One of the Lies Behind fdr's Concentration Camps

Favorite democrat tactic of manufacturing dependency.

Favorite Conservative tactic: attack FDR because he tried to help the working class that they ignored.

And Hitler tried to help the working class too, doesn't qualify him for praise either.

Another favorite Conservative tactic is to bring Hitler into the conservation.

Tell me which of these programs promoted by FDR for the working class do you despise the most?
Social Security?
Unemployment Insurance?
The GI Bill?
Bank Depositors Insurance?

And tell me why those remind you of Hitler?
Tim McVeigh thought he was helping the working class too. Doesn't earn him praise.
Results earn praise.

Tell me again why Tim McVeigh reminds you of the GI Bill?
You tell us. You're the one using trying to help people as a qualifier for praise.
I am simply pointing out your qualifier is idiotic.

Favorite Conservative tactic: attack FDR because he tried to help the working class that they ignored.

And Hitler tried to help the working class too, doesn't qualify him for praise either.

Tell me which of these programs promoted by FDR for the working class do you despise the most?
Social Security?
Unemployment Insurance?
The GI Bill?

That's because progressives the world over LOVED Hitler, Stalin and Mussolini. They absolutely envied his dictatorial powers.

So the GI Bill reminds you of Hitler?

How odd.

Favored tactic (and a complete loser) of progressives everywhere is to misrepresent the statements of those you are arguing against. Epic fail little clown. Epic fail.

This was the question I asked- and you responded to

Social Security?
Unemployment Insurance?
The GI Bill?

Like a good Conservative Sheeple- you didn't actually respond to my post- you just evoked Hitler again.

Social Security?
Unemployment Insurance?
The GI Bill?

Tim McVeigh thought he was helping the working class too. Doesn't earn him praise.
Results earn praise.

You tell us. You're the one using trying to help people as a qualifier for praise.

God forbid we have a President who actually tries to help Americans.

Goes against everything Conservatives believe.

The Canal was indeed a preemptive attack to prevent the Japanese from finishing their airfield. Annnnnd, it began two months after the decisive Battle of Midway, so is in reality the beginning of the attack on Japanese positions in the Pacific which led inexorably to the utter Japanese defeat just three years later.
No arguement there. But the topic is the insistence of some here that America was militarily superior to Japan Dec 1941.

When Japan attacked we weren't. However, less than one year later we were. Dominantly so. We were in fact so dominant that the War Department KNEW we were going to win the war by the middle of 1943 and began cancelling ship orders. Hell they began cancelling all sorts of armaments orders.
Probably more like 43, but yes, the war machine was in gear.

Nope. We floated more ships in 1942 than the Japanese did in the entire war. They were crushed under the weight of our production.
With the asterisk that most of the tonnage was Liberty ships destined for the Atlantic.
Bottom line here is the pathetic effort to say FDR had us prepared for World War 2.

Yes, FDR had actively worked against the military for years. Anyone claiming he set us up for victory is either an ignorant political hack or a simple moron.

Social Security?
Unemployment Insurance?
The GI Bill?

Results earn praise.

Why is it then that their "trying" always, and I mean ALWAYS enriches the wealthy and takes Civil Rights and wealth away from the middle class. How is that that is ALWAYS the result. Tell you what. I will gladly forgo any "trying" any of your imbeciles wishes to engage in on my behalf. Tell them to leave me the fuck alone and I will do just fine without their "help".

Social Security?
Unemployment Insurance?
The GI Bill?

Results earn praise.

Why is it then that their "trying" always, and I mean ALWAYS enriches the wealthy and takes Civil Rights and wealth away from the middle class. How is that that is ALWAYS the result. Tell you what. I will gladly forgo any "trying" any of your imbeciles wishes to engage in on my behalf. Tell them to leave me the fuck alone and I will do just fine without their "help".

So tell me how the GI Bill 'always enriched' the wealthy- and took away Civil Rights - and wealth from the Middle Class?

I understand if you don't want Social Security Benefits or Unemployment benefits- but millions and millions of Americans did then- and do now. The working class- not the elite.

No arguement there. But the topic is the insistence of some here that America was militarily superior to Japan Dec 1941.

When Japan attacked we weren't. However, less than one year later we were. Dominantly so. We were in fact so dominant that the War Department KNEW we were going to win the war by the middle of 1943 and began cancelling ship orders. Hell they began cancelling all sorts of armaments orders.
Probably more like 43, but yes, the war machine was in gear.

