Open Letter to CA Gov. Newson from a Parent Whose Kids Are Leaving the State

Same thing is happening in Illinois. Negative net population growth, primarily due to taxes. Businesses are leaving and people are leaving as well.

Since we bought our new home 6 years ago our mortgage payment has increased over 50% relative to when we moved in. The primary driver of that is taxes, and they just keep going up here. We now pay more in property taxes than we do to the mortgage component of the payment each month and that gap is growing. I don't know how that makes sense to anyone, but it doesn't to us any longer. That money just blows out the window to pay bills the state cannot keep up with.

Our plan is to leave also in the next 2 years. We've shopped other states, cost of living is sharply lower, wages are comparable and we'd be paying around 20% of the property taxes we are now on a larger home.

We'll be just like a lot of people leaving. 2 good incomes. Good careers. Just sick of getting fucked with no real solution on the horizon except raising of taxes by a state government that doesn't seem to have any other solution to the problem they created.

Go east one state.

We're looking at TN, actually. House on a lake for under 300. We have some friends there right outside Gatlinburg.

Or Portland. We have a lot of friends out there.

Illinois is in a death spiral it seems to me. Raise taxes. People leave. Revenue lags. Raise taxes. More people leave. Revenue continues to lag. lather, rinse, repeat.

They cannot just tax their way out of this, but it's the only method they seem to know. They created this mess and are now unwilling to take the steps necessary to apply any meaningful solution, as doing so would anger their base, so this is, of course, about them, their jobs, their fortunes etc., It's utterly insane.

A big yes to Tenn. but stay the heck away from Portland. There might be more homeless people there than San Fran or Seattle. They are full of Marxist feminist book stores and the left crazy meter goes all the way to bonkers.

I'd love to see their strategic vision on the leftcoast. Let's force all taxpayers out and replace them with homeless people and illegal immigrants. Sounds like a plan.

An Open Letter to Governor Gavin Newsom 5/20/19:

Governor Newsom,

The boxes are filled. The bags are packed. The hearts are breaking.
My family is about to be divided, separated, perhaps forever. I wish you cared.

Our wonderful daughter, along with her husband and their two young children has given up on life in California. The only place theyā€™ve ever called home has become intolerable for them. Theyā€™ve found a new home in a southern state, far away from here, in the real America.

Iā€™ve heard the story innumerable times- people leaving, or wanting to leave, what was once the paradise of the West Coast. Not so long ago, kids could walk down to the corner store, or to school, without their parents worrying about their safe return. No more.
You once could visit a neighborhood park, and not fear for your life. No more.
Walking across the street did not require careful examination of the pavement to avoid feces or used hypodermic needles. Now it does.

Illnesses are again being seen in this state that had been rare or non-existent until recently. Typhus, Tuberculosis, Mumps, Measles, Hepatitis A, B, and C are all here again. A worker on the upper floors at L.A. City Hall recently came down with typhus, spread by rats living in the disgusting conditions around the Civic Center.

But youā€™re concerned that I might ask for a plastic straw.

Your priorities for managing this state are crystal clear, and the middle class is nowhere near the top of the list. I learned in Civics class years ago that the primary job of government is to keep the people safe. What happened? When did our safety and well-being fall off the radar? Not too long ago, my daughter had her new vehicle stolen from her driveway, in the short time it took her to walk the kids to school. Someone was watching, waiting for them to leave. It gives me chills just thinking about it.

You release violent criminals back onto our streets to terrorize our communities, you proudly remove the death-penalty as an option, sending a friendly message to the worst of the worst, and you handcuff our law-enforcement officers, challenging their every move. Officers now must take an extra moment, perhaps just a second, questioning their training and best judgment, before using any amount of force to apprehend a violent criminal. When this results in another dead cop, and it will, the blood will be on your hands, sir.

