it is to a lot of black people, it was never intended to win black votes. The campaign had this idea that white suburban women would be swayed by Trumpā€™s ā€œconcernā€ for blacks. He failed ā€” which should have been obvious from the start.

And thatā€™s it. For the rest of the campaign heā€™s been whipping up his 38 percent of the electorate into a kind of frenzy. Some people think heā€™s betting that he can dampen turnout generally, while spiking his base to win the election. Maybe. Or maybe thatā€™s the rationalization they throw out there to distract from the more realistic goal: the launch of Nutter News Network. Read the transcript of Trumpā€™s speech from Thursday railing about the globalist corporate-media conspiracy. It might as well be the mission statement for Bannonā€™s new enterprise, a network that stands up to the global cabal siphoning off our vital bodily fluids (in between commercials for water deflouridizers and gas masks). Why has Trump done scores of interviews on Fox and virtually nowhere else the last two months? Because heā€™s not interested in winning over undecideds, independents, or swing voters ā€” you know the sort of thing serious presidential candidates do. No, heā€™s reselling the same product to people whoā€™ve already bought it so he can take the customers with him after the election. Why is Trump constantly saying that if he loses it will be because the election was rigged?

Why is he wasting precious time attacking fellow Republicans, a move guaranteed to shrink his coalition even further? Because he wants the faithful to be permanently alienated from the rest of the political culture and utterly reliant on him. In fairness, itā€™s also because he canā€™t tolerate the idea that people will reasonably conclude that heā€™s a loser and choker so he has to lay the groundwork for the claim the other side cheated. But that narcissistic insecurity just makes him all the more susceptible to Bannonā€™s manipulation. He was such a Bannon puppet yesterday you could almost see Bannonā€™s fingers moving in the back of Trumpā€™s mouth.

Read more at: ā€˜Operation Destroy the GOPā€™, by Jonah Goldberg, National Review

This is what I've been saying since the convention. He hasn't really even been trying to reach out and build a coalition. He could still pull off a win somehow. Anything is possible. But his nomination has almost certainly guaranteed Hillary the presidency. And that's sad.
The reason we are in this situation is because idiots rely on the opinions of others to form their own opinions rather than using their own logic & reason.

A bunch of fucking lemmings

Yea, we should've went with a career sellout GOP'er stiff. That'd have been better. :scared1:
Our choices were a result of a generation of illogical reasoning and thinking. Has very little to do with who we ended up with now. Cumulative effect. Just like the left, many on the right simply can't think for themselves. Those media fools yall listen to are in it to earn a buck. Nothing more. Just like most of the politicians. Learn to think for yourselves

Dude, people made their choices and frankly thought it out pretty well. You're just still crying cos you didn't get one of your minions. You wouldn't be crying if it was Rubio, Walker, Cruz, etc.

This is how I'm forming my opinion of you:

8a9574270f9af23171118ddd3e865112.jpg

znzjo.jpg
giphy.gif

Yea, way to use it after I had thrashed utterly thrashed Bush. And I didn't vote for the jackass twice; but you did vote for Obama twice and plan to vote for Hillary, which is sad.
I voted for Obama twice and I'll be out on a boat all of November 8. The country will either vote to carry on or to take the nuclear option. I'll be curious to see what happens.

I'd be ashamed to vote for Hillary, too.
Doubt it. Since you're voting for a shameless lunatic.

This woman (sort of) should make every evangelical who plan to vote for Trump, very PROUD.......

CusJ0VWWYAAnWUS.jpg

Obviously, I donā€™t know for certain that Donald Trump is really trying to lay the groundwork for a cable-TV network, though a lot of smart and informed people I know think thatā€™s the case. If youā€™re looking for a theory to explain what Trump and Campaign CEO Steve Bannon ā€” the former head of Breitbart News ā€” are doing, it makes a hell of a lot more sense than this fanciful notion that heā€™s trying to become president. Since the convention, only once did he make any serious effort to expand his losing coalition to a larger, winning coalition: His tone-deaf, ridiculous, and utterly fake appeals to black voters. ā€œOur African-American communities are absolutely in the worst shape theyā€™ve ever been in before,ā€ Trump said. ā€œEver. Ever. Ever.ā€

Put aside how utterly absurd this claim is (rent Roots if you donā€™t know what I mean) and how understandably offensive it is to a lot of black people, it was never intended to win black votes. The campaign had this idea that white suburban women would be swayed by Trumpā€™s ā€œconcernā€ for blacks. He failed ā€” which should have been obvious from the start.