Nope. We floated more ships in 1942 than the Japanese did in the entire war. They were crushed under the weight of our production.
With the asterisk that most of the tonnage was Liberty ships destined for the Atlantic.
Bottom line here is the pathetic effort to say FDR had us prepared for World War 2.

Yes, FDR had actively worked against the military for years. Anyone claiming he set us up for victory is either an ignorant political hack or a simple moron.

LOL.....anyone who makes your claims is a moron.

Despite your best efforts to hate FDR- you cannot take away the fact that he was the President who led the United States to victory in World War 2- he was the one who initiated the build up that started in 1939- and the one who pushed the conversion of our industrial capacity that was needed to win WW2.

The OP was absolutely right- Japanese Internment was a crime- FDR was guilty of it- and applauded by most of America for it.

But he was a great war leader- and brought us through both the Depression and World War 2.

Guadicanal was a defensive move in order to keep the Japanese from cutting off Australia. We could have easily lost when the US Navy was forced to retreat. Two good friends of mine were there.

The Canal was indeed a preemptive attack to prevent the Japanese from finishing their airfield. Annnnnd, it began two months after the decisive Battle of Midway, so is in reality the beginning of the attack on Japanese positions in the Pacific which led inexorably to the utter Japanese defeat just three years later.

No- you claimed that a weaker country never attacked a stronger country- and the United States was stronger on December 6, 1941 than Japan.

Militarily? Arguable- the United States had to protect two coasts.

But stronger- yes- Admiral Yamamoto had warned Japan that we were.
America was filled with a bunch of isolationist pacifists in 41. If we had lost our carriers at Midway FDR would have likely been negotiating with Japan to save Hawaii.

Yeah- no surprise that you think Americans were that wimpy.
Many Americans were misguided wimps. Even Lindbergh was suckered into being a Hitler worshiper.

If FDR and the Democrat party were so hated by the Japanese-Americans after the internment camps why did they join the American army after Pearl, but then voted Democratic when Hawaii was admitted as a state. What political party did Senator Inouye belong to? Wonder if the Japanese-Americans still vote Democratic?

Some people still parrot the "for national security!" lie behind one of the several fallacious excuses for the CONCENTRATION CAMPS that vile scumbag fdr ran IN THE UNITED STATES, violating the most basic rights of US CITIZENS during WWII.

The criminal roosevelt administration knew damn well the population targeted for fdr's CONCENTRATION CAMPS did NOT represent a threat to the nation.

Ringle Report on Japanese Internment

"(h) That, in short, the entire "Japanese Problem" has been magnified out of its true proportion, largely because of the physical characteristics of the people; that it is no more serious that the problems of the German, Italian, and Communistic portions of the United States population, and, finally that it should be handled on the basis of the individual, regardless of citizenship, and not on a racial basis."

The only other US President to operate CONCENTRATION CAMPS in the US was also a democrat, but nowhere near the scale of the criminal fdr's unconstitutional outrage. Leaving aside his economic irresponsibility; personal immorality, dishonesty, and racism, there is nothing the mindless roosevelt nuthuggers can point to that could possibly mitigate a fundamentally unAmerican crime like that committed by the worst villain to ever sully our White House.
I agree with you, 100%. But hindsight is always 20/20. My dad hated the Japanese, ( he was shot on the island of Attu by a Japanese soldier ) but he never EVER ever said Japanese were evil, not once. The Japanese did some horrific things, too. My next door neighbor is Japanese and was put in a internment camp. Damn, that really breaks my heart, what can you do? Nobody put Germans or Italians in camps and confiscated their stuff.

I could never get used to the idea of the Japanese cutting off the heads of some prisoners.

Social Security?
Unemployment Insurance?
The GI Bill?

Results earn praise.

By throwing them in concentration camps?

Ah ... it's April, tax time, so Unkatare looks at his income and decides to snivel about not getting big bucks for just being Japanese again.

Give it up; the reparations train left the depot a long time ago, and this silly gibberish about it all being 'unjustified' is as much nonsense as believing Americans were somehow more racist and evul than anybody else, despite all the evidence the minorities who cry the most about it have far worse records of routine racism and oppression than the U.S. ever had on it's worst day, especially the Japanese. And besides, most of the violence against Japanese back then was committed by... (drum roll please) FILLIPINOS, and recent immigrants for eastern europe... apparently they had good reason not to like Japanese; they probably knew them better than anybody else.