A few weeks ago, we watched on television as a violent felon led police on a three-hour pursuit, destroying property and narrowly missing pedestrians and other vehicles. We saw him brutally beat his female passenger while driving close to 100 mph. Then last week, a murder suspect shot at police out the window of the car he was being pursued in. Itā€™s a miracle nobody was killed. Turns out, both suspects were free on ā€œearly releaseā€ through AB-109, that you and other politicians (who all live behind walls, with armed security) forced upon us in the name of compassion. Whereā€™s your compassion for law-abiding citizens, Mr. Governor?

And donā€™t get me started on taxes and regulations. The amount of money taken from us by this state is criminal. Just living here is expensive enough, but imagine trying to run a business and stay afloat. We have the highest gas prices/taxes in the country, and still our roads are a mess. I recently hit a pothole and the damage to my car was over $1000. We pay you enormous sums to manage the stateā€™s affairs, yet people by the thousands sleep on our streets at night. Homeless encampments are everywhere, in neighborhoods we never imagined theyā€™d be. And still, you want more. Thereā€™s a move now to weaken Prop. 13. No doubt it will pass. And I just read that you want to tax online sales now, too. Along with proposals to tax water, telephones, dairy products, fertilizers, health care, and more. But taxing those things will not affect the ā€œsuper rich 1%ā€. Theyā€™re just more hits on the middle class. You Sacramento politicians have an insatiable addiction to other peopleā€™s money. But many citizens have had enough and are walking away.

Which brings me back to my family.

Theyā€™re closing their business here. Youā€™ll get no more of their hard-earned money. Theyā€™ve purchased a home in their new state, big enough for the four of them and a dog or two. Maybe even a horse. The kids will get a great education. Theyā€™ll be able to leave a window open at night, knowing that the criminals are the ones who are afraid- afraid of the police, afraid of the courts, and afraid of the citizens who exercise their right to defend themselves. Oh, and gas there is about $2 a gallon.

Somehow, theyā€™ll have to survive without a Fantasy Train to nowhere, but Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll find a way to get by.

Meanwhile, your tax base shrinks and Atlas shrugs. Soon the only people left here will be the very rich and the very poor. Itā€™s almost as if you planned it that way.

And now, my family is broken. As are countless others. No more school plays, no more little league games. No more weekend breakfasts at IHOP or Thanksgiving dinners. Iā€™ll happily burn a ton of fossil fuel to go visit them at their new home as often as I can. But, I wonā€™t be there as an instant babysitter when needed on short notice, and Iā€™ll actually notice their growth from visit to visit. Iā€™ll pray every night for their safety and happiness in the years to come. And Iā€™ll cry that I canā€™t hold them tight. Iā€™m angry as hell, and I miss them desperately already.

But theyā€™ll get no going away card from you and no apologies. You simply donā€™t care.

Open Letter to CA Gov. Newson from a Parent Whose Kids Are Leaving the State Ā» Politichicks.com
4 out 20 in, it is called human movement.
California is the most populous for a reason.

Governor Newsom,

Our wonderful daughter, along with her husband and their two young children has given up on life in California. The only place theyā€™ve ever called home has become intolerable for them. Theyā€™ve found a new home in a southern state, far away from here, in the real America.

Iā€™ve heard the story innumerable times- people leaving, or wanting to leave, what was once the paradise of the West Coast. Not so long ago, kids could walk down to the corner store, or to school, without their parents worrying about their safe return. No more.
Walking across the street did not require careful examination of the pavement to avoid feces or used hypodermic needles. Now it does.

Illnesses are again being seen in this state that had been rare or non-existent until recently. Typhus, Tuberculosis, Mumps, Measles, Hepatitis A, B, and C are all here again. A worker on the upper floors at L.A. City Hall recently came down with typhus, spread by rats living in the disgusting conditions around the Civic Center.

Your priorities for managing this state are crystal clear, and the middle class is nowhere near the top of the list. I learned in Civics class years ago that the primary job of government is to keep the people safe. What happened? When did our safety and well-being fall off the radar? Not too long ago, my daughter had her new vehicle stolen from her driveway, in the short time it took her to walk the kids to school. Someone was watching, waiting for them to leave. It gives me chills just thinking about it.

