On This Day in 2017 a Democrat Attempted the Largest Assassination Attempt in US History

After that shooting Democrats called for stricter gun control and Republicans? More guns!

That's not what the phony fact-checker said. They said the Dems called for tighter gun laws after El Paso and Dayton Ohio. NOT after the attempted assassinations of a dozen Republican congresspeople. Also said that immediately after the assassination attempts, Democrats opposed Repub efforts to LOOSEN gun regs. NOT the same thing as calling for "gun control"..

Once again -- use a fact-checker - get super partisan spin. That makes you feel good, but makes you look stupid. Ever consider going to primary sources and uses your own critical thinking?

That's not what the phony fact-checker said. They said the Dems called for tighter gun laws after El Paso and Dayton Ohio. NOT after the attempted assassinations of a dozen Republican congresspeople. Also said that immediately after the assassination attempts, Democrats opposed Repub efforts to LOOSEN gun regs. NOT the same thing as calling for "gun control"..

Once again -- use a fact-checker - get super partisan spin. That makes you feel good, but makes you look stupid. Ever consider going to primary sources and uses your own critical thinking?

From Politifact:

Other Democrats explicitly called for more gun control after the shooting.

Terry McAuliffe, then the Democratic governor of Virginia, called for more background checks and closing the "gun-show loophole," according to USA Today

PRIMARY SOURCE referenced and linked to in Politifact: Shooting at congressional baseball practice reignites gun debate

WASHINGTON — The shooting that injured several people, including a member of Congress, at a Republican congressional baseball team practice on Wednesday has re-energized both sides of the gun debate...etc

Big Pharma and Big Oil are very happy Democrats are in control.

There is that list of of over 300 major global corporations who signed up to support BLM, the Democrats' street thug auxillary that openly called for assassinating white police officers, so it's not just big oil and big pharma the DNC really worked for.

It's just hilarious they keep trying to sell the ridiculous idea they're for 'The Little People', and their idiot base keeps parroting that false claim.

From Politifact:

Terry McAuliffe, then the Democratic governor of Virginia, called for more background checks and closing the "gun-show loophole," according to USA Today

PRIMARY SOURCE referenced and linked to in Politifact: Shooting at congressional baseball practice reignites gun debate

WASHINGTON — The shooting that injured several people, including a member of Congress, at a Republican congressional baseball team practice on Wednesday has re-energized both sides of the gun debate...etc

Your "fact-checker" uses the weakest phoniest statements they can find. The USA Today piece was only about VA Gov and some left wing gun grabbing outfit. 85% of the article was about the Repub efforts to LOOSEN carry/hearing protection legislation. CRICKETS FROM DEMS in Congress. CRICKETS from leftists in the media. NOT AT ALL like any other of completed/attempted mass shootings where EVERY Democrat in Congress went running for the cameras.

Your fact-checkers failed you again, but you'll still go to them for "opinion" and spin.

From Politifact:

It must be true! A Leftard website posted it on the internet!

He beat the Democrats assassins in 1865.

Today is 6/14, a day that should live in infamy. This is the day that American democracy took a barbaric hit, when – five years ago on June 14, 2017 – the Democrat Party’s dangerous, violent rhetoric incited one of its members to attempt, and almost succeed in carrying out, the largest-scale political assassination in our nation’s history. On June 14, 2017, a Democrat tried to murder dozens of Republican Congressmen as they innocently gathered to play baseball at a field just outside the nation’s capital. The Democrat insurrectionist succeeded in seriously injuring Rep. Steve Scalise and three others, including two police officers, before brave law enforcement officials stopped him and saved the rule of law. This June 14 commemorates the five-year anniversary of the “Congressional Baseball Massacre” -- an actual domestic terror attack carried out by a Democrat. . .
. . . Inspired by Sen. Bernie Sanders’ false claim that “36,000 people will die yearly” if the Republican Congress succeeded in repealing and replacing the Affordable Care Act, one of Sanders’ supporters, a home inspector with no history of mental illness, set out with the express intent to “terminate the Republican Party.” The 6/14 insurrectionist campaigned for Sanders and was a supporter of Barack Obama. The Congressional Baseball Massacre came in the wake of a deluge of calls for violence against Republicans by Democrat politicians and their supporters in the media and in Hollywood. To name a few examples: just two weeks earlier, in May of 2017, Democrat comedian and far-left CNN contributor Kathy Griffin posed in a Mexican cartel-style photo featuring a mock severed and blood-soaked head of the recently-elected Republican president; also in May of 2017, Democrat rapper Snoop Dogg posted a video depicting him murdering the Republican president; at a Democrat rally in January of 2017, pop star Madonna had mused about blowing up the Republican-occupied White House.