. Ok ok thanks for the applause, that's enough already, and you're welcome.

Facts:

The so-called 'loyal' Japanese constantly cheered and supported the Japanese butchery throughout Asia, held fund raisers for the troops, all that stuff, the usual.

Despite the efforts of Japanese intelligence agents actively recruiting among the American Japanese communities, not one was ever turned in by these innocent, hapless 'loyal' people, so we can just laugh at the supposed 'loyalty'.

There was the fact that some Japanese in Hawaii actively aided and armed a downed Japanese pilot and tried to start an insurgency, only to be gunned down, an incident that was the primary impetus for the so-called 'fear', which is actually just taking the side of caution at the outbreak of a war where you have just had your major Pacific base bombed.

In other words, it's still a stupid and ridiculous claim that it was all 'unjustified', no change since the last ridiculous FDR bashing exercise. I guess repeating it over and over again will somehow make it true or something.

Last edited:
The Great Depression, like all depressions, hurt working people the most, so prolonging it hurt them the most.

Well the ones hurt most were the unworking people.

The working people- and unworking people- hurt most by the depression- were the ones helped most by Roosevelt- which is why he was so popular among with American voters.

Favorite democrat tactic of manufacturing dependency.

If he was trying to help the working class why did they not do better? Just like now the wealthy did extremely well under FDR but the working class didn't. I know, I was actually alive at the time he was POTUS ( a mere baby) so got to witness the good, with the bad. Had it not been for WWII the USA would STILL be in a Great Depression. FDR's policies didn't help us get out at all and in fact prolonged the misery far longer than it would have if left to settle naturally.

As I have pointed out- World War 2 were FDR's policies on steroids- the very massive government spending and government employment programs that Conservatives claim didn't work did in fact work in World War 2.

By the end of World War 2 the middle class was wealthier than it had been in any time in American history- and the GI Bill primed the pump for those returning GI to be able to go to school, buy homes and start business's.

I was not alive during that time but my mom and dad were, and they witnessed the good and the bad also.
FDR came to office with around 30% unemployment- and when he died in office there was virtually no unemployment.
The war changed the US and made us into a different country. It is a truism that both sides loose wars, some just do worse

As I have pointed out- World War 2 were FDR's policies on steroids- the very massive government spending and government employment programs that Conservatives claim didn't work did in fact work in World War 2.

By the end of World War 2 the middle class was wealthier than it had been in any time in American history- and the GI Bill primed the pump for those returning GI to be able to go to school, buy homes and start business's.

Yes, this has been pointed out numerous times to the FDR haters, but they aren't even aware of their cognitive dissonance in essentially admitting FDR wasn't spending nearly enough before the war spending kicked in, and not what they think they're saying. lol

They are also saying all kinds of rationing, limiting corporate profits to 5% or less, and other wartime measures worked, everything but laissez faire and 'free markets', but they just come up with ever more bizarre handwaves for all for that as well.

The ' middle class' before WW II was small for most of American history, really, and didn't become large until after the war, again as a result of unions, higher wages, and an expansion of the education systems, and a large demographic with disposable income came along.

Last edited:
What ended fdr's prolonged depression wasn't increased war spending, it was the END of the war and the lifting of artificial controls over the economy.

What with rationing and government controls, everyone was in poverty, but poverty for a common purpose during the war.. The release from controls and the pent up demand caused the post war boom in the economy.

Yes, this has been pointed out numerous times to the FDR haters, but they aren't even aware of their cognitive dissonance in essentially admitting FDR wasn't spending nearly enough before the war spending kicked in, and not what they think they're saying. lol

They are also saying all kinds of rationing, limiting corporate profits to 5% or less, and other wartime measures worked, everything but laissez faire and 'free markets', but they just come up with ever more bizarre handwaves for all for that as well.

The ' middle class' before WW II was small for most of American history, really, and didn't become large until after the war, again as a result of unions, higher wages, and an expansion of the education systems, and a large demographic with disposable income came along.

You indocterated moron, you forgot the biggest God Damn thing

The rest of the world was in ruins and didn't catch up to us till the 80s

God Damn liberals are so fucking ignorant of history

Forum List

Back