You release violent criminals back onto our streets to terrorize our communities, you proudly remove the death-penalty as an option, sending a friendly message to the worst of the worst, and you handcuff our law-enforcement officers, challenging their every move. Officers now must take an extra moment, perhaps just a second, questioning their training and best judgment, before using any amount of force to apprehend a violent criminal. When this results in another dead cop, and it will, the blood will be on your hands, sir.

A few weeks ago, we watched on television as a violent felon led police on a three-hour pursuit, destroying property and narrowly missing pedestrians and other vehicles. We saw him brutally beat his female passenger while driving close to 100 mph. Then last week, a murder suspect shot at police out the window of the car he was being pursued in. Itā€™s a miracle nobody was killed. Turns out, both suspects were free on ā€œearly releaseā€ through AB-109, that you and other politicians (who all live behind walls, with armed security) forced upon us in the name of compassion. Whereā€™s your compassion for law-abiding citizens, Mr. Governor?

And donā€™t get me started on taxes and regulations. The amount of money taken from us by this state is criminal. Just living here is expensive enough, but imagine trying to run a business and stay afloat. We have the highest gas prices/taxes in the country, and still our roads are a mess. I recently hit a pothole and the damage to my car was over $1000. We pay you enormous sums to manage the stateā€™s affairs, yet people by the thousands sleep on our streets at night. Homeless encampments are everywhere, in neighborhoods we never imagined theyā€™d be. And still, you want more. Thereā€™s a move now to weaken Prop. 13. No doubt it will pass. And I just read that you want to tax online sales now, too. Along with proposals to tax water, telephones, dairy products, fertilizers, health care, and more. But taxing those things will not affect the ā€œsuper rich 1%ā€. Theyā€™re just more hits on the middle class. You Sacramento politicians have an insatiable addiction to other peopleā€™s money. But many citizens have had enough and are walking away.

Theyā€™re closing their business here. Youā€™ll get no more of their hard-earned money. Theyā€™ve purchased a home in their new state, big enough for the four of them and a dog or two. Maybe even a horse. The kids will get a great education. Theyā€™ll be able to leave a window open at night, knowing that the criminals are the ones who are afraid- afraid of the police, afraid of the courts, and afraid of the citizens who exercise their right to defend themselves. Oh, and gas there is about $2 a gallon.

Somehow, theyā€™ll have to survive without a Fantasy Train to nowhere, but Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll find a way to get by.

Meanwhile, your tax base shrinks and Atlas shrugs. Soon the only people left here will be the very rich and the very poor. Itā€™s almost as if you planned it that way.

And now, my family is broken. As are countless others. No more school plays, no more little league games. No more weekend breakfasts at IHOP or Thanksgiving dinners. Iā€™ll happily burn a ton of fossil fuel to go visit them at their new home as often as I can. But, I wonā€™t be there as an instant babysitter when needed on short notice, and Iā€™ll actually notice their growth from visit to visit. Iā€™ll pray every night for their safety and happiness in the years to come. And Iā€™ll cry that I canā€™t hold them tight. Iā€™m angry as hell, and I miss them desperately already.

But theyā€™ll get no going away card from you and no apologies. You simply donā€™t care.

Open Letter to CA Gov. Newson from a Parent Whose Kids Are Leaving the State Ā» Politichicks.com

Yeah, all the homeless are moving there to suckle at the taxpayer teat.

Governor Newsom,

I wonder why they dont stay where people of God conservatives are. Aren't you guys suppose to feed the hungry, help the sick and the poor ?

Governor Newsom,

I wonder why they dont stay where people of God conservatives are. Aren't you guys suppose to feed the hungry, help the sick and the poor ?

We'd rather help them get on their feet and find a job. We don't give out homeless stipends so people can stay addicted forever.

