Only 3% of jobs posted on Tennessee's website offer more than $20,000 per year

naturally benefits from US corporatists setting up highly successful companies in China. Are you suggesting that sort of free market capitalism be outlawed and forbidden?
China is not a free market
America's corporatists who have created the markets in China would disagree. Walmart is the very model of America's free market and it was created to merchandise goods in America that were produced in China. Know thy enemy!
The price of doing business in china is to turn over all our technology and trade secrets to the CCP
Tell that to America's corporatists that went to China to take advantage of free market opporutnities. Are you hinting at 'communist' curtailment of free market capitalism?
After that the western companies become puppets of the communist dictatorship
American corporations have no trouble brushing off the 'puppet' label you attach to them. It's all about how China markets have made their shareholders very, very wealthy. such fools! LOL
I dont care what empty labels you throw at me

America cannot survive as a free country unless the globalists wake up and face reality

America is surviving miraculously well if that is measured by the wealth of the 1% very wealthy.
But I would agree with you that America can't continue to survive if it cheats the working class people poorly.

This is the reason why the discussion on Costco business policy is so interesting to compare to Walmart's.

Your ideology is still biting at your ass mac!

The 'globalists' aren't going to wake because the system is benefitting them enormously. It's the American people who need to wake up and question the globalists' agenda.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WZTV) — There are more than 250,000 jobs available in Tennessee right now, but some lawmakers say there’s a catch with that number.
Only 3% of the jobs posted — about 8,500 as of Friday evening — pay $20,000 or more. The federal poverty line for a family of three is just under $22,000.

I'm not sure I see the problem. This is the issue with Americans, we're always complaining and wanting more. There is no reason why someone cannot work two full-time jobs and a part-time job. There are 24 hour in a day and 7 days in a week. Monday through Friday they work one job for 8 hours, then they got to another one for 8 hours. If they are making $20k/yr at both jobs, then they have $40k/yr. They can then work at least 16 hours on the weekend for an extra $8k/yr. That's $48k a year they could be making if they chose not to be so lazy and selfish. If that's not enough then while they are working they can go attend school to get a real skill so that when they graduate they can make $32k/yr working only one job. If they don't like living in TN because they don't make enough to pay rent, then why don't they move? How hard is it to move? You save up a money to pay for a new place, you get a rental truck, you move to your knew home, and you look for a new job while living off the six months of savings you have. It's not rocket surgery, people.

I'm so tired of the greedy poor trying to destroy country by constantly demanding more and more. Not only that, but I am tired of these communist corporations that give in by raising their wages for them. I don't understand why I have to pay for the some sour cream squirters rent and car payment just because Taco Bell decides to pay their employees $9.50/hr instead of a more reasonable wage. Those price increases are coming out of my pocket to pay for their lavish lifestyles. Communist redistribution of wealth doesn't just have to originate from government, it can come from woke corporations too. I am so tired of seeing retail and fast food workers driving far nicer cars than they should be driving, because I know that it was my hard earned money that paid for it.
/——-/ sarcasm noted. Over the years I did work a full time job and a part time job that included tips. I did what I had to do.

/——-/ sarcasm noted. Over the years I did work a full time job and a part time job that included tips. I did what I had to do.
America's businesses even rake in the tips of their employees in order to allow them to pay less in wages.
Not even an American waiter in a restaurant is given the opportunity to do better than their low wages by supplementing those wages with tips.

Just another example of the rot that has seeped in to the heart of the American way.

America's businesses even rake in the tips of their employees in order to allow them to pay less in wages.
Not even an American waiter in a restaurant is given the opportunity to do better than their low wages by supplementing those wages with tips.

Just another example of the rot that has seeped in to the heart of the American way.
/——/ I’ve been in the restaurant business and that rarely happens. Wait staff is hard to manage and if they are getting ripped off of their tips, they just walk off the job. Probably happens more in certain ethnic restaurants that use illegals. That’s why I discretely tip in cash directly to the waiter or waitress.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WZTV) — There are more than 250,000 jobs available in Tennessee right now, but some lawmakers say there’s a catch with that number.
Only 3% of the jobs posted — about 8,500 as of Friday evening — pay $20,000 or more. The federal poverty line for a family of three is just under $22,000.

