Once Again, Thank You Mr. President

B. Kidd

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2010
Western Lands
Just returned from meeting with my CPA.
I owe just a tad over 45% LESS than last year on my taxes.
Thank you for treating us seniors so great!!!

:5_1_12024:

During the Obama reign leftists convinced me debt was a good thing. Opinion | Debt Is Good
Paul Krugman wouldn't lie just because it would benefit King Barry , would he?
You mean the Bush 2 years don't you... it was Cheney that came right out and said, ''deficits do not matter....''

Obama reduced deficit spending over his 8 years, compared to what he inherited from President Bush...

Pres Trump.... is deficit spending like a madman, and he has a good economy, where the gvt is suppose to have smaller deficits....

unlike the Obama era, with a monster of all recessions (inherited), where deficit spending, goes up.

You mean the Bush 2 years don't you... it was Cheney that came right out and said, ''deficits do not matter....''
My citation of Paul Krugman's defense and rationalization of Obama spending was not a mistake. I did not mean Bush and Obama outdid his predecessor when it came to spending and running up debt. Krugman said debt was a good thing. If it was good under Obama why are you now calling it bad?

Obama reduced deficit spending over his 8 years, compared to what he inherited from President Bush...
President Barack Obama had the largest deficits. By the end of his final budget, FY 2017, his deficits totaled $6.785 trillion. President George W. Bush is next, racking up $3.293 trillion over two terms. Which President Rang Up the Highest Budget Deficit?

It takes a real partisan stooge to try and put lipstick on that pig. Obama nearly doubled the debt of George Bush and if you think recovery from the recession explains the massive difference in debt between the two you'd better think again.
TARP funds, for instance, are a pimple on the butt of Obama's trillions of dollars of spending.

Pres Trump.... is deficit spending like a madman, and he has a good economy, where the gvt is suppose to have smaller deficits....

unlike the Obama era, with a monster of all recessions (inherited), where deficit spending, goes up.
Obama accepted and adopted the Bush TARP plan which was basically shoveling money at failed banks and Wall Street businesses. But the real story goes beyond that. Why Blame Obama?

Last edited:
My citation of Paul Krugman's defense and rationalization of Obama spending was not a mistake. I did not mean Bush and Obama outdid his predecessor when it came to spending and running up debt. Krugman said debt was a good thing. If it was good under Obama why are you now calling it bad?

President Barack Obama had the largest deficits. By the end of his final budget, FY 2017, his deficits totaled $6.785 trillion. President George W. Bush is next, racking up $3.293 trillion over two terms. Which President Rang Up the Highest Budget Deficit?

It takes a real partisan stooge to try and put lipstick on that pig. Obama nearly doubled the debt of George Bush and if you think recovery from the recession explains the massive difference in debt between the two you'd better think again.
TARP funds, for instance, are a pimple on the butt of Obama's trillions of dollars of spending.

Obama accepted and adopted the Bush TARP plan which was basically shoveling money at failed banks and Wall Street businesses. But the real story goes beyond that. Why Blame Obama?
Deficits can be deceiving, they can hide through various means of column moving, what Presidents have actually over spent... a percentage of how much the debt has gone up compared to their predecessor, (adjusted for inflation), is a better measure.... Your link has a chart on that, and Bush added more to the national debt, as a percentage.... he slightly more than doubled the national debt under his 8 years, and Obama increased the national debt by about 74%...

both numbers, scary as heck!!! :eek:

Deficits can be deceiving, they can hide through various means of column moving, what Presidents have actually over spent... a percentage of how much the debt has gone up compared to their predecessor, (adjusted for inflation), is a better measure.... Your link has a chart on that, and Bush added more to the national debt, as a percentage.... he slightly more than doubled the national debt under his 8 years, and Obama increased the national debt by about 74%...

I don't care for either president, to say the least. george bush hugging michelle - Yahoo Video Search Results
Something very odd going on here.

Obama inherited the second worst economic disaster this country had ever seen and he had to deal with 2 wars started by Gomer Bush and put on the credit card. Any passing 9th grader knows what happens when spending increases and revenues decrease.

Obama inherited the second worst economic disaster this country had ever seen and he had to deal with 2 wars started by Gomer Bush and put on the credit card. Any passing 9th grader knows what happens when spending increases and revenues decrease.
The recession was a global phenomenon and it actually began in Europe and came to the US a couple of years later.
Early 2000s recession - Wikipedia

The idea that it was a creation of George Bush is a popular leftist myth that is never supported by facts but often repeated, as if it were true, as all fairy tales are.

And in any event the amount of money Obama was given by Congress to battle the recession through Bush TARP policies was a relative blip (hundreds of billions, all eventually repaid by banks) compared to the total amount of unprecedented debt that King Barry actually ran up (which amounted to trillions of dollars!).

Obama left office after running up nearly twice as much debt as George Bush, no prize as a president either. Attributing all those trillions of dollars to the recession he inherited is just pure ignorance and fanciful wishing.

I don't mind that you are invested in such dumb partisan nonsense. Just don't expect me, or any thinking knowledgeable person, to believe any of it.

Last edited:
The recession was a global phenomenon and it actually began in Europe and came to the US a couple of years later.
Early 2000s recession - Wikipedia

The idea that it was a creation of George Bush is a popular leftist myth that is never supported by facts but often repeated, as if it were true, as all fairy tales are.

And in any event the amount of money Obama was given by Congress to battle the recession through Bush TARP policies
was a relative blip (hundreds of billions, all eventually repaid by banks) compared to the total amount of unprecedented debt
that King Barry actually ran up (which amounted to trillions of dollars!).

I don't mind that you are invested in such dumb partisan nonsense. Just don't expect me to believe any of it.

The causes of the recession started long before Bush came into office.

We were against deficits before we for them. Loving that free stuff are you?
How can stuff that was yours to begin with become free stuff?
Why don`t you want to help pay the bills that we`re all responsible for? You people squealed like little bitches about deficits when Obama was president. What`s changed?
I wholeheartedly agree. No taxes - no free stuff. We all keep what we make. You pay your own bills even if it is by begging.

We were against deficits before we for them. Loving that free stuff are you?
How can stuff that was yours to begin with become free stuff?
Why don`t you want to help pay the bills that we`re all responsible for? You people squealed like little bitches about deficits when Obama was president. What`s changed?
I wholeheartedly agree. No taxes - no free stuff. We all keep what we make. You pay your own bills even if it is by begging.
Who pays for our wars? Should we be billed for them? Putting those idiotic yellow "I support the troops" stickers on our cars doesn`t really do anything do they?

HAHAHA...

Obama inherited a bubble recession that was largely undone by the Bush bank bailout.

Obama fought 2 wars on a credit card for 8 whole years, let our military go into disrepair, and allowed the ISIS Caliphate to form under his nose while he was busy taking selfies and plotting new ways to give money to terrorists.

Forum List

Back