Governor Newsom,

Most do through charities, charity not being a mandated venue of the federal or state governments.

For one, you donate voluntarily. Your choice. For the other, the government reaches into your pocket and then donates for you. No choice.

Governor Newsom,

Unlike the leftist government of California, you donā€™t see tent cities BECAUSE conservatives are helping the needy get back on their feet.

What you have in California are the criminal element who know they can do whatever without interference from the government.

Enjoy.

I'm heartbroken over what has happened to CA. I've lived here since I was a baby. My siblings live nearby, as did my folks until they passed away. Family is what has kept mr. boe and me here, but we're working on our exit plan to leave now that Mom and Dad are gone. The LW totalitarian intolerance, the homelessness disease vectors, decaying infrastructure, high taxes, crushing state debt to pay for public employee pensions, lack of crime enforcement...all have snowballed to the point where the state is unlivable for normal people who just want to live their private lives in peace.
...and donā€™t forget a dwindling water supply

Actually, we have a lot of water - the snowpack is over 180% of normal. The problem is that Jerry Brown cancelled the CA water project his father initiated. The CA water project would have expanded storage and canal capacity. We always has cycles of drought and wet. We'd have plenty of water if we saved it from wet times instead of allowing it to flush into the ocean. It also doesn't help when inane policies are allowed to happen - such as the Greenies causing the state to dump stored water into the Sacramento River in order to save a bait fish.
California has no water.

My monthly water bill is less than 10% of what I was paying in California, and you donā€™t need to filter all the crap (literally) out.

Governor Newsom,

We'd rather help them get on their feet and find a job. We don't give out homeless stipends so people can stay addicted forever.
Excuses...so many of them are veteran and have mental issues...you just too selfish and hypocrite.

Governor Newsom,

Unlike the leftist government of California, you donā€™t see tent cities BECAUSE conservatives are helping the needy get back on their feet.

What you have in California are the criminal element who know they can do whatever without interference from the government.

Enjoy.
Lol most of the homeless come from red areas...they are ex veterans, mentally ill or they come to benefit from the social programs in calofornia.....oh and most of them are white too.
My city there are hundreds of them....they come because they are given help ( clothes, food, shelter) o speak to many, hardly any are originally born or raised on calofornia.
They also come here for the weather.

Thereā€™s only 40 million people in California!

If everybodyā€™s leaving, what are they going to do when they run out of people?

Governor Newsom,

Excuses...so many of them are veteran and have mental issues...you just too selfish and hypocrite.

How many are living with you?

Governor Newsom,

That's why Progressives build walls, to keep people from fleeing

I take care of 4. You?

Lol
A person would have to be mentally insane to desire living in crazy Caliā€¦ Or just a fucked in the head progressive

Then don't go there ------problem solved. Whining doesn't help your cause.

If we had the state fenced off no problem, but them letting in illegal rapist killer Mexicans, they wander to other states.

You dumb right wingers need to get together and get your story straight. Just a few posts back somebody said businesses were leaving California in droves. Now you say the problem is illegal aliens leaving the state. Are all those leaving businesses owned by illegal aliens? Please clarify.

Huh? I am posting about California being a sanctuary state and allowing in illegal killer rapist Mexicans who wander to other states.
Except...California isn't a sanctuary state. Either you are ignorant of the truth or you lied. Which is it?

I don't like to disagree with a wonderful soldier who served this nation, bodecea, but here's the truth about California's many sanctuary cities who are as follows:

SANCTUARY CITIES AND STATES
INFORMATION RESOURCE

CALIFORNIA HAS ONE OR MORE CITIES OFFERING
ILLEGAL SANCTUARY

• Bell Gardens, California

• Berkeley, California (reported 6/23/09)

• City of Industry, California

• City of Commerce, California

• Coachella, California (considering)

• Concord, California (reported 8/18/12)

• Costa Mesa, California (reported 6/14/14)

