One Get By The PC Police?

blastoff

Undocumented Reg. User
Nov 12, 2009
In a galaxy far far away...
Have I been living under a rock and missed it, or have the Political Correctness wackadoos been asleep at the switch?

While motoring smartly along in my imported gas guzzler yesterday the Christma...er, I mean Holiday classic, Rudolph, The Red Nosed Reindeer sang out from the speakers! RRNR being broadcast over the public airwaves? WTF?

How could that possibly be allowed with lyrics the likes of:

All of the other reindeer used to laugh and call him names, they never let poor Rudolph join in any reindeer games.

Get that? The other reindeer, those heartless bastards, called Rudolph names and ostracized him from their playgroup! And all simply because of the way he looked. His nose was a little shinier than any of theirs, so they decided that warranted making life as miserable as possible for poor Rudy.

Can you just imagine how such treatment affected him? How could his feelings not possibly be hurt? And how about the longterm mental and emotional effects? This was in the dark days before anyone knew reindeer, like others, need Safe Zones, protected places where they could hide while recovering from the deep wounds of their bullying stablemates.

So why is a song glorifying such ill treatment of Rudolph allowed to pollute our airwaves? It's an outrage, a real kick in the teeth of political correctness IMO that should never be allowed to happen again.

Merry Christmas to all! And especially to our radical Islamic terrorist, foreign and domestic, friends. May the blood of a thousand pigs be with you!

Have I been living under a rock and missed it, or have the Political Correctness wackadoos been asleep at the switch?

While motoring smartly along in my imported gas guzzler yesterday the Christma...er, I mean Holiday classic, Rudolph, The Red Nosed Reindeer sang out from the speakers! RRNR being broadcast over the public airwaves? WTF?

All of the other reindeer used to laugh and call him names, they never let poor Rudolph join in any reindeer games.

Get that? The other reindeer, those heartless bastards, called Rudolph names and ostracized him from their playgroup! And all simply because of the way he looked. His nose was a little shinier than any of theirs, so they decided that warranted making life as miserable as possible for poor Rudy.

Can you just imagine how such treatment affected him? How could his feelings not possibly be hurt? And how about the longterm mental and emotional effects? This was in the dark days before anyone knew reindeer, like others, need Safe Zones, protected places where they could hide while recovering from the deep wounds of their bullying stablemates.

So why is a song glorifying such ill treatment of Rudolph allowed to pollute our airwaves? It's an outrage, a real kick in the teeth of political correctness IMO that should never be allowed to happen again.

Merry Christmas to all! And especially to our radical Islamic terrorist, foreign and domestic, friends. May the blood of a thousand pigs be with you!
Thank you for your hilarious post. You do realise there are actually LIB jerk-offs on this forum who will now be printing up petitions to the FCC to forbid the song from ever being played again? Seriously.
Here's my Christmas gift to everyone:

You might want to quit drinking Sterno. :cuckoo:

Yet another illustration of why conservatives should not attempt comedy. They simply don't realize how bad they are at it. There essentially are no conservative comedians.

To be funny, satire has to come close to describing reality. Since most conservatives are so detached from reality, they can't do satire. They're poking fun at what the voices in their heads told them liberals are like. Of course, it plays well with the people who live in the same fantasy dimension, but all the normal people look at it and think "wow, that's stupid."

Comedy also comes from self-deprecation. Liberals are good at that. Conservatives, they take themselves so very seriously, so poking fun at themselves is off-limits. They think that it shows weakness, or some such nonsense. As is so regularly displayed on this board, conservative humor will often focus on other people getting hurt or humiliated, which normal people find very distasteful.

Yet another illustration of why conservatives should not attempt comedy. They simply don't realize how bad they are at it. There essentially are no conservative comedians.

To be funny, satire has to come close to describing reality. Since most conservatives are so detached from reality, they can't do satire. They're poking fun at what the voices in their heads told them liberals are like. Of course, it plays well with the people who live in the same fantasy dimension, but all the normal people look at it and think "wow, that's stupid."

Comedy also comes from self-deprecation. Liberals are good at that. Conservatives, they take themselves so very seriously, so poking fun at themselves is off-limits. They think that it shows weakness, or some such nonsense. As is so regularly displayed on this board, conservative humor will often focus on other people getting hurt or humiliated, which normal people find very distasteful.

Your opinions duly noted, along with other posts and ratings.

Sorry you focused on my alleged shortcomings though instead of the real issue of Rudy's hurt feelings.

Forum List

Back