The horrific attack had no effect on the stream of hateful Democrat rhetoric. Just days after the attack, Sanders posted a tweet reasserting his earlier claim that Republican policies were murdering people, stating: “Let us be clear and this is not trying to be overly dramatic: Thousands of people will die if the Republican health care bill becomes law” . . .

. . . On this fifth anniversary of 6/14, the Congressional Baseball Massacre, we must remember – to quote [so-called quote-unquote "president"] Biden – “in life there’s truth and, tragically, there are lies – lies conceived for profit and power. We must be absolutely clear about what is true and what is a lie.”
Meh. No more dangerous than my kids’ day in school. God bless the second amendment.

Your "fact-checker" uses the weakest phoniest statements they can find. The USA Today piece was only about VA Gov and some left wing gun grabbing outfit. 85% of the article was about the Repub efforts to LOOSEN carry/hearing protection legislation. CRICKETS FROM DEMS in Congress. CRICKETS from leftists in the media. NOT AT ALL like any other of completed/attempted mass shootings where EVERY Democrat in Congress went running for the cameras.

Your fact-checkers failed you again, but you'll still go to them for "opinion" and spin.
Bullshit. Your anaphalactic hatred of factcheckers and ANTHING Dem or left is showing through on this. You can't accept it so you gotta move the goalposts - it wasn't a stroooong enough response.

It was IN THE MEDIA. I read and heard it in the media. I LISTENED to DEMS and others condemning and joining hands in a RARE and wonderful moment of bipartisan anger about it. I listened to discussions on control.

Something else to consider: public attention vs. rightwing attention.

22 dead kids and teachers is going to stir up a whole lot more public anger and reaction than a failed shooting. 22 dead is a MASSACRE.

Factcheckers are no different than any other source, ALL are only as good as their links to primary sources and dedication to factual coverage. ALL are subject partisan spin and are, frankly, even the worst are probably a more reliable source of information than an internet meme.

Here are Dem responses. Gonna move the goalposts again?

oh...and even Hollywood...

Last edited:
Bullshit. Your anaphalactic hatred of factcheckers and ANTHING Dem or left is showing through on this. You can't accept it so you gotta move the goalposts - it wasn't a stroooong enough response.

It's not a hatred of fact-checkers, its informed EXPERIENCE with them and their loosely veiled spin bordering on lying. I dont HATE astrologers or psychics, but again, the evidence and facts of THEIR uselessness are readily apparent. Only way to SURVIVE intellectually with our current media is to READ WIDELY, FIND the dozen REAL investigative journalists who still exist and subscribe BROADLY to magazines that represent all points of view. ITS A LOT OF WORK...

It was IN THE MEDIA. I read and heard it in the media. I LISTENED to DEMS and others condemning and joining hands in a RARE and wonderful moment of bipartisan anger about it. I listened to discussions on control.

I'm not doubting you heard a lot of condolences and condemnations. I heard those also. But that's NOT the point of discussion here. It's about the ABSENCE of the Dem reflex to go to the cameras and shake their fists about guns and gun laws.

Something else to consider: public attention vs. rightwing attention.

22 dead kids and teachers is going to stir up a whole lot more public anger and reaction than a failed shooting. 22 dead is a MASSACRE.