I'm not sure I see the problem. This is the issue with Americans, we're always complaining and wanting more. There is no reason why someone cannot work two full-time jobs and a part-time job. There are 24 hour in a day and 7 days in a week. Monday through Friday they work one job for 8 hours, then they got to another one for 8 hours. If they are making $20k/yr at both jobs, then they have $40k/yr. They can then work at least 16 hours on the weekend for an extra $8k/yr. That's $48k a year they could be making if they chose not to be so lazy and selfish. If that's not enough then while they are working they can go attend school to get a real skill so that when they graduate they can make $32k/yr working only one job. If they don't like living in TN because they don't make enough to pay rent, then why don't they move? How hard is it to move? You save up a money to pay for a new place, you get a rental truck, you move to your knew home, and you look for a new job while living off the six months of savings you have. It's not rocket surgery, people.

I'm so tired of the greedy poor trying to destroy country by constantly demanding more and more. Not only that, but I am tired of these communist corporations that give in by raising their wages for them. I don't understand why I have to pay for the some sour cream squirters rent and car payment just because Taco Bell decides to pay their employees $9.50/hr instead of a more reasonable wage. Those price increases are coming out of my pocket to pay for their lavish lifestyles. Communist redistribution of wealth doesn't just have to originate from government, it can come from woke corporations too. I am so tired of seeing retail and fast food workers driving far nicer cars than they should be driving, because I know that it was my hard earned money that paid for it.

Do you notice how leftists cascade disinformation?

If you read the original article embedded in the link, it says less than 3% have POSTED job salaries above $20K a year. In other words, they count jobs that don't list a salary as $0 even if it's clearly a job that would pay more like $100K. Higher paying jobs are in fact less likely to post a salary.

Then the linked article misquotes that and says that 3% actually pay less than $20K, which isn't what the article claims. Note you based your OP and thread title on this lie.

Democrats lie, lie, lie and lie. It's all they do. Vulcans can't lie, Democrats can't tell the truth. Democrats are also racists

Just the opposite! America's corporatists have taken advantage of the huge opportunities in China and become extremely wealthy from it.

Walmart is the corporation at the end of the process that was created as the retail outlet, and that corp is hardly been played as fools.
Your knowledge of history is appalling

Walmart was a national retailer before clinton and the congress opened up our retail markets to cheap chinese products

In fact Walmart promoted Made in America till nothing was made here to sell

US corporations are a mixed bag of motives

At first they had no choice than to offshore because of competition from dirt cheap chinese workers

Do you agree with that

If you read the original article embedded in the link, it says less than 3% have POSTED job salaries above $20K a year. In other words, they count jobs that don't list a salary as $0 even if it's clearly a job that would pay more like $100K. Higher paying jobs are in fact less likely to post a salary.

Also many service jobs only post pay rate when most of the money employees make come from tips. Most waitresses at restaurants technically are paid in the 20K area, but they make over twice that after tips.

You may get a base rate sales job that's less than 20K a year, but most of the money you make is on commission.

Then you have to consider how many of those jobs are part-time but don't pay too bad on hourly wage.

The OP doesn't get into much detail on the breakdown of these jobs.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

My mother was a waitress for many years and one of my neighbors was a waiter part-time at a very classy restaurant. Many times for a large party, he got $150.00 cash tip just for those tables at the end of the night. The establishment didn't touch it. Their tips were all theirs.

Tips is the acronym of To Insure Prompt Service. It benefits the establishment to allow servers to keep all of their tip money because that's what makes them try harder to give the customers good service. Very often waitresses will share some of their tip money with the busboys for the same reason, to clear their table as soon as possible for the next customer.

Also many service jobs only post pay rate when most of the money employees make come from tips. Most waitresses at restaurants technically are paid in the 20K area, but they make over twice that after tips.

You may get a base rate sales job that's less than 20K a year, but most of the money you make is on commission.

Then you have to consider how many of those jobs are part-time but don't pay too bad on hourly wage.

The OP doesn't get into much detail on the breakdown of these jobs.

It's clear to anyone with a critical mind that something is going on when even in Tennessee only 3% of jobs are listed over as low a number as $20K.

You can count on Democrats not to ask, they don't want to know.

They have their lies and need to get to repeating them

My mother was a waitress for many years and one of my neighbors was a waiter part-time at a very classy restaurant. Many times for a large party, he got $150.00 cash tip just for those tables at the end of the night. The establishment didn't touch it. Their tips were all theirs.

Tips is the acronym of To Insure Prompt Service. It benefits the establishment to allow servers to keep all of their tip money because that's what makes them try harder to give the customers good service. Very often waitresses will share some of their tip money with the busboys for the same reason, to clear their table as soon as possible for the next customer.
Wait staff should just be paid a regular reasonable wage and do away with all this type of nonsense completely.

