On This Day in Sports - April Fool's Day

Anonymous519

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2021
Florida
  • 1938 - Baseball Hall of Fame opens in Cooperstown, New York, USA
    1617284151927.png
  • 1963 - New York Mets purchase Duke Snider from the Los Angeles Dodgers for US$40,000
    1617284177929.png
  • 1970 - Milwaukee Brewers Baseball Club, headed by Bud Selig, purchases the Seattle Pilots for US$10,800,000
    1617284211054.png
    1617284235773.png
  • 1972 - Major league baseball players stage first collective strike
  • 1980 - Wayne Gretzky breaks Bobby Orr's NHL record with 103rd assist
    1617284425418.png
  • 1983 - New York Islanders' Mike Bossy becomes first to score 60 goals in three consecutive seasons
    1617284459260.png
  • 1984 - Third NCAA Women's Basketball Championship: Southern California beats Tennessee 72-61
    1617284492518.png
  • 1985 - 47th NCAA Men's Basketball Champion: Villanova beats Georgetown 84-75
    1617284534315.png
  • 1989 - Former Yale University and National League president Bart Giamatti becomes seventh commissioner of Major League Baseball
    1617284560781.png
  • 1990 - 9th NCAA Women's Basketball Championship: Stanford beats Auburn 88-81
    1617284586241.png
  • 1990 - CBS fires sportscaster Brent Mussburger
  • 1991 - 53rd NCAA Mens Basketball Champion: Duke Bluedevils beats Kansas 72-65
    1617284631254.png
  • 1992 - NHL players begin first strike in 75-year history
  • 1997 - 69-year-old Gordie Howe begins playing AHL game with Syracuse Crunch
  • 2002 - Maryland defeats Indiana 64-52 to win the NCAA Men's Basketball Championship at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, Georgia

Attachments

• 1617284280944.png
    1617284280944.png
    49.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 1617284607599.png
    1617284607599.png
    46.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 1617284651797.png
    1617284651797.png
    46.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 1617284710900.png
    1617284710900.png
    112.2 KB · Views: 43
I see they didn't social distance or wear masks in 63.

I don't know about the chick in the middle of 1984. She looks a little more excited than the other 2 women.

I don't know about the chick in the middle of 1984. She looks a little more excited than the other 2 women.
Yea...those old days are missed! No societal issues that interferred with life in a major way, no masks, no demanding you get vaccinated...life was good and so were the sports. But now that's all gone and will never come back...sad and pathetic. We are in the new "normal" and it will never return to how life used to be. NO CHANCE. Sports are forever ruined. Every team in baseball this season is not permitting a capacity in the stadium of more than like 30%. AND, all fans MUST wear a mask. How stupid. Only the Rangers are allowing 100% capacity, but with masks. I'm glad I won't be attending anymore baseball games EVER.

Yea...those old days are missed! No societal issues that interferred with life in a major way, no masks, no demanding you get vaccinated...life was good and so were the sports. But now that's all gone and will never come back...sad and pathetic. We are in the new "normal" and it will never return to how life used to be. NO CHANCE. Sports are forever ruined. Every team in baseball this season is not permitting a capacity in the stadium of more than like 30%. AND, all fans MUST wear a mask. How stupid. Only the Rangers are allowing 100% capacity, but with masks. I'm glad I won't be attending anymore baseball games EVER.

No societal issues that interfered with life in a major way????? Do you have ANY idea of the list of things I was not allowed to do, or even be considered for doing, just because I was a girl?

White men are so oblivious of ALL of the restrictions the rest of us lived under just so they could do whatever the fuck they want. How hard I had to fight the notion that I couldn't be a bank manager because I was a woman?

No societal issues that interfered with life in a major way????? Do you have ANY idea of the list of things I was not allowed to do, or even be considered for doing, just because I was a girl?

White men are so oblivious of ALL of the restrictions the rest of us lived under just so they could do whatever the fuck they want. How hard I had to fight the notion that I couldn't be a bank manager because I was a woman?
I was only referring to sports...not society itself. I agree there have been societal problems for eternity but the topic here is sports and in the current day, sports are overwhelmingly affected by outside interferences that was the point I was making. I also think you are wrong about generalizing about white men. Not all men think the same way...catch a clue.

Another note to add...I hate racism because it is so stupid. We are all human, basically made the same way so color should have no impact on anything but the world and world governments have made sure that racism exists and continues to exist. That will never end as long as the elites are in control and government is allowed to have their say the way they want the world to be.

Oh Dear Lord. I've seen women in high ranking banking and insurance positions for decades.

Were you having trouble in, the Bonnie and Clyde banking days?

Forum List

Back