"One Party Rule"

I keep seeing this coming from the Right -- the notion that the Democrats are bad because they want "One Party Rule".

So, I'm curious: Does this mean the GOP does not want one-party rule, with them in charge of the White House, House and Senate?

If so, which one of those three would you be fine having the Democrats running?

Please explain why you're pointing at this as a bad thing.
I believe you are talking past comments about "one party rule" out of context.
I pretty sure its meant to be implied that Dems want "one party rule" as the results for every future election.
Thats the only context I've seen it used in. But this is the "new" Mac and he has no problem stretching the truth.
So you guys want to lose some future elections? Why is that?

I keep seeing this coming from the Right -- the notion that the Democrats are bad because they want "One Party Rule".

So, I'm curious: Does this mean the GOP does not want one-party rule, with them in charge of the White House, House and Senate?

I'm not a Republican, but I see one party rule - in our system - as a horrible thing, regardless of who is in charge. The reason - I don't much like majority rule. Or, rather, we give far too much power to the majority. I'd much rather see government reach for real consensus, support that crosses party lines and respects the rights of everyone, not just supporters of the party in charge.
Yeah, I do get nervous when one party has everything. All we've seen so far is that they take it as a "mandate", try to shove everything down our throats, piss us off for it, then get voted out.

So now we've devolved into a situation where the only goal of the minority party is to stop the majority party, and not actually govern in the best overall interests of the country. While putting all the blame on the other party, of course.

Self-inflicted wound.

I'm not a Republican, but I see one party rule - in our system - as a horrible thing, regardless of who is in charge. The reason - I don't much like majority rule. Or, rather, we give far too much power to the majority. I'd much rather see government reach for real consensus, support that crosses party lines and respects the rights of everyone, not just supporters of the party in charge.
Yeah, I do get nervous when one party has everything. All we've seen so far is that they take it as a "mandate", try to shove everything down our throats, piss us off for it, then get voted out.

So now we've devolved into a situation where the only goal of the minority party is to stop the majority party, and not actually govern in the best overall interests of the country. While putting all the blame on the other party, of course.

Self-inflicted wound.
That's the most intelligent post you've made since I've been here- and, you played the game bad mouthing Trump- good job, comrade-

Self-inflicted wound.
That's the most intelligent post you've made since I've been here- and, you played the game bad mouthing Trump- good job, comrade-
You don't know my politics. Thinking that Trump is a disgrace is not a collection of positions.

I prefer "No Party Rule". Outlaw all political parties. Have a primary to narrow the field down to the top 2 or 3 candidates. And be done with this constant bickering and battling between parties. It does nothing good for the nation or the people. The focus should be on other things besides destroying the opposing parties.
From what I'm seeing here, it appears that when they say "One Party Rule", they're saying the Communist Party, which is what their universe has told them is represented by the Democrats. So "One Party" equals "commie". I guess they're just mixing it up to keep it fresh.

I prefer "No Party Rule". Outlaw all political parties. Have a primary to narrow the field down to the top 2 or 3 candidates. And be done with this constant bickering and battling between parties. It does nothing good for the nation or the people. The focus should be on other things besides destroying the opposing parties.

The thing is though that with the current cost it takes to even win a Congressional seat, much less the Presidency, Party politics is going to be with us regardless of the Anarchy you may want to see...

The problem is not in the party's, it is in the people within the party's...The most divisive on both sides have been allowed to take over their respective party's politics, and the fact is that they no longer represent the people they are supposed to represent...

People don't speak to each other with respect anymore, ideas are not exchanged, and compromise is dead....It's all or nothing....Madness...Destructive...

Just look in here....Nothing but insult, and searching for the next attack we can throw at one another....Pitiful....

Self-inflicted wound.
You don't know my politics. Thinking that Trump is a disgrace is not a collection of positions.

Trump is out....You need to move on.

From what I'm seeing here, it appears that when they say "One Party Rule", they're saying the Communist Party, which is what their universe has told them is represented by the Democrats. So "One Party" equals "commie". I guess they're just mixing it up to keep it fresh.

Funny how this sounds very close to what today's Democrat wants...

"Karl Marx's "10 Planks" to seize power and destroy freedom:

1. Abolition of Property in Land and Application of all Rents of Land to Public Purpose.​
  2. A Heavy Progressive or Graduated Income Tax.​
  3. Abolition of All Rights of Inheritance.​
  4. Confiscation of the Property of All Emigrants and Rebels.​
  5. Centralization of Credit in the Hands of the State, by Means of a National Bank with State Capital and an Exclusive Monopoly.​
  6. Centralization of the Means of Communication and Transport in the Hands of the State.​
  7. Extension of Factories and Instruments of Production Owned by the State, the Bringing Into Cultivation of Waste Lands, and the Improvement of the Soil Generally in Accordance with a Common Plan.​
  8. Equal Liability of All to Labor. Establishment of Industrial Armies, Especially for Agriculture.​
  9. Combination of Agriculture with Manufacturing Industries; Gradual Abolition of the Distinction Between Town and Country by a More Equable Distribution of the Population over the Country.​
  10. Free Education for All Children in Public Schools. Abolition of Children's Factory Labor in it's Present Form. Combination of Education with Industrial Production."​

Just look in here....Nothing but insult, and searching for the next attack we can throw at one another
Monkey see monkey do world- the "leader" monkeys act a fool and the follower monkeys emulate them-

Republicans had one-party rule for six years under Chimpola Bush....Not one fucking thing changed.

There is no "two party system" and there hasn't been one since FDR.....But you're too much of a fucking smug know-it-all dullard to recognize the fact.

Party affiliation should only matter for getting elected not actually running the Government. We need better solutions at potentially lower cost regardless of party affiliation.

Well, that's not funny to me....See I am a Conservative, and what I see Republican's have done in adopting Democrat light policies distress me greatly....
Republicans have done nothing to right the ship- that's funny, I don't care who you are- especially since "Conservatives" generally vote Republican- Einstein had a saying for that and Democrats are the same damn way- doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is crazy-

Well, that's not funny to me....See I am a Conservative, and what I see Republican's have done in adopting Democrat light policies distress me greatly....
Republicans have done nothing to right the ship- that's funny, I don't care who you are- especially since "Conservatives" generally vote Republican- Einstein had a saying for that and Democrats are the same damn way- doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is crazy-

Can't really dispute that.

Dunno, one party rule seems to be working great for places like California.

Mwhahahaha!!

Dunno, one party rule seems to be working great for places like California.

Mwhahahaha!!
And Mississippi.

Forum List

Back