By "right-wing" attention -- you mean crap like the ENTIRE MEDIA and Dem leadership borking the story about the attempt to assassinate Kavanaugh. I can give your the SECONDS that any LEFTWING media or politicians SPENT on THAT story, You CANNOT BE INFORMED or have enough news to USE your personal critical thinking -- if the BULK of the media IS NOT REPORTING it. I honestly feel sorry for all my leftist buds that got suckered into FIVE YEARS of the biggest political hoax of our lifetime about the fake as shit Russian dossier. All they had to do was go read British coverage and Congressional sworn testimony instead of being ghosted on the facts and evidence. Same with the ULTRA borking of the Hunter story. I feel for them, because they GOT USED by a complicit mainstream - corrupt and lazy media.

Factcheckers are no different than any other source, ALL are only as good as their links to primary sources and dedication to factual coverage.

But they are not honest. They are no different than WH Press Secretary bending facts and sources to get YET ANOTHER "excuse" out there for the inexcusable. Dont NEED A "truth meter". Especially when EVEN THE FACT-CHECKER ADMITS there is "factual truth" to the issue, but still pegs the needle at FALSE --- and this is entirely common.

Last edited:
It's not a hatred of fact-checkers, its informed EXPERIENCE with them and their loosely veiled spin bordering on lying.

Fact checkers present their sources
Something Stolen Election Retards are unable to do

Kyle Rittenhouse is well known and sometimes vilified by democrats for having been found not guilty in a self defense shooting but almost nobody remembers 66 year old James Hodgkinson who tried to assassinate every conservative member of congress in the first year of the Trump administration. Hodgkinson was a radical supporter of Bernie Sanders and chances are that he met with Sanders while he was camped in his car on the D.C. streets before the shooting. Did Sanders furnish Hodgkinson with the list of names of the conservative congressmen that was found on his body? How did he know the date and time that a republican baseball team was holding practice on a particular field? The case was closed after Capital Cops killed Hodgkinson after he shot republican Congressman Steve Scalisi and the FBI was apparently relieved that they could go back to watching Trump.

It's not a hatred of fact-checkers, its informed EXPERIENCE with them and their loosely veiled spin bordering on lying. I dont HATE astrologers or psychics, but again, the evidence and facts of THEIR uselessness are readily apparent. Only way to SURVIVE intellectually with our current media is to READ WIDELY, FIND the dozen REAL investigative journalists who still exist and subscribe BROADLY to magazines that represent all points of view. ITS A LOT OF WORK...
They are no different than any other source, and I have them accurate at dissecting partisan spin more often than not. As long as they link to multiple primary sources, I don’t see a problem unless those multiple primary sources are to themselves. In issues I am passionate about, I will put in the work, but for a meme that is an outright lie? No. Not worth it.

I'm not doubting you heard a lot of condolences and condemnations. I heard those also. But that's NOT the point of discussion here. It's about the ABSENCE of the Dem reflex to go to the cameras and shake their fists about guns and gun laws.

As I noted, multiple ones did, but if you are expecting a reaction similar to yet another school full of kids getting massacred (a REAL massacre)…it just isn’t equivalent and the American public is telling you this, not me, not Dems.

By "right-wing" attention -- you mean crap like the ENTIRE MEDIA and Dem leadership borking the story about the attempt to assassinate Kavanaugh. I can give your the SECONDS that any LEFTWING media or politicians SPENT on THAT story, You CANNOT BE INFORMED or have enough news to USE your personal critical thinking -- if the BULK of the media IS NOT REPORTING it.

It’s amazing how uninformed people can be when they listen to their winger echo chambers telling them what is not being reported on. Most of the time…it’s a lie designed to reinforce the right’s self-designated victim status. Oh look, they aren’t reporting sufficiently VOCIFEROUSLY enough on what WE think is important.

I wonder if the rightwing media reported this?

Funny thing, I did a Google search and as of an hour it is STILL being covered. By msm outlets.