• Thanks
It's clear to anyone with a critical mind that something is going on when even in Tennessee only 3% of jobs are listed over as low a number as $20K.

You can count on Democrats not to ask, they don't want to know.

They have their lies and need to get to repeating them

It was the Democrats who brought it up. Governor Lee stopped the CARES act because like all around the country, people are staying home because the government pays better than working. Businesses are really suffering with no employees and the Gov sees the problem as the extra federal unemployment money.

It's happening here as well but there is a cutoff date for the extra unemployment by our governor sometime at the end of the month, but I forget the exact date. I don't know if you ran across any, but there used to be a fast food chain called Arthur Treacher's Fish and Chips. It was a national chain however most of the outlets closed up years ago. We had one of the two left in our state. I just found out ours is now closed as well. The owner said the store was making good profit; there were always people there when I went, but he said the employee crunch is what forced him to shutdown. I used to go there every couple of weeks or so. I'm really going to miss it.

The way the Democrats are trying to battle Governor Lee is by making the case that their problem is jobs are not paying enough--not the federal unemployment addition. They are trying to make him look bad for ending the extra federal unemployment money.

• Thanks

Wait staff should just be paid a regular reasonable wage and do away with all this type of nonsense completely.

You can't hire anyone for an unreasonable wage. If they have a better offer, they will take it. If they take it, you valued them more than anyone else, so that is a reasonable wage.

The minimum wage is a hurdle, not a tide. Not worth that? You don't work

Here's another interesting fact: the MINIMUM WAGE in the late '70's when standard of living was highest, adjusted for inflation today would amount to about $27,000.

Put another way, if you are making less than $27,000 today, you are making less than what minimum wage paid in the late 70's!

And those figures are BEFORE the recent cost of living increases!

I the waitstaff that work at higher end places would likely take issue with that. There is no way they would get the same hourly rate to equal what they make in tips. The only people who want that are the majority of loser waitstaff who don't make much in tips. They complain a lot because they think they deserve to earn more than minimum wage. I don't know why they think that. Back in 1998 I worked at Orange Julius making $7.00/hr. If that was good enough for me back then, then I don't see why these people are complaining about making $7.25/hr now. Sure their labor is valued less than mine was back then when you take into account inflation, but I think that should just be more of a motivation for them to work harder.

This is what happens when we give these low-wage workers more money than they deserve. Prices go up and we all suffer. A 4% price increase to give $7k/year raise to their employees? Sorry, but no thank you. I shouldn't have to have my money stolen from me and given to these people in the form of a paycheck. That is wealth redistribution just as much as when the government does it. I am not going to pay another $0.50 on my $12 order just so some GED having screwup can pay rent easier.

And why so many Middle Eastern and SE Asian Americans seem to all live in middle-class brick homes and expensive condos, driving brand new SUV's, usually $40k + BMW's Mercedes and Lexus. ...two words...

war
reparations

If the US bombs your country and you're lucky enough to survive, Uncle Sam will
take you in. If you're an armed services veteran, usually not as fortunate.

And what the SE Asians and Arabs don't own, the Chinese and the top .1% wealthiest
share what's left.
Wow. Silly me. I thought it was because I went and got an advanced education, good grades, and busted my ass at my job getting multiple promotions.

Wow. Silly me. I thought it was because I went and got an advanced education, good grades, and busted my ass at my job getting multiple promotions.
You didn't know about it either ?

No one can deny that Vietnam today is a very poor, struggling country. More bombs were dropped on Vietnam by American pilots than all the bombs dropped in all of World War II. It will take generations of hard work for the Vietnamese to repair the destruction.

The American people can begin to erase the shame of the Vietnam War by forcing our government to live up to the agreement that then-President Richard M. Nixon made to the Vietnamese in 1973. That agreement would pay Vietnam War reparations and provide humanitarian assistance.

The American people must never again permit our government to dirty our country`s honor in a shameful, imperialist war.
(JUNE 3rd 1985)

Last edited:

You can't hire anyone for an unreasonable wage. If they have a better offer, they will take it. If they take it, you valued them more than anyone else, so that is a reasonable wage.
I agree.

• Thanks

I the waitstaff that work at higher end places would likely take issue with that. ....
If we eliminated that archaic practice they wouldn't. The waitstaff at higher end places would earn a much higher wage, without the medieval dance of beggar and benefactor we, for some reason, continue today. Professional waitstaff would be compensated in accordance with their skill and experience, and patrons would simply pay their bill.

Have you considered shutting the fuck up and fucking yourself, you anti-American douche bag?

Forum List

Back