• Cypress, California (disputed 7/10/15 by Cyrpress City Manager - see below)

• Davis, California

• Diamond Bar, California

• Downey, California

• Fresno, California (disputed 7/6/10 - see below)

• Lakewood, California (7/27/15 -sanctuary status disputed by Bill Grady, Public Information Officer of the City Manager's office)

• Long Beach, California

• Los Angeles, California

• Lynwood, California

• Maywood, California

• Montebello, California (disputed 6/28/10, see below)

• National City, California

• Norwalk, California

• Oakland, California

• Paramount, California

• Pico Rivera, California

• Salinas, California

• San Bernardino California

• San Diego, California

• San Francisco, California (1989)

• San Jose, California

• Santa Ana, California (reported 6/14/14)

• Santa Cruz, California

• Sonoma County, California (2006)

• South Gate, California

• Vernon, California

• Watsonville, California

• Wilmington, California

More details here than you'd ever care to know: California is a state with many sanctuary cities and basically the entire state is one large sanctuary

Oh, and on the page shows a pending list of cities whose citizens have proposals on the table at the time the list was formulated, just scroll down.

It's not dumb and dumber, it's long and longer. :laugh:

I take care of 4. You?

Of course you do.

Governor Newsom,

This parent should follow their kids to Bumfuck, Nowhere; or as they put it ā€œthe real America.ā€ Good riddance.
I escaped California, one of the best decisions of my life.

Enjoy the costs, traffic and crime in Cali.

Me too, I grew up there. Iā€™ll never go back.

Then don't go there ------problem solved. Whining doesn't help your cause.

If we had the state fenced off no problem, but them letting in illegal rapist killer Mexicans, they wander to other states.

You dumb right wingers need to get together and get your story straight. Just a few posts back somebody said businesses were leaving California in droves. Now you say the problem is illegal aliens leaving the state. Are all those leaving businesses owned by illegal aliens? Please clarify.

Huh? I am posting about California being a sanctuary state and allowing in illegal killer rapist Mexicans who wander to other states.
Except...California isn't a sanctuary state. Either you are ignorant of the truth or you lied. Which is it?

I don't like to disagree with a wonderful soldier who served this nation, bodecea, but here's the truth about California's many sanctuary cities who are as follows:

SANCTUARY CITIES AND STATES
INFORMATION RESOURCE

CALIFORNIA HAS ONE OR MORE CITIES OFFERING
ILLEGAL SANCTUARY

• Bell Gardens, California

• Berkeley, California (reported 6/23/09)

• City of Industry, California

• City of Commerce, California

• Coachella, California (considering)

• Concord, California (reported 8/18/12)

• Costa Mesa, California (reported 6/14/14)

• Cypress, California (disputed 7/10/15 by Cyrpress City Manager - see below)

• Davis, California

• Diamond Bar, California

• Downey, California

• Fresno, California (disputed 7/6/10 - see below)

• Lakewood, California (7/27/15 -sanctuary status disputed by Bill Grady, Public Information Officer of the City Manager's office)

• Long Beach, California

• Los Angeles, California

• Lynwood, California

• Maywood, California

• Montebello, California (disputed 6/28/10, see below)

• National City, California

• Norwalk, California

• Oakland, California

• Paramount, California

• Pico Rivera, California

• Salinas, California

• San Bernardino California

• San Diego, California

• San Francisco, California (1989)

• San Jose, California

• Santa Ana, California (reported 6/14/14)

• Santa Cruz, California

• Sonoma County, California (2006)

• South Gate, California

• Vernon, California

• Watsonville, California

• Wilmington, California

More details here than you'd ever care to know: California is a state with many sanctuary cities and basically the entire state is one large sanctuary

Oh, and on the page shows a pending list of cities whose citizens have proposals on the table at the time the list was formulated, just scroll down.

It's not dumb and dumber, it's long and longer. :laugh:

Salinas is a shit hole. Went to the mall there once and it was like being in Tijuana.

Forum List

Back