I honestly feel sorry for all my leftist buds that got suckered into FIVE YEARS of the biggest political hoax of our lifetime about the fake as shit Russian dossier. All they had to do was go read British coverage and Congressional sworn testimony instead of being ghosted on the facts and evidence. Same with the ULTRA borking of the Hunter story. I feel for them, because they GOT USED by a complicit mainstream - corrupt and lazy media.

The biggest hoax of our lifetime? The fake election “steal”. I doubt there is much accurate RW reporting or that or Jan 6.

But they are not honest. They are no different than WH Press Secretary bending facts and sources to get YET ANOTHER "excuse" out there for the inexcusable. Dont NEED A "truth meter". Especially when EVEN THE FACT-CHECKER ADMITS there is "factual truth" to the issue, but still pegs the needle at FALSE --- and this is entirely common.
Tbey are no less honest than tbe RW media.

As I noted, multiple ones did, but if you are expecting a reaction similar to yet another school full of kids getting massacred (a REAL massacre)…it just isn’t equivalent and the American public is telling you this, not me, not Dems.

Where is the VOICE of the American public? I'd like to hear it, but I think polling is antiquated and inaccurate in these times? Is it NPR?? Because THEY have "public" in their names, but it requires a "woke translator" to listen to lately.

The only ones your charlatan fact-checker used DIDN'T REPRESENT "the voice of the American people" -- Didnt even WIN any hearts and minds that the DEM PARTY was pushing hard on gun control AFTER the baseball team shooting. THE DEMS DID NOT DO THAT. That's the point. If YOU BELIEVE that "school children" are just decoys with more VALUE POINTS than sitting members of Congress -- that's something YOU have to deal with. Not me.

24 of the Republicans involved in that baseball practice shooting went out and got carry permits RIGHT AFTER that event so that THEY can come to work in the Capitol armed. MANY more people in Congress now have a holstered gun or in their purse while in the Capitol.

All those VIRULENTLY HOSTILE enemies of each other CARRYING SO MUCH firepower at their PLACE OF WORK -- what could possibly go wrong? Just hope they all are getting annual mental fitness exams because I know Feinstein doesn't go anywhere without a piece in HER purse.

Where is the VOICE of the American public? I'd like to hear it, but I think polling is antiquated and inaccurate in these times? Is it NPR?? Because THEY have "public" in their names, but it requires a "woke translator" to listen to lately.

And here you go again :rolleyes:

Doubt you listen to it if you’ve tagged it with “woke”.

I’ll take them over your conspiracy-riddled rightwing crap.
The only ones your charlatan fact-checker used DIDN'T REPRESENT "the voice of the American people" --
Since when are facts subject to “approval” by the “people”?

Didnt even WIN any hearts and minds that the DEM PARTY was pushing hard on gun control AFTER the baseball team shooting. THE DEMS DID NOT DO THAT.

Nope they sure didn’t, but when politicians are owned by big money interests, the voice of the people can get drowned out.

I’m still trying to figure out WHY you seem to think a shooting that killed no one should merit the same degree of attention as one that killed 20 kids and 2 adults? Because that is what this whinefest (which led to the lie about “not a peep” on gun control) is really about.
That's the point. If YOU BELIEVE that "school children" are just decoys with more VALUE POINTS than sitting members of Congress -- that's something YOU have to deal with. Not me.

oooooh…low blow eh? Not surprised. It has nothing to do with “points” though you are certainly free to think that. It is when the public finally has had enough and killing their children is one way of guaranteeing that.

24 of the Republicans involved in that baseball practice shooting went out and got carry permits RIGHT AFTER that event so that THEY can come to work in the Capitol armed. MANY more people in Congress now have a holstered gun or in their purse while in the Capitol.

Their choice. What’s your point?

All those VIRULENTLY HOSTILE enemies of each other CARRYING SO MUCH firepower at their PLACE OF WORK -- what could possibly go wrong? Just hope they all are getting annual mental fitness exams because I know Feinstein doesn't go anywhere without a piece in HER purse.
What could go wrong? Lots. But let’s just keep loosening tbe gun regs.

Forum List

Back