And thatā€™s it. For the rest of the campaign heā€™s been whipping up his 38 percent of the electorate into a kind of frenzy. Some people think heā€™s betting that he can dampen turnout generally, while spiking his base to win the election. Maybe. Or maybe thatā€™s the rationalization they throw out there to distract from the more realistic goal: the launch of Nutter News Network. Read the transcript of Trumpā€™s speech from Thursday railing about the globalist corporate-media conspiracy. It might as well be the mission statement for Bannonā€™s new enterprise, a network that stands up to the global cabal siphoning off our vital bodily fluids (in between commercials for water deflouridizers and gas masks). Why has Trump done scores of interviews on Fox and virtually nowhere else the last two months? Because heā€™s not interested in winning over undecideds, independents, or swing voters ā€” you know the sort of thing serious presidential candidates do. No, heā€™s reselling the same product to people whoā€™ve already bought it so he can take the customers with him after the election. Why is Trump constantly saying that if he loses it will be because the election was rigged?

Why is he wasting precious time attacking fellow Republicans, a move guaranteed to shrink his coalition even further? Because he wants the faithful to be permanently alienated from the rest of the political culture and utterly reliant on him. In fairness, itā€™s also because he canā€™t tolerate the idea that people will reasonably conclude that heā€™s a loser and choker so he has to lay the groundwork for the claim the other side cheated. But that narcissistic insecurity just makes him all the more susceptible to Bannonā€™s manipulation. He was such a Bannon puppet yesterday you could almost see Bannonā€™s fingers moving in the back of Trumpā€™s mouth.

Read more at: ā€˜Operation Destroy the GOPā€™, by Jonah Goldberg, National Review

This is what I've been saying since the convention. He hasn't really even been trying to reach out and build a coalition. He could still pull off a win somehow. Anything is possible. But his nomination has almost certainly guaranteed Hillary the presidency. And that's sad.
The reason we are in this situation is because idiots rely on the opinions of others to form their own opinions rather than using their own logic & reason.

Yea, we should've went with a career sellout GOP'er stiff. That'd have been better. :scared1:
Our choices were a result of a generation of illogical reasoning and thinking. Has very little to do with who we ended up with now. Cumulative effect. Just like the left, many on the right simply can't think for themselves. Those media fools yall listen to are in it to earn a buck. Nothing more. Just like most of the politicians. Learn to think for yourselves

Dude, people made their choices and frankly thought it out pretty well. You're just still crying cos you didn't get one of your minions. You wouldn't be crying if it was Rubio, Walker, Cruz, etc.
Except they didn't think it out. They mostly acted out of emotions because Trump was a good whore who touched all the right things.
Problem is he is the biggest fraud ever

Yea, way to use it after I had thrashed utterly thrashed Bush. And I didn't vote for the jackass twice; but you did vote for Obama twice and plan to vote for Hillary, which is sad.
I voted for Obama twice and I'll be out on a boat all of November 8. The country will either vote to carry on or to take the nuclear option. I'll be curious to see what happens.

That's a deflection. You're ashamed to vote for a felon; own it.

Except they didn't think it out. They mostly acted out of emotions because Trump was a good whore who touched all the right things.
Problem is he is the biggest fraud ever

That's always the risk. But the others were proven phonies.

There are no felons on any of the 50 state's ballots

Wrong.

Youā€™re in this situation because you allowed religious fundamentalists, social conservatives, libertarian loons, fiscal extremists, alt-right morons, TPM nitwits, racists, bigots, and conspiracy theorists to misappropriate the GOP.

There is. And her husband is a rapist for that matter.

There is. And her husband is a rapist for that matter.
No there isn't. Anyways, Trump is the only currently accused rapist in the Presidential race. And yet you don't care about that.

Wrong. Hillary is on the ballot in all 50 states.

She's not a felon. Try again.

Sure she is. She just hasn't been indicted yet.

So she's not. The end.

See, a delusional douche bag speaks.

Forum List

Back