Only 3% of jobs posted on Tennessee's website offer more than $20,000 per year

Better yet don't get married and don't have kids. A healthy growing trend.
That is anything but a healthy trend. Quite the contrary
get married and don't have kids then.
That would also be harmful to society.

So what?

There is no obligation to produce more people for society.
For most human beings it is a natural instinct. For those who love this country, it is equally natural to want the country to carry-on and prosper. I guess you are neither of those.

Since people can and do choose whether or not to reproduce then reproduction isn't an instinct.

You fail Biology.
You fail Biology.
Definition of instinct

largely inheritable and unalterable tendency of an organism to make a complex and specific response to environmental stimuli without involving reason

Why would a person need more than $20,000 a year to live in Tennessee?

There’s nothing there to spend money on anyway.

The huge income inequality in America is coming home with the chickens to roost.

Greedy US style capitalism can destroy US democracy if the corruption of government isn't reined in soon.

America's working class are very angry about being cheated out of a piece of the American pie. The Jan.6th. protest was an expression of that anger, even though it was falsely directed by Trump to benefit himself.

if only we were more like Cuba or Venezuela where everyone (except the political leaders) were equal, eh Komrade
Cuba is very rapidly breaking free of US sanctions and dirty tricks and China has moved in by invitation with huge trade benefits and wealth for Cuba.
Cuba has already passed America by on several social benefits for it's people. (a Chinese naval base in Havana by 2030?)

Venezuela is beginning to break free too, as both Russia and China are being invited to come in and share in the wealth that's been denied by US influence.

America's impending failure can't be blamed on China or any other countries.
American working class people continue to refuse to demand a piece of that great American pie.

So what?

For most human beings it is a natural instinct. For those who love this country, it is equally natural to want the country to carry-on and prosper. I guess you are neither of those.

Since people can and do choose whether or not to reproduce then reproduction isn't an instinct.

You fail Biology.
You fail Biology.
Definition of instinct

largely inheritable and unalterable tendency of an organism to make a complex and specific response to environmental stimuli without involving reason
And?

So what?

You fail Biology.
You fail Biology.
Definition of instinct

And?
And people can choose not to have children so there is reason involved where an instinct by definition is a response without involving reason.

Kind of obvious isn't it?

Placing limits on capitalism?
Forbidding free trade?
Telling Walmart that it's not playing fair?
In part all of the above

I dont think Walmart had any part in NAFTA or allowing china free access to our market in the 1990s

I remember al gore debating ross perot on the larry king show and I know gore was carrying the water for the international bankers

But free trade with china only benefited the chinese but not Americans

Not even the US and euro companies that relocated there

I think we should disengage from china with more tariffs, fewer mainland chinese citizens in our universities and limits on US investment in china

Not all the jobs will return to America

In fact many will not

But they dont have to and should not remain
In china either

We need more trade with vietnam, thailand and the phippines instead

I mostly agree with what you say

Though I blame unfettered globalism and chinese mercantilism for the decline in middle class income
You're certainly on track with globalism and China's mercantilism.

Do you understand the globalism issue? American business people went to China to reap the benefits of doing business there. They formed companies in China that would supply American corporations such as Walmart. China didn't create Walmart, America created it through need.

China's mercantilism can be much more easily understood with that in mind.

Huge American corporations' understood there was great profit to be made in China with cheap labour and a huge market for the goods produced.

But what do you suggest as a solution? Forbidding US corporations such as Walmart from setting up business in China?

Forbidding free trade?

For any Americans who aren't afraid of facing the music, I advise utube vids by Chris Hedges and Richard Wolfe.

It's rather a shame that nearly everyone posting on this board is more interested in spamming and deflecting, as opposed to finding some answers.

I'm impressed with your effort so far!
But...but...but...Walmart has LOW, LOW Prices!!!!

And that's what REALLY counts, right?

BTW - People should distinguish between business globalism, governmental globalism and cultural globalism.

Forbidding free trade?
In part all of the above

I dont think Walmart had any part in NAFTA or allowing china free access to our market in the 1990s
[/QUOTE]

NObody suggested that China did. Your own American corporatists went to China and created hugely profitable markets, which sent the products to America, thus creating the need for Walmart and other big boxes.
Are you really so incapable of being able to understand the basic facts?
I remember al gore debating ross perot on the larry king show and I know gore was carrying the water for the international bankers
So what?
It's a tossup on whether China benefitted the most or American consumers did. What's your point? It's done and America created markets in China and the need for Walmart to peddle it.
Your bad feelings are irrelevant. And fwiw, the EU is also benefitting from Chinese goods on the free market.
I think we should disengage from china with more tariffs, fewer mainland chinese citizens in our universities and limits on US investment in china
That's what I was referring you to when I mentioned placing limits on free trade. Do you really think corporate America is going to go along with doing that? Would they for the good of the American people? LOL

In fact many will not

In china either

Call a meeting of Walmart's board of directors and put the idea to them!
Boycott Walmart!
Find something made in Vietnam or the Phillipines and buy it!

You're demonstrating that you have zero understanding of corporations, capitalism, free trade, or global markets. Your only solution is in your pie in the sky high hopes on the Phillipines or Veitnam.

When I mention Walmart I am only using Walmart as being representative of your issue with China and Chinese goods.

Do you have any ideas on what America needs to do in order to prevent or stop China's rapid climb to lead the world on economic activity?

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WZTV) — There are more than 250,000 jobs available in Tennessee right now, but some lawmakers say there’s a catch with that number.
Only 3% of the jobs posted — about 8,500 as of Friday evening — pay $20,000 or more. The federal poverty line for a family of three is just under $22,000.

I'm not sure I see the problem. This is the issue with Americans, we're always complaining and wanting more. There is no reason why someone cannot work two full-time jobs and a part-time job. There are 24 hour in a day and 7 days in a week. Monday through Friday they work one job for 8 hours, then they got to another one for 8 hours. If they are making $20k/yr at both jobs, then they have $40k/yr. They can then work at least 16 hours on the weekend for an extra $8k/yr. That's $48k a year they could be making if they chose not to be so lazy and selfish. If that's not enough then while they are working they can go attend school to get a real skill so that when they graduate they can make $32k/yr working only one job. If they don't like living in TN because they don't make enough to pay rent, then why don't they move? How hard is it to move? You save up a money to pay for a new place, you get a rental truck, you move to your knew home, and you look for a new job while living off the six months of savings you have. It's not rocket surgery, people.

I'm so tired of the greedy poor trying to destroy country by constantly demanding more and more. Not only that, but I am tired of these communist corporations that give in by raising their wages for them. I don't understand why I have to pay for the some sour cream squirters rent and car payment just because Taco Bell decides to pay their employees $9.50/hr instead of a more reasonable wage. Those price increases are coming out of my pocket to pay for their lavish lifestyles. Communist redistribution of wealth doesn't just have to originate from government, it can come from woke corporations too. I am so tired of seeing retail and fast food workers driving far nicer cars than they should be driving, because I know that it was my hard earned money that paid for it.
Are you looking for a job in Tennessee?

You seem to be trying to make a point Richard.
People should buy American at twice the price and equal or better or worse quality.
Best of luck with applying that kind of pressure on American capitalists!
BTW - People should distinguish between business globalism, governmental globalism and cultural globalism.

Let me say it for you so you can get on with it.
America needs to deny it's corporatists their democratic right to carry on free trade with China.
That's the direct route to taking down capitalists and capitalism. How's that for a good idea?

We should try to talk about some real solutions Richard.

Hint: There are tried, true, and successful solutions. The world's leading democracies are using those solutions and methods right now.

America's capitalists only created America's problems on trade with China.

Headline might lead one to believe only 3% of available jobs in Tennessee pay mores than $20,000/year. I question whether employers seeking high wage professionals find whatever website being referred to as a credible tool? Likely there are much better alternatives out there that enable coporations to seek professional job candidates more efficiently.

You seem to be trying to make a point Richard.
People should buy American at twice the price and equal or better or worse quality.
Best of luck with applying that kind of pressure on American capitalists!

Let me say it for you so you can get on with it.
America needs to deny it's corporatists their democratic right to carry on free trade with China.
That's the direct route to taking down capitalists and capitalism. How's that for a good idea?

We should try to talk about some real solutions Richard.

Hint: There are tried, true, and successful solutions. The world's leading democracies are using those solutions and methods right now.

America's capitalists only created America's problems on trade with China.

The damage was done back in the 1990s...when everyone was drunk on capitalism.

Free trade caused the merging of two extremely dissimilar economies...and American workers got screwed.

Putting moderate tariffs on Chinese goods can help balance the labor markets.

Making low prices and capitalist profits sacrosanct is bullshit. The American people should have to pay higher prices if that's what it takes to fix our economy as a whole.

If you know of the solutions you say are being employed by other Democracies, please explain them.

It's a tossup on whether China benefitted the most or American consumers did.
You forget that American consumers are also wage earners

the lost wages for Americans went into chinese pockets

This thread began as a complaint about falling wages and standard of living for Americans

And globalism is the cause of that

In part all of the above

In fact many will not

In china either

The US government should not dictate how businesses operate as long as they are operating legally. The change that needs to take place is in the American consumer, not the politicians. However I do think that products that are entirely made in the US must have a huge label stating so on all their products. Most of us don't even look at where a product is made, and many times it's not stated until you open up the product and read the owners manual. That needs to change. Where products are made should be in large print on the packaging of the product. Same with Amazon. You see a product you like, but it never states where the product is made. You either order it or you don't. Laws should be passed so online companies must include the origin of the product in their product description.

It's a tossup on whether China benefitted the most or American consumers did.
You forget that American consumers are also wage earners
Most are now minimum wage earners who benefit from Walmart and low priced goods coming from China.
the lost wages for Americans went into chinese pockets
China naturally benefits from US corporatists setting up highly successful companies in China. Are you suggesting that sort of free market capitalism be outlawed and forbidden?
US corporations could be forced to stay at home and employ American workers but they would balk at that unless they could persuade Americans to work for a few bucks a day.
There's no chance of that working. Do you have any ideas?
This thread began as a complaint about falling wages and standard of living for Americans

And globalism is the cause of that
Yes, that's true, but what are Americans to do about it? Forbid America's corporatists to leave the country to seek out the world's most profitable market conditions?

I have some ideas on how to moderately control America's greedy capitalist system.

Ask me about that if you want to know.

are now minimum wage earners who benefit from Walmart and low priced goods coming from China.
They have become coolies slaving for a chinese master

China is playing the western globalists for fools

naturally benefits from US corporatists setting up highly successful companies in China. Are you suggesting that sort of free market capitalism be outlawed and forbidden?
China is not a free market

The price of doing business in china is to turn over all our technology and trade secrets to the CCP

After that the western companies become puppets of the communist dictatorship

I dont care what empty labels you throw at me

America cannot survive as a free country unless the globalists wake up and face reality

They have become coolies slaving for a chinese master

China is playing the western globalists for fools

Just the opposite! America's corporatists have taken advantage of the huge opportunities in China and become extremely wealthy from it.

Walmart is the corporation at the end of the process that was created as the retail outlet, and that corp is hardly been played as fools.

Scratch your head and dig a little deeper mac. The agenda you uphold has doubled around behind you to bite your ass.

You're facing the question on whether America is ready to curtail free market capitalism. You might have to become a fukking librul to answer that one?

But then there's Costco! Hmmmmmm?

Forum List

Back